who is dis? i asked myzstry for a race.

and my camaro is cool for being a slow turdgen

Hehe, me?

Hit me up in the spring, see what we can work out
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
myztery, that bird is SICK! what part of chicago are you from? if ur from the orland park/tinley/mokena area, uve prob seen me cruizin around, 01 black ss with silver hockey stripes and corvette wheels.
Hey, thanks!! Im from Des Plaines, near Ohare airport. Every now and then I head out that way, but usually only with my DD, not the T/A If I head out that way, I'll keep a lookout
Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
Oh and I herd a ton of crap about the hood when I got it but I like it. I remember going to MFBA rental and hearing people talking **** about it, then I started the car and soon after put it on the bumper. Then it was the baddest thing they ever seen lol.
Oh yeah...I hear a lot of crap about my hood and I know I will continue to hear crap too. It doesn't matter what they think though, I love it and that is what matters. Its different, I like it and its really not that hard to see over/around as some people believe.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by Myztery710
Hey, thanks!! Im from Des Plaines, near Ohare airport.
I'm in that area all the time. I've never seen your car. You must not hit up any of the local cruise nites around here. Maybe that's not your thing?

We've got spots for every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm in that area all the time. I've never seen your car. You must not hit up any of the local cruise nites around here. Maybe that's not your thing?

Well keep me posted for this coming year, I'd be up for it! Where are the spots you're talking about? I didn't go on too many cruises this past year. Been a crazy year I occasionally went to Meijers on Fridays and/or Strats Fri/Sat nights. I did have my car out on the weekends a lot, not so much during the week.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Well keep me posted for this coming year, I'd be up for it! Where are the spots you're talking about? I didn't go on too many cruises this past year. Been a crazy year I occasionally went to Meijers on Fridays and/or Strats Fri/Sat nights. I did have my car out on the weekends a lot, not so much during the week.
My group hits Meijer as well, but we're the "second wave", we show up usually after 10pm.

Saturday nite is either Photo's in Mt. Prospect (Wolf & Kensington), or the Mt. Prospect train station (rt83 just north of Central), or McD's (Golf & rt83).

Sunday is Skippers (rt83 just south of Dundee).

I'm never out during the week either. I have a shitty job that keeps me in Gurnee for like 19 hours a day. I'm out every weekend though, with one of my toys. Usually I only drive the '02 Z though. The others are pretty much cemented to my garage floor.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Teching In

My group hits Meijer as well, but we're the "second wave", we show up usually after 10pm.

Saturday nite is either Photo's in Mt. Prospect (Wolf & Kensington), or the Mt. Prospect train station (rt83 just north of Central), or McD's (Golf & rt83).

Sunday is Skippers (rt83 just south of Dundee).

I'm never out during the week either. I have a shitty job that keeps me in Gurnee for like 19 hours a day. I'm out every weekend though, with one of my toys. Usually I only drive the '02 Z though. The others are pretty much cemented to my garage floor.
Oh okay, I usually headed out by around 10PM to other areas. I heard about those Saturday night places, never made it out that way tho. Well not nec. because every once and a while I stopped by the McDonalds on Golf. If you've been around this area a while, you may have seen my car with the old paintjob. 19hrs?! That sucks. Well, I'll keep in mind those areas for this coming year. Or maybe one day I'll run into you on the streets on the weekend
Old 12-31-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha I forgot to subscribe to my own thread. 148 posts and I had no idea. Haha. When the weather gets nice the Chicagoland area will have to converge.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ice78Transam
Haha I forgot to subscribe to my own thread. 148 posts and I had no idea. Haha. When the weather gets nice the Chicagoland area will have to converge.
Was wondering what happened to ya. I def agree with you tho!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

i am up at strats time to time looking to make some easy money.I was up at Meijer as well, but was with the "second wave" showed up after 10pm a few times. I need to get to Photo's never been there yet , same with Skippers.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually started a job a few weeks back right on Devon (next to o'hare). Maybe I'll drive the Z up on a Friday over summer and stay out that way for the night.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
i am up at strats time to time looking to make some easy money.I was up at Meijer as well, but was with the "second wave" showed up after 10pm a few times. I need to get to Photo's never been there yet , same with Skippers.
Photo's and Skippers are very small gatherings (like 12-24 people), nothing at all like Meijer. Photo's used to be HUGE when I first starting going 10 years ago, but shows have a way of dying down over time. Just don't want you to be disappointed. The Mt. Prospect train station is a bigger show, but it's almost exclusively old school cars. Almost nothing in the way of modern muscle.

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
I actually started a job a few weeks back right on Devon (next to o'hare). Maybe I'll drive the Z up on a Friday over summer and stay out that way for the night.
Sounds great to me. I live just north of Devon, but much futher east than O'hare (right by I94). We'll set something up over the summer.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Guys and Gals! Im from Arlington Heights!! Im sure Ill see you on the streets soon!!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
Towards the end of the season, strats became mostly imports and also the race scene died down some there, at least from what I noticed. This year was nothing compared to last year. Some races people tried setting up this year were out-right stupid with the 'conditions' they were asking for. Maybe next year!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Damn Guys and Gals! Im from Arlington Heights!! Im sure Ill see you on the streets soon!!
I know someone else that lives in Arlington Heights, he has a black camaro.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:10 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Towards the end of the season, strats became mostly imports and also the race scene died down some there, at least from what I noticed. This year was nothing compared to last year. Some races people tried setting up this year were out-right stupid with the 'conditions' they were asking for. Maybe next year!
You won't find any races at our hangouts. We have nothing but slow, stock cars. Except SPRAYED01's WS6, he's got a catback so that **** is flyin.

Sean won't race anymore because he's a family man these days. He even wears a skirt now. True story.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

I know someone else that lives in Arlington Heights, he has a black camaro.
LS1 Or LT1??? All my friends I used to ride with either blew up or sold their cars. Always cool to meet new people!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Teching In

You won't find any races at our hangouts. We have nothing but slow, stock cars. Except SPRAYED01's WS6, he's got a catback so that **** is flyin.

Sean won't race anymore because he's a family man these days. He even wears a skirt now. True story.
A Skirt? I don't even want to know...

I remember when Photos was big. I used to go there with my dad from time to time b/c its only 5 or so minutes from me. I drove by the McDonalds meets more often than stopping in there. You may have at least heard me at some point as I was driving by

Originally Posted by AChotrod
LS1 Or LT1??? All my friends I used to ride with either blew up or sold their cars. Always cool to meet new people!
He has an LT1 camaro

Last edited by Myztery710; 12-31-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

I remember when Photos was big. I used to go there with my dad from time to time b/c its only 5 or so minutes from me.
What car did you guys bring, and what years did you used to come? I've been there pretty much every nice Saturday from the spring of 1999 until recently, so I'm sure I was there whenever you were there.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
11 Second Club

What car did you guys bring, and what years did you used to come? I've been there pretty much every nice Saturday from the spring of 1999 until recently, so I'm sure I was there whenever you were there.
You have probably seen me in my old Formulas or my dads Mint 64 Fairlane 500 there a few times

Quick Reply: Any LS1 Ladies from Illinois?