Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

WTF!!! If true GM is on some Bullshit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default WTF!!! If true GM is on some Bullshit!!!

If true Pontiac will join, Heath Ledger, Ana Nicole Smith, Paul Newman, Ricardo Montolban, George Carlin, Ertha Kitt, Rod Blagoievich's chance as governor again!!! WTF!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124060030328753755.html
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they've been talking about that for a while now. It sucks but I completely understand why. If you were losing billions on a company would you just keep pumping money into it just b/c it was "Pontiac"? They may even bring it back when the recession "Depression" lol is over. I wouldnt mind having a new transam, the concepts were pretty badass.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chevy > pontiac

hehe

that's for you zeke.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nd4spd22
If you were losing billions on a company would you just keep pumping money into it just b/c it was "Pontiac"?
Do you have any references for these numbers?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

read that article... (GM Keeps asking for more Billions) and they need to cut the fat... well lets see.. If you need to get rid of a company, generally you would ax the biggest loser in profits. That is my reference... didnt know we were going to get all technical.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

I just am sick of the rumors. GM is losing billions, not Pontiac. Pontiac is the 3rd best selling brand GM has.

It seems common sense to me that if someone is going to post "factual" information, then they should have the means necessary to back that data up. If they can't, they are lying and contributing to nothing.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

I didnt start the thread... I just posted my thoughts, based on the information in the article. Haha it makes me laugh how ignorant your views are. "if they dont have proof that its a fact, they are lying" hahaha
Old 04-26-2009, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

I didnt start the thread... I just posted my thoughts, based on the information in the article. Haha it makes me laugh how ignorant your views are. "if they dont have proof that its a fact, they are lying" hahaha
I guess the wall street journal isin't good enough for the hoosier!
Here it is in black and white from WSJ...
"During its heyday three decades ago, Pontiac was the launching ground for young auto designers and executives including John DeLorean. But its sales have tumbled 70% since their peak in 1978, and the unit in recent years has been a steady money loser.

GM has more than three months' supply of Pontiacs on dealer lots, according to Edmunds.com. Last month, the average Pontiac sold for 22% off the sticker price, compared with ...

Now what!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by litle88
"During its heyday three decades ago, Pontiac was the launching ground for young auto designers and executives including John DeLorean. But its sales have tumbled 70% since their peak in 1978, and the unit in recent years has been a steady money loser.

GM has more than three months' supply of Pontiacs on dealer lots, according to Edmunds.com. Last month, the average Pontiac sold for 22% off the sticker price, compared with ...

Now what!

I'm not going to get into a pissy match with either one of you. A wrongful amount was made, he couldn't prove it with any fact, and now I'm the idiot.

The WSJ is NOT a reliable nor CREDIBLE source. They have been called out on many issues multiple times. There is NO NAMING OF ANY SOURCES IN THEIR ARTICLE. Have any of you actually read the full article, or are you just making assumptions based on the teaser?

Here is the response I RECIEVED FROM GM/PONTIAC:

FOR RELEASE: 2009-04-24

Pontiac Statement Re: Media Speculation

Contrary to media speculation, General Motors has not announced any changes to its long-term viability plan or to the future status of any of its brands. GM is continuing to review its restructuring plan to go further and faster and best ensure its future success. Additional information will be released as any decisions are finalized.

There you have it. Does it sound promising? No. But has anything been announced from the source? No. Thats all I'm trying to get at. You both are buying into speculations and assumptions.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

And here is another source:

GM received news this week that it would get another 2 billion dollars in loans from the US government to help it stay afloat until the deadline. The new infusion brings to 15.4 billion dollars its debt to the US government since December.

GM faces bankruptcy after June 1 if the government's auto task force believes it has not become lean enough to survive.

Reacting to reports that GM was going to kill off Pontiac, GM posted a statement on its website to dispute 'media speculation' on the topic and say it was still reviewing its plan to ensure success.

'General Motors has not announced any changes to its long-term viability plan or to the future status of any of its brands,' the company said.

Read more: "GM says Pontiac not gone yet; gets another 2 billion dollars - Monsters and Critics" - http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...xzz0Dp7qLmRG&A
Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

THAT'S WHY MY THREAD STATES "if true" genious!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Now what!
But where are your facts Zeke? What are your sources? where is your information coming from?

BTW my dick is bigger Do you want the facts?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

THAT'S WHY MY THREAD STATES "if true" genious!

Then you contradicted yourself by stating that WSJ is a credible source. A credible source doesn't post rumors. You are right, right there at the top of the page, you say "if true."

I whole heartily agree with you, as per my first post in this thread. Genius!

Edit: My apologies- 2nd post.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

But where are your facts Zeke? What are your sources? where is your information coming from?

Congratulations.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

These emotional Hoosiers kill me!
Your Dick is not big, frickin liar! Where are YOUR sources?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

There is nothing emotional about it; just looking for facts. Since this has turned perverse and off subject, I'll let you both have your thread back.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow. I'm going to take the part of Obama here and apologize on behalf of Little88 and BlackFormula so we can, once again, flourish this community with peace and prosperity.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

haha yea I know

These emotional Hoosiers kill me!
Your Dick is not big, frickin liar! Where are YOUR sources?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
8 Second Club

reading this reminds me of the movie "Friday After Next" when Willie (Ice Cube's dad) said "my dick is bigger than yours" and his brother said "it was cold that night" LOL
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

buncha babies

Quick Reply: WTF!!! If true GM is on some Bullshit!!!