Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 issues

I put in a spec 3 about 15000 miles ago and its been doin fine. Well the other night I was racing and it shifted fine well after I was done racing I was driving normally and when I downshifted its like the clutch isnt disengaging when i put it in another gear it dont make like a grinding missing gear noise it makes a quite grinding noise. I was thinkin I need to do the drill mod case I have a cam and normally spin it up to 6500 and sometimes when I do that it want let me pull the shifter out of gear maybe this is the same prob maybe not just give me some feedback on what yall think.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Launching!

i know somones had this issue before
Old 08-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

If you are shifting slowly with the clutch to the floor and its grinding, the drill mod won't help. The drill mod is a fix for the clutch not disengaging fast enough when you are speed shifting, under normal driving it should have no effect.

Sounds like the clutch just isn't disengaging all the way. I think I may have the same problem, I'm taking my car in tomarow to get it checked out.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Launching!

i called a buddy of mine he said it sounds like a bad sifter pad or something nothing serious just posting what i found out so if yall have the same issue
Old 08-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hardtopz28
i called a buddy of mine he said it sounds like a bad sifter pad or something nothing serious just posting what i found out so if yall have the same issue
A bad "shifter pad"?? Never even heard of such a thing...

Sounds more like a clutch issue to me.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Launching!

well its only grinding when the clutch pedal is in and its in a gear when i go to downshift with the clutch pedal in but when release the clutch pedal it stops so i dunno what did you hear bandit
Old 08-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hardtopz28
well its only grinding when the clutch pedal is in and its in a gear when i go to downshift with the clutch pedal in but when release the clutch pedal it stops so i dunno what did you hear bandit
Let me get this straight...

When you put the clutch to the floor and try to downshift, it grinds gears. When you release (engage) the clutch once its in gear, the grinding stops.

Its one of two things. Either the clutch isn't disengaging all the way, or the synchros in the trans are going out. Check the clutch out first.

Also check the stop bolts on your shifter (if you have them). If they are out of adjustment, it will not allow the shifter all the way in gear, causing a grind during shifting.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Launching!

it grinds after its in a gear with the clutch pushed in but when i realease the clutch it stops im gonna check on those bolts but i dont know what it is but it feels like somethings tryin to grab. it dont do it all the time just some times