Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

High Rolling Chicago Neighborhoods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the original stories i heard about the house was that it was being built buy a guy who was in his high 20's young 30's, was some sort of broker, and was going to move in with his parents. supposedly was having a bowling alley, a pool, and a nightclub in the basement. i'll go get a few pics of the back side of the house today.
edit: the house was started like 5 years ago and basically hasn't made any progress in like 2 years. now they have a sale sign out front but you have to call and talk to the realitor to get any info on price.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That wouldn't happen to be the Millenium house or something like that would it?

Barrington and it's little branches of barrington ( South Barrington, Barrington Hills Etc.) have some ove the largest house I've ever seen in IL. Kenilworth also has some real monsters.

I can't say it's a fact but I heard there is part of Barrington where you can't build a home there unless some part of your house is structurally unique. One guys house has a parking garage under his house.

We use to cruise around and drive through Kenilworth just to take in the sights of some of the houses.

~Jim~
Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

not sure the name of the house. it looked like their might have been people there working but i didn't actually see anybody. wish i would have, i would have tried to go inside.
heres a couple of the back, well part of the back. i couldn't get around to the far right which is where the garages are.

and the front of the house today.

a google earth view from top so you can see it all. the whole right wing is where the garages are.

and here are some links to the first house i was talking about with the 20 car garage underneath. the entrance to the garage is on the southwest corner
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i.../untitled1.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...31100/1015.jpg
Old 06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

There are really nice houses all over. Oak Brook has some really nice properties.
Down by us is some nice stuff also, Will county still has some big lots if you go out a ways.
Plus most outer areas we can still build a big shop.
We've had a couple of 3+ acre lots & made some dough before all hell broke loose.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

the one girl i know that lives in the 12,000sq ft house, well her dad is surgeon and the other one with a basketball court in the basement trades stocks downtown for himself. Some pro athletes don't even have houses this big my cousins neighbor is Matt Forte and his house is nice but nothing special.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

i know where jim thome and eddie currie live and yea, they don't live in anything that stands out from the rest of the houses on the block. although, the first time i saw eddie curry's house he did have close to a million dollars worth of cars sitting outside in the rain, and he has atleast a 3 car garage. i think his wife still lives there while he's out in new york playing.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 AM

that huge house was being built by the guy that owned "freedom" mortgage. You know all the commercials on the radio you used to hear?

I don't think hes in jail but he went bankrupt.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lake Bluff's got some sick *** houses......
Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Motorboater

Huge houses are not as impressive to me if they are built in the middle of nowhere like some of the places a few of you guys have mentioned. Having a XXX square foot house in Mokena vs the same XXX square foot house in Kenilworth..know what I mean. Takes alot more success and money to build in an expensive neighborhood rather than a cornfield.

Kenilworth, winnetka, lake forest, lake bluff, etc,etc are fun to drive through and see the houses, they are beautiful.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Kenilworth is the richest town in IL (most money per resident). The homes are, well, amazing. One drive along Sheridan Rd through this town will leave a lasting impression.

Lincolnwood Towers is also a VERY nice area. It's no Kenilworth, but here are some pics:
Kenilworth has one of the highest average real estate values nationally IIRC, not just in Illinois. And yes, I do agree about the Sheridan Rd drive, though I used to make that trip for the spirited driving through the undulating hairpins.

I live across the street of "The Lincolnwood Towers" (on the non-glamorous side of Pratt) and take the young ones in the family to check out their elaborate Christmas decorations on occasion. I intend to take out a second mortgage and copy one of their designs!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

river forest has some nice ones
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Yea, until you try pulling in with your 48' stacker.

I would rather have my 4 acres with a bigger house, brand new than some 100 year old with outdated systems,
that both cost the same money.
Plus who the hell with a business or race car wants to live where it takes forever to move around.
Houses stacked so close together & the crappy run down neighborhood 5 minutes away.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

If you want to see some sick new construction, drive down Burling on the North side, the Pritzkers or someone is building a new giant house, they combined four lots.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

me and my buddy were cruising around and saw that huuuugeee house.. that thing is ridiculous but youre right i havent seen any progress on it
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

like pro stock john said.. lincoln park, east of halsted, between armitage and north.. some of these houses sit on 3 or 4 lots, prob just a couple mill in property alone.. and lots of areas in dupage have big money houses.. i know a couple years ago(this may still be) dupage was the 2nd richest county in the nation behind i believe orange in ca
Old 06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

I would rather have my 4 acres with a bigger house, brand new than some 100 year old with outdated systems,
Plus who the hell with a business or race car wants to live where it takes forever to move around.
Houses stacked so close together & the crappy run down neighborhood 5 minutes away.
That's How Beverly Is. If you drive east past Ashland, it gets pretty rough.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
If you want to see some sick new construction, drive down Burling on the North side.

So when are you moving in?

Originally Posted by 99FBODY
the one girl i know that lives in the 12,000sq ft house, well her dad is surgeon and the other one with a basketball court in the basement trades stocks downtown for himself. Some pro athletes don't even have houses this big my cousins neighbor is Matt Forte and his house is nice but nothing special.
I could never see the logic in buying a huge house when you don't have a family. I wouldn't go out and buy a 5+ Bedroom house if I'm single with no kids, but I guess that's because I'm not making $600,000+/year like the guys up by New Trier. I've read that the women only average around $60k, so those are some serious sugar-daddies.

Athletes are in a different category I think.
They have all those parties and stuff I guess.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

Hype Park has some nice looking homes. As stated in this thread already Beverly on the southside has some nice looking homes also.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

Yea, until you try pulling in with your 48' stacker.

what does that have to do with what I said?? hello tangent.

there are pros and cons to everything. yeah you can buy in the sticks in new communities and get a big house for "cheap". which is great until you get the tax bill..someone has to pay for the new schools, firestation, police station, etc,etc being built as the community starts to get settled in.

yes i get annoyed living in close quarters chicago suburbia, but when i go visit people i know that live 45 minutes west of me in places like Huntley and I get stuck behind a combine doing 15 MPH for 10 miles..I'll take the close quarters.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Launching!

The biggest houses i have seen are in orland park...McCarthey and wolf road. They are huge!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

1st, ghost, no idea who you are. My statement was a general reply to the houses in the city.
Completely following the thread, adding a thought about racers & business owners.
I could not even imagine moving a 48 footer around. Especially some of the areas up north,
hell you can barely get around in an F-body.

Plus cheap houses in the sticks?? I would not consider 1.2 million cheap.
Especially when it's coming out of your account. Yes, our taxes are more per year than my parents house cost in 1975.
It is bigger than their lot, so you consider that before building it.

I'm from the city, where I grew up, you couldn't fit a snowmobile trailer in there to save your life.
I could reach out my window & touch the house next door. Where do the racers keep their stuff.
I couldn't sleep with my stuff sitting in some storage yard with god knows who walking around.

As mentioned, to each their own. Nothing against anyone or what they prefer.
Well except the nuts that pay $999,999 to buy a frigging studio condo because it has a fancy name & address.
I don't give a damn if oprah lives above me. A million dollars for 1 room is asinine!!!

Those houses in Orland are kick *** in that sub-division.
One guy even has a revolving roof with a giant *** telescope in the attic.
My company did a bunch of work in that sub-division. There was some frigging bad *** toys in the garages.

Sorry for going long, I was only trying to point out something.

Quick Reply: High Rolling Chicago Neighborhoods.