Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Why Are There So Many State Troopers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why Are There So Many State Troopers?

I'm unsure if I'm just now starting to pay attention, but it seems like police are really getting on it with traffic tickets. I see see State Troopers pulled over ticketing at least 5 cars cars every day when I'm going to work. I have a general sense of..well, not "hate", but I just really don't care for Police in general as I've never seen them do any good(that's just Me). But sitting on the side of the road with a gun out the window? That's pathetic police work in my opinion. There are robbers, killers, drug-dealers, etc in the street and they sit in the median for 8 hours waiting for someone to do 5-10 over.

It's aggravating because they seem to stalk drivers, even when they're not doing anything wrong. I've never seen cops do that before. I had one follow me for 2 miles, and when I went to exit the highway he cut his lights on and pulled me over. He told me, "You didn't see me pulled over back there? You know you're supposed to change lanes for an emergency vehicle right?" I looked him in the eye and said "You're lying, you weren't pulled over, you've been following me for over 2 miles and you're looking for an excuse to write a ticket". He called another squad car and they had a field day with me(going through the car, tried to give me a sobriety test, all kinds of threats) I see them do this to other cars as well and it makes me very upset.

Is there a reason that cops are cracking down with these tickets or am I just now seeing something that's always been going on?

My buddy says they're trying to get money for the Olympics.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't know about your state, but here in California, we're broke.

I was in court last week and the judge told everyone in the courtroom that CHP will really be in force now, and very few tickets are going to be thrown out. The state needs money, and this is why they are out in force. Same with Parking tickets, most cities are having budget issues.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry you got hassled by the cops, **** I think we all get the short end of the stick driving the cars we drive.

But you have to remember that State Troopers only really enforce the highway and unincorporated areas.

Thats why they're called interstate pace cars.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV

I was in court last week and the judge told everyone in the courtroom that CHP will really be in force now, and very few tickets are going to be thrown out. The state needs money, and this is why they are out in force. Same with Parking tickets, most cities are having budget issues.

I miss LA. But, on a lighter note, it doesn't help that this is one of the most corrupt states in the country. We're always looking for money, broke or not.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cops do good things period end of story.

but the fact that this dudes car is hidden behind the bridge, hes out of the car under the bridge with the gun far from the car, and FOUR cars are waiting on the onramp going that direction. come on now (on my way to EIU)
Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gt35built
cops do good things period end of story.

but the fact that this dudes car is hidden behind the bridge, hes out of the car under the bridge with the gun far from the car, and FOUR cars are waiting on the onramp going that direction. come on now (on my way to EIU)

That's my feeling too. I figure if I'm not paying attention and a cop is able to get behind me and pace me, then I deserve that ticket.

On the other hand, here in LA, they are now using hand held laser radar units that an officer can stand behind a bush or sign and have other units waiting for you up the road. To me that is BS.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV

so much for the whole "tickets are not for generating revenue, they are for safety" claims
Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Its all BS! Im really beginning to hate the government!!!!!!!!!