Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

power bled my clutch. great results

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
For me, the brakes were even easier to bleed than the clutch. Actually, it was the first time I had ever bled them (kinda sad, I know).
So how does you clutch feel now? i just installed my spec 3 and its engaging high off the floor i want it to be more in the middle will this bleeding help?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

So the 0250 comes with a screw on adapter for the clutch reservoir and the brake reservoir?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skytower31
So the 0250 comes with a screw on adapter for the clutch reservoir and the brake reservoir?
Model 0108 gets you everything but the screw on cap for the clutch reservoir. For that, you need the European Adapter that fits 45mm threaded clutch reservoir caps, adapter number 1100.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Model 0108 gets you everything but the screw on cap for the clutch reservoir. For that, you need the European Adapter that fits 45mm threaded clutch reservoir caps, adapter number 1100.

Thanks Steve. Cheaper than the 0250 kit anyway. Now I just need to find justification/explaination for the wife. :hmm:
Old 10-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

"Well honey, the clutch has been acting up...I know how much you like driving it, and I just want you to be as safe as possible when doing so. Think of it as an investment for our future..."

That's the best I can come up with on short notice

How's your car holding up? The Strange 12-bolt? Mine is on order (finally)...
Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

"Well honey, the clutch has been acting up...I know how much you like driving it, and I just want you to be as safe as possible when doing so. Think of it as an investment for our future..."

That's the best I can come up with on short notice

How's your car holding up? The Strange 12-bolt? Mine is on order (finally)...
Her reply would be, "um, but I can't drive stick, and even then, you would NEVER let me drive it".

Car is holding up good. I get noise under decel at about 50-60mph. Still getting some ABS INOP problems...but I don't drive 'er that much so it doesn't really bug me. Gotta do a clutch swap in the next month of so.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Any clutch in particular you are looking at? I'm on my third, and am really liking what I have now (RPS)...

Yeah. This rear ain't coming with ABS or TCS. My ABS delete kit shipped today. Ain't even messing with it
Old 10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Ordered a 0250 today. Looking forward to playing with it this weekend.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Teching In

OK OK WTF I power bled my brains out went thru two whole tanks of fluid and at the bleed port its clear fluid no air looks great. However the pedal when you push it just a small bit it sucks it to the floor. If you pump it quick not much more than 1/4 inch and then push it in its perfect. Push it and everytime and works fine, stop and if goes back to the same ****. help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smp777
OK OK WTF I power bled my brains out went thru two whole tanks of fluid and at the bleed port its clear fluid no air looks great. However the pedal when you push it just a small bit it sucks it to the floor. If you pump it quick not much more than 1/4 inch and then push it in its perfect. Push it and everytime and works fine, stop and if goes back to the same ****. help!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like it could be a MC problem to me.

I would pump it up and it would work, but a slow press or holding it to the floor and it was as if the engagement point would get closer to the floor and the pedal wouldn't come back up. Double check for any leaks, and once you have bled it - pump the pedal slowly a few times then rebleed (this is what worked for me anyway).
Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Thanks i did everything i could think of. I even bled it like brakes, pedal pumped out fluid fine no air clear steady stream of fluid. Hell i dont know, the screwy thing is if it were sucking air why would it work perfect after a short pump? i was afraid it could be the master. I just put new clutch and press plate flywheel and slave in it less than 3000 miles ago this thing is making me crazy. lol thanks for the input
Old 10-25-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Mine felt really good after bleeding. However, the pedal got a little soft about 2 weeks later and then firmed up again. Maybe there's a little air working around. Anyway, since I can do the bleed in 20 min or less, I'll keep at it. I bled once again yesterday but instead of opening/closing bleeder for 5 second intervals, I just cracked a little bit and let the fluid push through slowly (several minutes) and then closed when done. I wonder if I had the slave open too much during the open/close method allowing air to get in the slave. NOt being able to attach a hose to the slave is a pain and would make it much easier.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by MrEddie
Mine felt really good after bleeding. However, the pedal got a little soft about 2 weeks later and then firmed up again. Maybe there's a little air working around. Anyway, since I can do the bleed in 20 min or less, I'll keep at it. I bled once again yesterday but instead of opening/closing bleeder for 5 second intervals, I just cracked a little bit and let the fluid push through slowly (several minutes) and then closed when done. I wonder if I had the slave open too much during the open/close method allowing air to get in the slave. NOt being able to attach a hose to the slave is a pain and would make it much easier.
That's why I'm glad I got an extension for the slave bleeder screw on mine with a regular bleed screw on the end. That has made it SO much easier to get this job done. It truly becomes an open-the-hood, one-person kinda job. No jacking the car up, nothing.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's why I'm glad I got an extension for the slave bleeder screw on mine with a regular bleed screw on the end. That has made it SO much easier to get this job done. It truly becomes an open-the-hood, one-person kinda job. No jacking the car up, nothing.
got any pics? i need this set up.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
got any pics? i need this set up.
What you are looking for is here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/597456-steve-d-still-selling-extensions.html

And if you'll give me a second...
Old 10-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

...this is what it looks like attached to the slave cylinder:

And this is my ghetto-fabulous "bench" bleeding setup I did with it:

I don't have any in car pics right now, but that'll tell you what it looks like at least...
Old 10-28-2006, 10:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet. thanx man.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

MeentSS02, I have the same out of car bleeding setup (including the steve-d slave extension) like you do in the picture. I have two somewhat dumb questions:
1) when hand pumping the master, how far in are you supposed to pump (any risk of damage)?
2) I noticed the slave wasn't moving when pumping, but fluid was coming out the end of the line. Isn't the slave supposed to visibly react to the pressure?

THanks!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by MrEddie
MeentSS02, I have the same out of car bleeding setup (including the steve-d slave extension) like you do in the picture. I have two somewhat dumb questions:
1) when hand pumping the master, how far in are you supposed to pump (any risk of damage)?
2) I noticed the slave wasn't moving when pumping, but fluid was coming out the end of the line. Isn't the slave supposed to visibly react to the pressure?

THanks!
While hand pumping, I pushed it as far in as it would go...took a surprising amount of effort, but I obviously didn't go too far. The master is working great.

When pumping, and if you have the slave bleeder screw open, you are relieving the pressure through that screw, so it shouldn't move. Mine didn't...
Old 12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

THanks for the reply. After thinking about it (duh), I guess the slave is already in it's uncompressed state when out of the car, so there is no movement. WHen in the car, it's compressed and the pumping of the pedal would cause it to stretch out and push on the fingers. Oh, and pumping the master is a workout.

Quick Reply: power bled my clutch. great results