Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue Cruise April 18th

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Yeah, I don't know if Cody has that cam installed yet, so don't hold me to it.

I don't know anyone from IU that has a F-Body. It was just an idea I was throwing out there because a few months ago there was an IU vs PU thread and another Bloomington thread. It was just something, given the time, people at both schools would be able to work out. However, I don't think its going to go this time around, but I agree, if it were going to happen, both parties should meet half way. Anyway, if you greg_74, would like to join us for the cookout or whatever it is we will be doing, feel free to join us. As of right now, its my understanding that we'll be heading south.

Ed
If you guys are going to Indy we could meet up or something but I doubt I'll be coming over to Purdue. I'll watch the thread and see what you guys decide to do.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Teching In

What track you going to? How much?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

I am definitely down for this if we can get it figured out. I posted a link over in the Indy thread. I know a few of the guys up there, and they have some get togethers here and there. Most of them are out cruising the south side every saturday night too. LT1Formula007(James) usually coordinates a lot of this, I am hoping he will chime in.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwester...ay-hi-119.html
Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Teching In

i'm just going to the one in morocco, not too far of a drive at all. test and tune wednesdays. ((us41))
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Teching In

oh and i think it's 25 bucks. i'm 90% sure i'm going, depending on the weather
Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Launching!

sounds fun, too bad i go to purdue calumet.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camarogrl99
i'm just going to the one in morocco, not too far of a drive at all. test and tune wednesdays. ((us41))
how strict are they on test n tune days? and if indy is still and option i know several good meetup/hangout spots and a bunch of nasty ls1 cars just got tuned and back on the road down here
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Teching In

morocco is the same distance from purdue calumet as it is from here!! about 45 minutes. my hometown is hammond.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Teching In

oh, and they're not strict at all...but now i have to see if they're going to be open, because I guess their hours aren't the same right now because it's so early in the season...i'll give you guys a heads up as soon as i know.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98NBM1
sounds fun, too bad i go to purdue calumet.
Just head down 421 and join us!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
JRob, I would be able to set up something at Edwards again if that would be cool with everyone. Just LMK and I can arrange something. Other than that I don't really know of any other place to meet up at. The only thing is we'd have to buy their food and not grill out in the parking lot!
Either way if I can help LMK!

James
As you can see from the quote James can get something together in Indy but its at like a drive in diner place. Plenty of room for cars though and we went on a fun cruise down to the south side last time. If you Purdue guys are interested shoot him a PM or something so we can get this setup.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrob56
As you can see from the quote James can get something together in Indy but its at like a drive in diner place. Plenty of room for cars though and we went on a fun cruise down to the south side last time. If you Purdue guys are interested shoot him a PM or something so we can get this setup.
Ok. I am going to meet with Nate later this week to see what we is going to happen. I will PM you, James and Greg so that you guys can plan if we head your way. I think it could be a fun time as long as no one gets dumb.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Ok. I am going to meet with Nate later this week to see what we is going to happen. I will PM you, James and Greg so that you guys can plan if we head your way. I think it could be a fun time as long as no one gets dumb.
I agree I think it will be a good time and I am sure everyone is responsible enough to keep it within reason
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 AM
10 Second Club

Hey everyone, I'm James and I live In Indy. I am the guy pretty much responsible for 90% of the meets in Indy. So if anyone is interested in coming to Indy and having a NICE place to hang out and maybe a place to eat at the same time, Just LMK! I have access to the Edwards Drive In at any time. I have planned this a few times now and mostly it has been a success. So if the majority votes and the majority would like to come to Indy I can promise to at least 7+ LS1 based vehicles right off the top of my head. But at 1 show we had 29+ cars that I counted. I have pics of it and it was a hit! After the meet we could EASILY make another pass down 65S to Greenwood and even show up to a local carshow that goes on EVERY Saturday night in Greenwood. At any given time there are 100-250 cars at this show! It's pretty Kick ***! Well LMK if I can Help and hope to see some of you guys this summer. I'll be in My Pearl White 98 Z with a 403 LS2 Stroker in it!

James
Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I have said many times before, I am down for whatever the majority decides. Also, my car is just bolt-ons right now. I plan on doing a mid-sized cam near the end of this summer. I plan for the car to run mid 12's bolt on and low 12's with cam. I like the fact that there is a lot more activity in this new thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cvaught
As I have said many times before, I am down for whatever the majority decides. Also, my car is just bolt-ons right now. I plan on doing a mid-sized cam near the end of this summer. I plan for the car to run mid 12's bolt on and low 12's with cam. I like the fact that there is a lot more activity in this new thread.
Well if you need some help with a cam swap we have enough people in our group that you could be up and running in a weekend!
Good Luck man!
And BTW, low to mid 12's with Bolt-ons is not hard to do. Put a cam in the mix, and low low 12's or high 11's will be Very Possible!
Hope to see everyone, But if not I understand and Hope EVERYONE has a good time. Hell isn't this what it's all about!

James
Old 03-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Teching In

cody buy my tr230, 175 bucks for u man! and james everyone knows that ur car is slow! lol but if we do go to lafayette i know my way around and all the good spots to run.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Hey everyone, I'm James and I live In Indy. I am the guy pretty much responsible for 90% of the meets in Indy. So if anyone is interested in coming to Indy and having a NICE place to hang out and maybe a place to eat at the same time, Just LMK! I have access to the Edwards Drive In at any time. I have planned this a few times now and mostly it has been a success. So if the majority votes and the majority would like to come to Indy I can promise to at least 7+ LS1 based vehicles right off the top of my head. But at 1 show we had 29+ cars that I counted. I have pics of it and it was a hit! After the meet we could EASILY make another pass down 65S to Greenwood and even show up to a local carshow that goes on EVERY Saturday night in Greenwood. At any given time there are 100-250 cars at this show! It's pretty Kick ***! Well LMK if I can Help and hope to see some of you guys this summer. I'll be in My Pearl White 98 Z with a 403 LS2 Stroker in it!

James
That sounds like a good idea if thats what the Purdue guys decide on.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spray_goat
cody buy my tr230, 175 bucks for u man! and james everyone knows that ur car is slow! lol but if we do go to lafayette i know my way around and all the good spots to run.
What are the specs on youtr tr230? I actually have collected everything for the cam swap except for the cam and gasket kit. I would love to be able to meet up with you guys for a weekedn or so and everyone lend a hand in putting in my cam. I was just going to pay someone to do it but I don't have the money and I would rather learn how to do it. I appreciate the help!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Teching In

230/224 575 563 ona 111 yea i wouldnt have a problem helpin you out and i have all the special tools the swap requires too. Moddin your own car is the way to go this way u can save that money for a tune

Quick Reply: Purdue Cruise April 18th