Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

High Rolling Chicago Neighborhoods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wilmette is pretty snazzy. South Barrington takes the cake out in the burbs though
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you should have checked out un incorporated st charles too.

lots of areas already covered in the thread !
Old 06-14-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AMitc31100
the original stories i heard about the house was that it was being built buy a guy who was in his high 20's young 30's, was some sort of broker, and was going to move in with his parents. supposedly was having a bowling alley, a pool, and a nightclub in the basement. i'll go get a few pics of the back side of the house today.
edit: the house was started like 5 years ago and basically hasn't made any progress in like 2 years. now they have a sale sign out front but you have to call and talk to the realitor to get any info on price.

owned by the tata family, actually the parents are in dubai that belongs to one of the sons. they own the property that woodfield mall falls on, along with pretty much the whole stretch of golf road in schaumburg. they are also involved in many other types of business. the stone was imported from dubai to build it. it will be the biggest home in burr ridge when done, current biggest belongs to a really cool guy
Old 06-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
it will be the biggest home in burr ridge when done, current biggest belongs to a really cool guy
Is he at all opposed to throwing a house party for all the Chicago residents on Tech?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr CHI
Well, I Took A Drive on Sunday To Sight-See Some Of My Great City.

As some of you know, we have some pretty ritzy areas in Chicagoland. I drove up to Elgin and cruised around the Streamwood Area and my jaw stayed on the floor. The size of some of those houses were ridiculous. The only other area I could think of that came close was Palos Hills/Park. Maybe Winnetka..

So, I'd like to know which areas you guys think are the best/ritziest. I'm sure you guys even know people from some good areas and can share some funny/interesting info. I'll Add A Poll Later

whats up Dog
Hands down to Hinsdale....also oak brook "if u know the right spots" as well as Oak Park and Riverside. But there is some sickass houses in Oak Lawn that i see time to time.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEEDYTRANSAM1996
whats up Dog
Hands down to Hinsdale....also oak brook "if u know the right spots" as well as Oak Park and Riverside. But there is some sickass houses in Oak Lawn that i see time to time.
Gotta love Oaklawn
Old 06-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
owned by the tata family, actually the parents are in dubai that belongs to one of the sons. they own the property that woodfield mall falls on, along with pretty much the whole stretch of golf road in schaumburg. they are also involved in many other types of business. the stone was imported from dubai to build it. it will be the biggest home in burr ridge when done, current biggest belongs to a really cool guy
why would they build a house like that in such an area? yes it's in BurrRidge, but like 5 blocks down the road is hinsdale lake terrace which is almost nothing but section 8 housing with robberies and burglaries happening pretty regularly.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Teching In

That BIG house was in the Chicagotribune about a year and half ago. Im looking for the article but it was a dude in his late 20's that owned Freedom Mort. He had a wing being built for his parents and went bankrupt. EDIT: Here http://www.homesoftherich.net/2009/0...ion-under.html

I drive around chicago for a living and know where a TON of huuuuuge houses are. I know of 2 in Burr ridge that are shells only and have been that way for about 4 years, asking price? Over 2 million each. It would take another 1-3 million to finish them.

Naperville guys could post some of the houses on Hobson ave just east of downtown naps. I think a few of them are 20-30,000 sq feet.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Originally Posted by SilverGhost

yes i get annoyed living in close quarters chicago suburbia, but when i go visit people i know that live 45 minutes west of me in places like Huntley and I get stuck behind a combine doing 15 MPH for 10 miles..I'll take the close quarters.

I stuck my ***** in a cow once in Huntley. I LOVE doing that.

Last edited by SilverGhost; 06-15-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
I stuck my ***** in a cow once in Huntley. I LOVE doing that.

Andy you are such a sick bastard.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AMitc31100
why would they build a house like that in such an area? yes it's in BurrRidge, but like 5 blocks down the road is hinsdale lake terrace which is almost nothing but section 8 housing with robberies and burglaries happening pretty regularly.
u cant get away from the ********* in this part of the state
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chevyweatherman
i stuck my ***** in a cow once in huntley. I love doing that.

lol!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
you should have checked out un incorporated st charles too.

lots of areas already covered in the thread !
werd

Quick Reply: High Rolling Chicago Neighborhoods.