Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia Z Grip Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Textralia Z Grip Review

I love to read the reviews on parts, as I do a lot of research before buying. Like all my parts I get, I always do a review.

Got my Tex Z 2 days ago along with all new GM hydros and drill mod. I have only put like 30 miles on her, but this is what I have noticed thus far.

-Clutch is grabby once it is fully engaged (good thing).
-There is less pedal travel then the stock clutch (good thing)
-Pushing the clutch in to change gears, almost feels like a honda, way better than stock
-The transmission seems to even shift smoother now, didnt change fluid only topped up what was spilled on disassembly.
-I have been going pretty easy on it, just normal driving with some light throttle to around 4000ish. Was in 2nd gear yesterday, rolled into the throttle, tires came loose reall easy.....def different than my old stocker, even given the cold/dusty roads.
-As for all this chatter and such, havent heard a peep. Once in a while while starting out in first gear, it shudders a bit, but I believe that is b/c I dont have enuf throttle in it, and it wants to grab but I am not letting it.
-Maybe a few more miles and I will start to get on her, I relaize it says no break-in....but that is just the way I am with things.

Hope this helps anybody that is contimplating a new Tex. When I did call Byunspeed and Textralia with possible issued that turned out to be nothing, they called me back the next day and made me feel way more comfortable. Very helpful.

R
Old 03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The twin discs make a rattle when you push the clutch pedal in. I leave it in neutral at lights so don't have to listen to it. Twin discs have floater plates. I wish text would redesign their clutches like some other companies have to minimize or eliminate floater plate rattle.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the review. My Z-grip is arriving Monday from Byunspeed, so I'm glad to hear about the customer service, also. I will post up a review once I have a few miles on it, but I loved my buddy's when I drove it. I'm hoping mine turns out the same.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice, lets hear back once you have more miles on it =)
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

i just ordered mine just a few min. ago. i just hope it can handle my driving and track use. let us know how you make out when you have some miles on her.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Launching!

UPDATE with 150 miles

Well, been drivin it pretty hard, took it to redline with some road runs today, feels good so far.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Internet Mechanic

Yea, that clutch is amazing, no break in needed. Although I did break mine in lol. Then realized I didnt need to, then I beat the snot out of it!!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

I just installed mine last night. Beat the hell out of it twice with about 5 miles on it with no issues, so the install went well. I'm waiting until the end of the week to do a writeup as I want some more seat time with it to make sure everything is working well, but so far my experience matches up with the OP's to a T.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Ya, it does feel amazing, I think better than the stocker. I look forward to your update as well.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
Ya, it does feel amazing, I think better than the stocker. I look forward to your update as well.
Yeah, it's WAY lighter than my Spec 2, which was way lighter than my Spec 3. It feels close to stock, but still solid enough to know that it's working well. I like it so far, and I don't mind the really hard clutches, either.