Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hard shifting, and i have tried alot!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hard shifting, and i have tried alot!!

OK i just went from the centerforce DF STAGE III to the RAM HD...i have put 4 clutches in my car in the last 4 months...First one worked till i took it to the track and smoked it down the track and then it would shift into any gear right....second i had in for about 3 weeks about 1000miles and it worked great but slipped to much when i was going like up on the trailer, or pulling from a stop in anyway...it finally slipped so much it got hard to shift into any gear, so pulled that one and new clutch and FW, and the same thing, at about the same miles...slipped alot when i was just leaving a light or up a hill...these clutched held GREAT under load no slipping....well i decided to go to a different clutch.... i turned the FW and put in the mew RAM HD....well the pedal was way low and it was hard to shift into any gear right off the bat with this clutch, so i pulled it and shimmed th clutch with the shim they sent with it, and while i was in there replaced the salve again, and same thing, still hard to shift.....i have bled the **** out of this system also....the pedal is now alot higher but it still doesn't want to shift right....

so to sum it up 3 CF clutches worked good for a short while the hard to shift...
every one got a new or resurfaced FW

replaced them with the RAMHD and hard to shift from the first second!

and ideas??????

i am really getting aggravated!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how old are the hydraulics (slave & master) and is your clutch line wrapped?

What color is your fluid? Does it smell funny?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

NEW slave, and always new fluid...also to add....just to shoot it down before someone says it......its not heat getting to the slave or line from my T.T's because it feels the same with ne/cold fluid, even before it has time to be broken down from heat....
and i have wrapped the line in a fireproof heat shield also./.......
Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

can air in teh line make the pedal feel really hard to push, i have heard that about these clutches, but didnt know if it is true or not....i know when it come to breaks its not true, JW because my pedal and a friends pedal with the same clutch is way different, mine is alot harder......more springy
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this isnt going to help ypu any, but my pedal is alos very hard to push, and "springy". I have been trying for the past 5 months to figure this out...
Old 07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

i just wish i could figure out the hard shifting.. hard shifting points to the HYDRO's but i have bled and bled and replaced the slave twice, so im out of ideas!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you tried changing the master??
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by z-ya
Have you tried changing the master??

Damn, you beat me to it. As I read through the threads, am thinking; "sounds like the master needs to be looked into".

So, ditto on the master. You wouldn't be going through 4 clutches like this without some clamping related problem. Based on the things you've already done, seems like the master is next in line.