Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

ATTN: Stolen Formula

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: Stolen Formula

Tonight my car was stolen from Gateway Technical College... sometime between 5:30PM and 8:30 PM in Elkhorn WI. If anyone sees anything, or hears of anything... PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

98 Red Formula
20% tint on front and sides
No front plate, rear plate is *DELETED*
VIN: *DELETED* (number is etched in windows and t-tops)
Has T-Tops, runs with an open cutout so the sound should be noticable
Stock alloy rims, Toyo Proxes 4 tires

Thanks guys... any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: For sale thread I posted with other pictures and info describing it is here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-c...la-7500-a.html

Last edited by xephona; 09-25-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Hope you find it soon.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Man thats BS!
I really hope they find the person(s) responsible for this.

My Blazer was stolen a few months ago, and I caught the guy driving down the street right after he took it (2 blocks away from my house when I was on my way home) , and actually got him to pull over and get out and held him til the cops came. Needless to say, he is doing 4 years do 2 in jail and the remaining on probation with $400.00 restitution to me for the cracked steering column.

I hate thieves.

Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you in the end!

James
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Man thats BS!
I really hope they find the person(s) responsible for this.

My Blazer was stolen a few months ago, and I caught the guy driving down the street right after he took it (2 blocks away from my house when I was on my way home) , and actually got him to pull over and get out and held him til the cops came. Needless to say, he is doing 4 years do 2 in jail and the remaining on probation with $400.00 restitution to me for the cracked steering column.

I hate thieves.

Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you in the end!

James
how did you not beat the living **** out of him??????
i hate theiving *** low lifes. you work your *** off just to have some scumbag come and take it. to the OP, i hope they catch the trash that took your car but more importantly i hope you get it back in one piece. i feel for you, it is a sickening feeling! good luck man!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Ugg... This sucks sooo bad. I called up a mess of people before even talking to the cops... I figured some friends were screwing with me. Even called the bank to see if it was a repo. The weird thing is, I swapped out my BCM for one with keyless entry and not even GM knows which resistor chip will make my car work. So it HAS to have been someone who did their research on how the security and **** of these cars works... which pisses me off even more!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

update: Police found it this morning, in a ditch... Said the stereo is gone and it was hotwired... looks as if they lost control.

Lovely... they are gonna call me back later so I can go visit it at the impound lot and check the damage.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Sucks to hear that man... I hope the got hurt in the accident
Old 09-25-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xephona
update: Police found it this morning, in a ditch... Said the stereo is gone and it was hotwired... looks as if they lost control.
They couldn't just "hot wire" it. They used a VATS decoder most likely.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i hate to say / ask this but post some pictures of the damage.....

phack people who do this kind of stuff..... they deserve the mouth on curb treatment
Old 09-25-2009, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Good that it was found but it still sucks.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9sec93
how did you not beat the living **** out of him??????
i hate theiving *** low lifes. you work your *** off just to have some scumbag come and take it.
Well just a little info on that, LOL! I wanted sooo bad to beath the **** out of the guy. BUT I didn't because the only way I got him to pull over was by pulling out my 45 and telling him it was in his best interest to pull the Fu(k over. Needless to say, He pulled straight into the parking lot and got out and sat against the truck. And I told him to sit his punk *** on the curb. And to my surprise, he did. And then he told the cops he was in fear of his life. I said to him that the next time he steals someones car he better hope it aint some dumbass who doesn't give 2 *****. There are guys out here that will KILL for much less than that. (Hell to be honest, I only had $1,000.00 in it.)

It was really funny when, The cop snatched his *** up and bitched him out face to face (within 3 or so inches between the cops face and his) LMAO! And then slammed him in the back of the cop car. haha damn thieves.

Anyways, Sorry for the thread hi-Jack OP!

Glad you got it back man. It does however suck how it happened and that it is wrecked and cracked up now.

Well if you part it out, you may still make the same as what you were asking. But you'll have to PART it and wait for all the buyers. If you decide to sell it cheap, lmk.
I may know some people interested.

Good Luck

James
Old 09-25-2009, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

So I payed a visit to the police impound lot to visit it. Not a single scratch on it, not a single dent, NOTHING. How the hell these guys managed to snag it, lose control and end up in a ditch, and do no damage is beyond my comprehension. Only thing wrong with it is that the column is cracked a bit where they pulled out a wire and cut it, head unit is gone with no wires cut, gps is gone, ipod is gone (along with the little cubby hole near the shifter where I had the USB jack installed), amp is gone and the wires were cut, subwoofer is gone and wires slashed. I even found the key they used to get past the column lock. A blank key with no VATS chip was on the floor. Horn fuse under the hood was gone too.

SO, my thoughts on what happened was that they got in through the T-tops, popped the hood and disabled the horn, then hopped back in, bypassed the VATS, and used a blank key to start it. Took it for a joyride around town with the windows down and T-Tops in the back seat... then ended up in the ditch and left the lights running (lights were popped up when the cops found it but not on). After crashing, they grabbed whatever they could and took off.

Heh, least it is still in one piece... wonder how the insurance is gonna deal with this one.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xephona
So I payed a visit to the police impound lot to visit it. Not a single scratch on it, not a single dent, NOTHING. How the hell these guys managed to snag it, lose control and end up in a ditch, and do no damage is beyond my comprehension. Only thing wrong with it is that the column is cracked a bit where they pulled out a wire and cut it, head unit is gone with no wires cut, gps is gone, ipod is gone (along with the little cubby hole near the shifter where I had the USB jack installed), amp is gone and the wires were cut, subwoofer is gone and wires slashed. I even found the key they used to get past the column lock. A blank key with no VATS chip was on the floor. Horn fuse under the hood was gone too.

SO, my thoughts on what happened was that they got in through the T-tops, popped the hood and disabled the horn, then hopped back in, bypassed the VATS, and used a blank key to start it. Took it for a joyride around town with the windows down and T-Tops in the back seat... then ended up in the ditch and left the lights running (lights were popped up when the cops found it but not on). After crashing, they grabbed whatever they could and took off.

Heh, least it is still in one piece... wonder how the insurance is gonna deal with this one.
wow good news i guess, a lot of these stories end much much worse!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

I would get lowjack now they will probably do it again if there stupid enough. they will see the car again at the college.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

I have a Compustar remote security system that pages you if your alarm goes off.
This way you can catch and kick the **** out of them, if you are close enough. LoJack would be better, as almost all police cars have them in their vehicle.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Curious! I have heard of the LoJack before. But where can you get 1 at? I'm very interested.
Also, the lojack is a gps setup right? correct me if I'm wrong???

James
Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

I seen how the Lojack worked on tv show called jacked. its car theft police taskforce awesome show. Check out lojacks website it tells how it works.

All new cars with Onstar can work like lojack also.

http://www.lojack.com/why/Pages/see-...ack-works.aspx

Here it is in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnupVsX57L4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP-Rm7uqKAE

Last edited by 1996firebirdformula; 09-27-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Got my car back today. After a closer look outside, there is a small crack in the fiberglass where the front bumper meets the rest of the body, small scuff on the back bumper, and another small scuff on the side of the bumper. Nothing TOO noticable, Hell... I didn't even see em while looking close. Insurance figured the damage to be $2100, plus the value of the stereo system. So I told them I would fix the damage myself (everything but the crack SHOULD buff out), and they will be sending a check to pay off part of the loan on it once they finish the paperwork. For a shitty situation... this turned out damn well.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man good to ehar everything turned out ok!! dumb *** thing is that the person who stole your car knew a good amount about vats because those resistors in the keys are not easy to just hack so he was somewhat intelligent but then wrecked your car so then again was really stupid!!

ORRRRRR was somebody that knew you and threw that key on the floor to make it look like it was stolen then ripped into you column a bit..

hard telling but either way whoever did it needs to stay out of a car with more than 150hp because looks like he cant drive to save his ***!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:09 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad you got it back in such good condition.

Quick Reply: ATTN: Stolen Formula