Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

steve-d still selling extensions???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Steve-D is still selling these, I'm also very interested in buying a slave extension. Does anyone know how to contact him? Thanks!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent him a PM once upon a time...worked for me. If you can't find him, go over to FRRAX.com and look there in their forum.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Email is the best way guys. I don't think he checks this board too much. He responds to email pretty quick though. Great looking piece for sure. I love mine.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrEddie
If Steve-D is still selling these, I'm also very interested in buying a slave extension. Does anyone know how to contact him? Thanks!
Yes he is still selling these. I just received a PM from him today. I think he prefers e-mail so try that method. His e-mail from the PM is below.

bicycle55 (at) suscom.net
Old 11-02-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey everyone... Im not 100% on this...but bear with me. I want to get one of the extended bleeder deals but I am not looking to take my trans out. Just isnt happening at the moment. But I think I could benefit from a good bleeding, and this method seems to be one of the best. (mighty vac is sketchy at the momeny...)

Here is my idea, but I dont know if it is possible.

Do you know the O2 sockets that you can get to install new O2 sensors? Its a socket with a slit down the side. Im wondering if you could get a deep socket...maybe they make special ones that are extra deep (long). Grind/cut a slit in it so that the line part of the bleeder can go to the side, then use that to tighten up the line at the slave. Is that even possible at all? I figured you might have to grind a bit away at the opening where the bleeder sits. Maybe someone that has the bleeder but not installed yet can take an old socket and play around. Probably has to be a good socket though. So its strong enough to not split. So no cheapie "great neck" sockets from autozone. haha.

Yes/no/maybe???

Justin

EDIT: I just had another idea. What about one of those "exo-wrenches"... The ones that allow things to pass right through it? Like if you were tightening a nut on a long stud, the stud could pass right through the wrench. Could something like that work? Sorry Im at work brainstorming about my car....what I usually do every day. Sort of feel like peter from office space sometimes. I do just enough to not get fired... lol.

Last edited by ghettocruiser; 11-02-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Hi Tex,

They are available immediately. I just received a new shipment from Goodridge. I had them fabricate a one piece bleeder line. It is 35 inches long. The extra length is a much better setup as the end of it reaches to the engine bay and you can bleed the car w/o jacking it and getting under it.

It easily allows for it to be secured along the top of the engine at approximately mid point along the intake manifold. You really can bleed it quickly and not even get your hands or back dirty! You have your helper depress the clutch pedal while you operate the bleeder screw end, collect the expelled fluid and monitor the MC reservoir to insure it doesn't go dry. Neat, huh? You don’t even have to jack up the car!!

It includes an Adel clamp and I have mine bolted to the same bolt used to secure one of the ignition coils.

The cost is $85 plus 4.50 for shipping. The kit is made up of the best quality parts from Goodridge (http://www.goodridge.net/). The parts are (starting from the slave end):

** An adapter to screw into the GM slave;
** Stainless Steel braided line;
** Bleeder;
** An Adel clamp to secure the bleeder end in your engine compartment; and lastly
** A rubber cover to keep the bleeder clean. After all, it’s the little things that count!
** Full instructions.

If interested, please contact me by PM or to my email address:

bicycle551 (at) comcast.net

BTW, presently it is a mod designed for when the slave is replaced. I haven't run across a tool to allow for it to be sufficiently tightened with the slave in place to eliminate leaks. The clearance between the bell and the trans tunnel may be too tight to allow for a tool to be inserted.

Best Regards

Steve

Last edited by steve-d; 01-13-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by steve-d
Hi Tex,

They are available immediately. I just received a new shipment from Goodridge. I had them fabricate a one piece bleeder line. It is 35 inches long. The extra length is a much better setup as the end of it reaches to the engine bay and you can bleed the car w/o jacking it and getting under it.

It easily allows for it to be secured along the top of the engine at approximately mid point along the intake manifold. You really can bleed it quickly and not even get your hands or back dirty! You have your helper pump while you operate the bleeder, collect the expelled fluid and monitor the MC reservoir to insure it doesn't go dry. Neat, huh? You don’t even have to jack up the car!!

It includes an Adel clamp and I have mine bolted to the same bolt used to secure one of the ignition coils.

The cost is $85 plus 4.50 for shipping. The kit is made up of the best quality parts from Goodridge (http://www.goodridge.net/). The parts are (starting from the slave end):

** An adapter to screw into the GM slave;
** Stainless Steel braided line;
** Bleeder;
** An Adel clamp to secure the bleeder end in your engine compartment; and lastly
** A rubber cover to keep the bleeder clean. After all, it’s the little things that count!
** Full instructions.

If interested, please contact me by PM or to my email address:

bicycle55 (at) suscom.net

BTW, presently it is a mod designed for when the slave is replaced. I haven't run across a tool to allow for it to be sufficiently tightened to eliminate leaks. The clearance between the bell and the trans tunnel may be too tight to allow for a tool to be inserted.

Best Regards

Steve
Kick *** man...I still love the hell out of mine. Best mod I've done to the hydraulics on my car...
Old 11-26-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Man I really want one of these but im not looking to install a clutch yet and I need to flush the fluid bad and I dont want to get it all over ughhhh.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Default Remote bleeders.

Hi guys,

I've had many emails about availability. They have arrived and they are the long ones custom made by Goodridge: SS brake lines and perfect ends to allow for total reliability. You don't have to jack the car to bleed the car at all--bleed it from the engine bay!

PayPal to bicycle551 (at) comcast.net

Holiday sale: $70 each plus $4.50 for mail.

Let me know:

PM or email to bicycle551 (at) comcast.net

Steve

Last edited by steve-d; 02-28-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Just installed mine today, what a great idea!!! This thing is worth it's weight in gold!!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

I've had mine installed for a month or so now and it just rocks. The pedal is firm and bleeding took less than 10 minutes! If you drop your tranny for any reason, you may want to pick one of these up and save some trouble with bleeding the hydraulics. Here's a pic of my slave extension fastened to the fuel rail.
Attached Thumbnails steve-d still selling extensions???-slaveextension2.jpg  
Old 01-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Hi Mr Eddie,

Thanks for the kind words. If there are any Q's regarding installation, please email me bicycle551 (at) comcast.net

As Eddie noted, it is only practical to install when dropping the trans for any reason. Otherwise the remote bleeder hose can't be adequately tightened.

B/O the nice response, the holiday pricing noted above, is still in effect.

Steve
Old 01-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by MrEddie
I've had mine installed for a month or so now and it just rocks. The pedal is firm and bleeding took less than 10 minutes! If you drop your tranny for any reason, you may want to pick one of these up and save some trouble with bleeding the hydraulics. Here's a pic of my slave extension fastened to the fuel rail.
I've had mine on for many months, and still loving it
Old 01-13-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like mine too, bleeding is much a much cleaner process now.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

Can anyone provide me with the Goodrige part number for this? Goodrige is right up the road, so I can get it directly from them but i am sure they do not have a specific line for the slave. I would imagine it is just a line that Steve made to work with our slave setups. The part number should be with your packages. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Hi,

No part number from Goodridge. I had them custom fabricate these hoses for this application. It is not an "off the shelf" product.

They are available, however.

Steve

Last edited by steve-d; 01-25-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Was there any pictures of how people mounted theirs?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Email sent.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Launching!

If anyone needs some pics let me know. No problem sending them out. PM or email to bicycle551 (at) comcast.net

Steve

Quick Reply: steve-d still selling extensions???