Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue Cruise April 18th

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, sounds like some top down weather (finally got my Purdue plates on the car today, so now it is a legal ride)
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder who is the fastest

it has got to be

Nate
Aaron
or Lucas - but he is on a bike so that might be cheating
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Teching In

LOL

Those are pretty big words. I'm pretty sure I won't have the fastest car....
By the looks of things it looks like we will have a LOT of horsepower show up!!!

I got my car out for a spin this afternoon, took a drive around campus. I should have had some fliers. I bet I saw a 5-6 f-body's. Also so a black w/ black tinted ws6 factory rims on 52 this afternoon.

UPDATE:
I remembered a great spot for some video action. If you go north of 25 on 52 just past jiffy lube and under the rail road there is an exit on the right. All it does is a big loop under 52 and back on the other side. I figured we'd pull off, and I would go down under 52 and film as the crew drives under the road. It'll sound great and should have a great view.

On a side note. I drove through Raisors today: They have a 98 vette with a worked ls6, (VERY VERY FAST, yet very tame, sleeper.....), 00 stock formula w/ ram air, and a 97 ws6 w/ ram air that has been worked as well. All pretty clean, all red, (vette is drop top), and all auto, if anyone is looking.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

My car is up for sale too. I am looking at getting a newer Z06 but dont have anymore room in the driveway. We already have 4 vehicles..let's say our auto insurance agency loves us

Originally Posted by nhedrick007
LOL

Those are pretty big words. I'm pretty sure I won't have the fastest car....
By the looks of things it looks like we will have a LOT of horsepower show up!!!

I got my car out for a spin this afternoon, took a drive around campus. I should have had some fliers. I bet I saw a 5-6 f-body's. Also so a black w/ black tinted ws6 factory rims on 52 this afternoon.

UPDATE:
I remembered a great spot for some video action. If you go north of 25 on 52 just past jiffy lube and under the rail road there is an exit on the right. All it does is a big loop under 52 and back on the other side. I figured we'd pull off, and I would go down under 52 and film as the crew drives under the road. It'll sound great and should have a great view.

On a side note. I drove through Raisors today: They have a 98 vette with a worked ls6, (VERY VERY FAST, yet very tame, sleeper.....), 00 stock formula w/ ram air, and a 97 ws6 w/ ram air that has been worked as well. All pretty clean, all red, (vette is drop top), and all auto, if anyone is looking.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Formula WS6... those cars have a special place in my heart.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThumperNC24
I wonder who is the fastest

it has got to be

Nate
Aaron
or Lucas - but he is on a bike so that might be cheating
Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think nate and lucas will be a pretty close match but forced induction should just absolutely take either one especially from a roll. I know a procharged ls1 back at home w/ just a catback made about 500 rwhp even with stock air filter
Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, but nates car is also probably the lightest

aaron is still probably the fastest if he can put that power down.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Teching In

what kind time those guys put down are they running in the tens?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Teching In

my name brian how many cars u guys got i might have a few with me dont have any pic but my car is plain silver 98 camaro on a mt 295 dr cam dump ex u will here it just sounds fast
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

So who is this Nate. Sounds like he has a pretty quick car. I'm sure we can mess around a little on the highway..
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Launching!

I forsee some potential moving violations on the 18th
Old 04-10-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcGHDzQhnqM

That is Nate's car.

I hope we don't get into an issue here seeing how big each others car ***** is - some of you have big ones, we know it already. If I get a ticket by association, I'm gonna be pissed. We have a lot of people going on this, so the attention will already be high. If you are looking at this cruise as a chance to do a lot of dumb ****, then I encourage you do find something else to do on the 18th.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcGHDzQhnqM

That is Nate's car.

I hope we don't get into an issue here seeing how big each others car ***** is - some of you have big ones, we know it already. If I get a ticket by association, I'm gonna be pissed. We have a lot of people going on this, so the attention will already be high. If you are looking at this cruise as a chance to do a lot of dumb ****, then I encourage you do find something else to do on the 18th.
Agreed, I have a clean driving record and dont want to get caught up in things.
btw, Nate if you are reading this, your car sounds really freaking awsome
Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, obviously everyone is going to have to be smart. No burnouts, no traffic holeshots, nothing stupid. I can't afford a ticket guys
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Launching!

LOL traffic holeshots.. I remember those good ol days
Old 04-10-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redlineracing
Yes, obviously everyone is going to have to be smart. No burnouts, no traffic holeshots, nothing stupid. I can't afford a ticket guys
I also cannot afford a ticket, plus messing around in traffic is just really really dumb to begin with.

Also, I was just bantering

I know my car is not the fastest and I wasn't looking to make anyone prove anything.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys.

I am still passing out fliers, and I didn't want a fresh face coming to this thread and being intimidated.

I'm really excited for this cruise. Hope the rain stays away.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Teching In

i was just asking what kind of power every one makeing i would rather race at the track is any one going to 41 on the 19th
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Hey fella's

Glad to see everyone is getting excited about the cruise. Like everyone else, I will probably stay pretty low key. However, I'm sure there will be a few cracks of the throttle. We'll have a good time, but not get stupid. It's not like there will be a LOT of room to get crazy anyway. I'm actually trying to figure out how to keep everyone together through town. This could be a challenge. Just know that we'll probably take it pretty slow on 52. Partially to make sure we hit the lights right, and also cause it's a little rough. I think maybe we'll hand out a couple cell numbers in case a couple people get hung up, or something happens, (flat tire, overheat, etc...???)

Can anyone think of any other challenges, that might throw monkey wrenches in the cruise. I'm not looking to make it textbook, and on a timeline, just trying to make it easy for everyone to stick together, and somewhat know whats going on when we all turn, or pull over for pics/video.

I think it's pretty obvious where the next get together will take place.
41 or Indy....
If that's the case, anyone have a car hauler we can take to possibly bring back any fallen/broken soldiers? It'll happen....

Nate

Quick Reply: Purdue Cruise April 18th