Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

2009 Car Show for MDA

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Car Show for MDA

As many people here know I host a car show every year in central Illinois to help raise money for the Muscular Dystrphy Association, I was born with CMT, one of over 40 types of MD and I personally know the effects this disease has on those with it. I was able to enjoy summer camp for many years and it was a great expierence. This show serves many purposes, to inform people about MD, to help raise money to send more children to camp, and also to help fight this disease. One day I hope there is no need for a summer camp, not because it isnt great but because there are no longer any children with MD.

This show is my way to give back to an organization that has given so much to me, a way to tie my love and passion in with my friends and help out this cause. So I can hope my children will not have to go through the things I have and also to give hope to all those other people out there who wish the same thing for their children and loved ones.

There will be information about hotel discounts and the after party later. If I get enough fbody pre-registrations I will definitely make a class or two for fbodys. I hope to see alot of you there!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

I'm about 2 hours away, but if it is a good show I'm in.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

last year we had 100 cars registered plus tons of extras just hanging out. a ton of fbodys. where are you located? if in the chicago area, im sure there will be a caravan. we try to get together and do stuff after the show as well and a lot of people stay in the hotel i get a discount with. lots of options....

last year there were 88 trophies given total. 1st place trophies are about 2.5ft tall and best of shows are about 6ft. tons of give aways and this year we plan for some bigger better things. feel free to pm me if you have any questions about anything
Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28camarocarri
last year we had 100 cars registered plus tons of extras just hanging out. a ton of fbodys. where are you located? if in the chicago area, im sure there will be a caravan. we try to get together and do stuff after the show as well and a lot of people stay in the hotel i get a discount with. lots of options....

last year there were 88 trophies given total. 1st place trophies are about 2.5ft tall and best of shows are about 6ft. tons of give aways and this year we plan for some bigger better things. feel free to pm me if you have any questions about anything
Sounds like a good time. You can add my name to the list

I am from Crown Point, Indiana.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Carri, how's it goin'? I'll be there, I'll enter both cars. Do you guys still need sponsorship help? I just got out of the hospital again, so I haven't been at work much, but if you need help I'll see what I can do.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

We have a couple people coming from Indiana as well redline.

Sam! Man i tried calling you about a week ago after i read a message on CSS. How are you holding up? I will shoot you the sponsorship info again for this year. Thatd be awesome for a lil help I appreciate everything you do to help with this event. And if you need a ride to go get the 2nd car, you know i got ya.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I'm recovering, slowly. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Did you call my cell? Or my business line? I don't remember seeing your number.

Anyway, yeah, get me the info, I'll see what I can do.

You should try to get a burnout contest going too! I know the property manager at country fair, he might be game. I'd find some tires just to destroy on the camaro.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

we talked to him about doing one last year. he says he feels that there are to many poles/curbs etc that hed hate to see someone mess up their car if they didnt know what they are doing. plus obviously our lot insurance wouldnt cover if something happened.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Teching In

I'll b there.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Launching!

ill be there again this year, im going for another win
Old 03-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

anyone who wants to pre-register thatd be great. If I can get enough to get a class going for fbodies (or multiple classes) I will.

Cant wait to see you guys there.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

I will be there for sure. Doubt I will be in the car but most likely on the bike. What the hell happened to you Sam? and if it rains this year.......
Old 03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CNTLSE 1
I will be there for sure. Doubt I will be in the car but most likely on the bike. What the hell happened to you Sam? and if it rains this year.......
I have stage 4 metastatic renal cell carcinoma. In basic terms, its cancer. A very aggressive cancer that is unharmed by chemo/radiation, so when I get a tumor they have to remove it and the organ its on surgically. I had most of my right lung removed, so since they spread my ribs I'm sore. Being older and overweight doesn't help matters.

How have you been? Still got the TA? Anything new with it?
Old 03-28-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

well that def. sucks man. good luck to you. Yeah I still have it. don't think anything is new with it. I put it up in sept. has not been out since. I have spent all winter doing my bike so I may just show it this year. let me know if you need anything
Old 04-05-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

got some progress pics of the bike. it still needs clearcoated and I took this with my phone so not too awesome.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...0404091317.jpg
Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Great things coming in for this show! About another month and a half.

If you need hotel info we have booked discounts with Microtel Inn on Olympian Drive in Champaign. Use code NCTC when registering.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

11 days guys!!!!

Things are falling in place day by day. Huge sponsors coming through and we just got word of a stereo and speakers being donated to us as raffles. Also the trophies will be delivered on the 15th. Our DJ is staying with us for 2 weeks. We have a food vendor coming out. We have vendors setting up tables/booths etc. This is going to be big. We are blocking off the WHOLE lot this year. Spread the word, bring your friends!

If you have questions please ask!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Bump
Old 06-14-2009, 09:09 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Awesome Carrie! I am going to try and make it. I start radiation monday (cancer spread to the brain now) and every day thereafter, and they say it can kick your *** pretty good. We'll see. I think I'll at least bring the "new" car, gonna try to take the black car back to the track Sunday.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Sam Im sorry to hear that man. If there is ANYTHING I can do please let me know. I do mean anything. I hope you feel up to coming but if not, I can understand.

Quick Reply: 2009 Car Show for MDA