Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

ANYONE cruise near bradley/bourbonnais/manteno area

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE cruise near bradley/bourbonnais/manteno area

hey guys. when i'm outta this sling i was wondering if there is anyone that cruises around in this area. i know i can't be the only one!!! i really don't enjoy driving 1 to 2 hours just to cruise with some guys. at least if i'm going to go that far i should be rolling deep with 5 or 6 of us.. haha.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

i was at morris last weekend and saw some old co workers who are from this area and they said the first or second wednesday of the month (i can't remember) there is a gathering at the depot in kankakee.They also said that last month there were about 120 car's, i thought that was great for this area.I would be up for some local cruising if you wouldn't mind cruising with one of these.

ANYONE cruise near bradley/bourbonnais/manteno area-5-11-09-006.jpg
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

no i don't mind man.. cruising is cruising.. i have a passion for all cars no matter what it is.

i used to have a 90 notch back. so its all good

keep in touch , we need to find out when the local cruise is for sure!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

scrambler man, rippinz, and a few others that i dont know...theres quite a few out in manteno
Old 08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Teching In

It is the first wednesday of the month they have a website i just looked at it's called wednesday wheels in kankakee.If you go to the site and look at the best of show winner for the month of july that is one of the guy's i used to work with's car.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

so you guys are out there..lol i absolutly never see anyone cruising in their rides. especially on the friday and sat nights. figure you guys would be out sometime!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill come out and curisethis weekend.........if you help put my car together and make strait line to tune it friday...lol
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Yea im here in bourbonnais. I've got the black z28 with the unpainted cowl hood. My buddy nick just got his blue c5 up and running again. Andrew runs around a lil bit he's got the red z28 with a black hood.

Yea i haven't done hardly anything car related this summer. I've put maybe 600 miles on the car this year lol.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BadBandit69
Yea im here in bourbonnais. I've got the black z28 with the unpainted cowl hood. My buddy nick just got his blue c5 up and running again. Andrew runs around a lil bit he's got the red z28 with a black hood.

Yea i haven't done hardly anything car related this summer. I've put maybe 600 miles on the car this year lol.
is your cowl hood pretty large??? i think i seen you once. i was in manteno talking with a guy with a supercharged rousch mustang that i just got done racing. "yes i won" .lol I was parked at i believe an ace hardware and i seen you headed southbound on route 50...

you?? if so your car looked bad ***!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by c5andtyphoon
is your cowl hood pretty large??? i think i seen you once. i was in manteno talking with a guy with a supercharged rousch mustang that i just got done racing. "yes i won" .lol I was parked at i believe an ace hardware and i seen you headed southbound on route 50...

you?? if so your car looked bad ***!
My cowl is only like 2". But it could have been me i sometimes will cruise through manteno.

I was at the little car show at steak N shake tonight didn't see you there. The guy above with the blue mach one was there. Didn't get to say hi as I didn't know who was with the car. Had a set of drag radials on it I think.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

i didn't know anything about something happening at steak and shake.

but i can't drive right now anyways. i had shoulder surgery a week ago. and i'm down for about a month. once i get all good i'll be out and about!!

have you seen my buddies black z28 in town? magnaflow exhaust wiend intake? nitrous..
Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by c5andtyphoon
i didn't know anything about something happening at steak and shake.

but i can't drive right now anyways. i had shoulder surgery a week ago. and i'm down for about a month. once i get all good i'll be out and about!!

have you seen my buddies black z28 in town? magnaflow exhaust wiend intake? nitrous..
Nope havn't seen it. Thought i was the only one with a black z28 ls1 camaro in town lol.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Mine is for sale... but I'll cruise it until its gone.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

My cowl is only like 2". But it could have been me i sometimes will cruise through manteno.

I was at the little car show at steak N shake tonight didn't see you there. The guy above with the blue mach one was there. Didn't get to say hi as I didn't know who was with the car. Had a set of drag radials on it I think.

That was me,i would have liked to check out your cars but we were leaving and i didn't have time.I realy enjoy late model cars,the classic cars are nice but there is something about late models that grab my attention.As far as the drag radials i wish i would have bought some (my 60 ft times would be better) but i didn't they are bfg g-force Ta kd's.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I live in Manteno. My car is ussually at our shop in New Lenox but every once in a while I have it around and try to cruise bradley. I didnt know they had anything at the steak and shake?! Is this fri/sat nights or just whenever?

Andrew, Brett, and Nick need to get out this year!!! What was wrong with the c5?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RippinZ121
I live in Manteno. My car is ussually at our shop in New Lenox but every once in a while I have it around and try to cruise bradley. I didnt know they had anything at the steak and shake?! Is this fri/sat nights or just whenever?

Andrew, Brett, and Nick need to get out this year!!! What was wrong with the c5?
Its was some first annual car show, so i thinks its just a one time a year deal.

and the C5 got a motor put in this summer cause it dropped a lifter.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its was some first annual car show, so i thinks its just a one time a year deal.

and the C5 got a motor put in this summer cause it dropped a lifter.
Well that kind of sucks. Once a year?! O well I've barely even made it to Tinley or Frankfort this year.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

hey guys, i might be going out to us41 tomorrow with straightline. lemme know if anyone is going
Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Totally forgot about this thread. Ive had my car for about a week and a half. Shoulda went cruising or something. Taking it back to the shop tomorrow though...
Old 09-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

ive got the NBM, lowered, tinted, C6 wheeled T/A...Ya I hardly see another f-body in kankakee, bradley, or burbonnais. I wish we had a Sonic here in town to hang out at!

Quick Reply: ANYONE cruise near bradley/bourbonnais/manteno area