Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

my McLeod SFI bellhousing install

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have the bolts that came with it. I also cant keep it up there inless I put a couple of bolts in it to hold it. I dont know where the problem is with the starter, I put it up there and theres toom all the way aroud it? Is the problem with the motor plate or the bellhouseing it self? I can see where the plate could be close but it sets up there fine.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine went in pretty fairly easy for the most part. I didn't use any of the motor plate/bellhousing bolts either. Here's a couple links to other installs if you already haven't seen them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/258875-mcleod-sfi-bellhousing-installed-pics-info-within.html
http://www.fastlsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9515
Old 05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

well I got it in today, not to bad. Better than I thought it would be. I used a spare inout shaft to aline my twin disk. Finally got it so it would slid in and out easy

The only problem I had was the bolt just above the starter pulled out the threads I never even torqued down on it? I have everyother one tight and its all comeing apart at the end of the season if it last that long and at that time I'll be useing a different block so I think it should be ok for now. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSwanner
well i found something pretty interesting today. since i've had the car back together i have not been able to power shift it & the clutch has been "catching" about 3" off the floor.

today i got it on the lift and checked the distance/clearance between the TO bearing & pressure plate. amber told me it should be around .050" well mine is a LOT more then that! by like a 1/4". i know of one other guy with the same problem.

i'm gonna get a custom spacer made like the SPEC one and that should fix my problem.
Bringing back an old post, but I have the Mcleod 8710 and 8711 BH and Block Plate, trying to figure out how to install them with my 98 LS1 block into my 69 Chevelle. Initially i mounted the BH directly to the block with the stock 4l60e BH bolts and saw they were about 1/2" too long to suck it tight enough together. Then when I place the block plate in, im still about 1/4" too long for bolts. Do I just get bolts that are 1/4" short or is this where you guys have had to use a spacer? what spacer is it, part number? where do I place it, between the TOB and trans? Hope people check this and have some input.

Quick Reply: my McLeod SFI bellhousing install