Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

pedal question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pedal question

just got the clutch pedal assembly and master installed. ive never seen how these pedals sit so im not sure if somethings wrong. the clutch pedal sits lower than the brake pedal and doesnt seem like it throws very far. it maybe norm. the master rod is extended all the way and mounted right.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

hey i jsut got my pedals and hole drilled how hard was it to get the master cylinder aligned and if the master rod is extended all the way you should be good then
Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

ya its prob fine and not having it bled or connected to anything makes it feel worse. i just wasnt sure. the mounting of the master wasnt toooo bad but wasnt fun either. i didnt bother w/ the u-bolt and just stuck my hand through the steering shaft hole.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Launching!

I adjusted my pedal because it was grabbing very high. After I installed my MC the clutch was probably 2 inches up higher then the brake. When I finished my pedal adjustment it is now even with the brake. Seems just right there.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Schnell
I adjusted my pedal because it was grabbing very high. After I installed my MC the clutch was probably 2 inches up higher then the brake. When I finished my pedal adjustment it is now even with the brake. Seems just right there.

how did you adjust the pedal hight?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Omec
how did you adjust the pedal hight?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/913180-clutch-grabbing-high-pedal-adjustment-without-master-cylinder-adjustment.html
Old 05-02-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats a cool idea ya got there but i got a diff problem. mine only comes out as far as the master rod will let it. its not that its too far out.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Launching!

I just measured the stock master rod and it is 6" to the middle of the eyelet. How long is yours?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Omec
just got the clutch pedal assembly and master installed. ive never seen how these pedals sit so im not sure if somethings wrong. the clutch pedal sits lower than the brake pedal and doesnt seem like it throws very far. it maybe norm. the master rod is extended all the way and mounted right.
I want to know the same thing. I wish someone could give me an answer too. Mine is the same way. I just put my pedals in and mounted the master and my clutch pedal sits about an 1inch to 1\2 inch lower than my brake pedal. the only thing i can think of is that its because the master lines not hooked to the slave yet? Who Knows??

Quick Reply: pedal question