Notices
Marketplace GM Performance Parts and Cars For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

WTB 98-02 Firebird Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) Kit

Wanted

Lights

03-08-2021, 10:11 AM | Replies: 11 | Views: 1778
  • Lights - WTB 98-02 Firebird Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) Kit - New or Used - 1998 to 2002 Pontiac Firebird - Lincoln, NE 68506, United States
Teching In

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Lincoln, NE, 68506, USA
  • Condition New or Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Pontiac Firebird 1998 - 2002
Description:

Looking for the Blackbird Lighting Solutions (BLS) Kit. Used or new, any kit. They don't make them anymore. Will pay anything. I'm not interested in piecing together my own kit, too complicated for me.
https://www.blackbirdlighting.com/98-02.php

Old 03-08-2021, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really was not hard to put together and you save a tone of money.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Black bird lighting isn't making the kit anymore? Was just on there site, shows available yet
Old 03-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan45
Black bird lighting isn't making the kit anymore? Was just on there site, shows available yet
Not for 98-02 Firebirds (at least). The site is just outdated. I've been emailing with Brian and for the past year now he's said they're working on a new LED kit as the old projector is now discontinued. He's a tough guy to get a hold of, and I get the sense it's going to be a long, long time before the new kit is offered (if ever).

Last edited by WS6Mark; 03-09-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

look up late model lighting. I bought their low beam LED kit for my 01 TA but havent had time to install it. Looks very high quality. Guy on youtube put me on to them, in his video he shows some good before and after footage. They claim its a direct fit for the 98-02 firebird, I suppose Ill find out in the next few weeks if they really are a direct fit or not.
The following users liked this post:
ramairjohn2000 (03-12-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I saw those but I’ve done a lot of reading around here and lots of people say to never put LED’s in halogen housings. I think because you blind other drivers and the cut off is bad.

Originally Posted by CaptainThirdGen
look up late model lighting. I bought their low beam LED kit for my 01 TA but havent had time to install it. Looks very high quality. Guy on youtube put me on to them, in his video he shows some good before and after footage. They claim its a direct fit for the 98-02 firebird, I suppose Ill find out in the next few weeks if they really are a direct fit or not.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:35 PM
Teching In

I installed the late model lighting LED in my 02 firebird. Performs very well. Installation with the provided bulbs was a nightmare. I am uploading a youtube video as I type this that shows how to fix the issues. Once you get the correct bulb versus the one they give you, the kit works very well. However at about $200, it isnt cheap. I will be attempting a cheaper, yet very similar custom made LED setup on my other F-car in the future. But I will say this....LED's are the way to go for better visibility at night.
The following users liked this post:
TedsB4Csled2 (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6Mark
Yeah I saw those but I’ve done a lot of reading around here and lots of people say to never put LED’s in halogen housings. I think because you blind other drivers and the cut off is bad.
Here is the link to my review/install video of the LEDs into my firebird:

The whole ordeal cost me a smidge over $200 when it was all said and done.

The idea is very good and the performance is great. I just think for the money late model lighting charges, it should be closer to plug and play than the experience I had with it. I will be trying a similar, but hopefully less invasive and cheaper setup in my other firebird later this year.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one of the few kits made by BLS. The site is still up so I'm hoping they're on hiatus and will start production again.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You can buy the brackets on ebay and the projectors on amazon (and other places).

bracket
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hella-60mm-...4AAOSw3LNagR5F

low beam projector
Amazon Amazon

high beam projector
Amazon Amazon

Alternatives
* LMC Truck Housings with upgraded bulbs or LED
* Different projectors (check the Lighting FAQ... I have Sinolyn Projectors)

Lighting FAQ
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html

Last edited by VIP1; 04-03-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptainThirdGen
Here is the link to my review/install video of the LEDs into my firebird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1i_-ZVPXQ4

The whole ordeal cost me a smidge over $200 when it was all said and done.

The idea is very good and the performance is great. I just think for the money late model lighting charges, it should be closer to plug and play than the experience I had with it. I will be trying a similar, but hopefully less invasive and cheaper setup in my other firebird later this year.
Looks like they shipped the wrong bulb perhaps? The one shown in the video below looks like it would fit better within the bucket.

A few years back I did what @VIP1 suggests and got the brackets, projectors and an HID kit and have been pleased!

Old 04-27-2021, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

He is still in business but just not currently doing the 98-02 f car kits. I just recently purchased some stuff from him. Very good customer service from him. Unfortunately I’m having issues on my end with a few things but communication and support after the sale has been great from BLS.