Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Ugh

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010 | 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Default Ugh

Well, Triton Community College is retarded and didn't cancel class tonight. The roads were beyond fucked up with snow. I got into an accident in the L. Truck is a ******* champ. Came out fine. No one was hurt. I'm just pissed off. I hate stupid drivers.
Old 02-09-2010 | 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im glad I have an explorer and silverado to drive in the winters. What all happened to the lightning?
Old 02-09-2010 | 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

she cut me off,. I was doing 25 in a 40 and was less than a block from the side street she was on. As soon as I saw her pull out, I knew I was gonna crash. She made her right turn and didn't speed up. As soon as I saw her start moving to make the turn, I realized I had no where to go. I hit the brakes as i watched her turn, which is useless on a 4800lb truck in the snow. I laid the on the horn, and she didn't speed up or make any effort to move. my option, was either hit her or drive into the ditch/trees/river/oncoming traffic on the side of River Road. I cracked her rear bumper, my truck is fine. Then she gets out and was like "didn't you see me?" in her thick polish accent. I was like "yea, I did, but there was zero chance of me stopping and I was laying on the horn." Her husband was the police officer...how convenient. Luckily, we went to the police station and they filed the report. No one was issued a ticket.
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:50 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
I hate stupid drivers.
Well stop being one then!........j/k
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

yea i go to school at northern and the campus was a joke this morning, as of now its a blizzard
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
yea i go to school at northern and the campus was a joke this morning, as of now its a blizzard
Western isn't any better, I dont think they own snow plows down here, just tractors.
Old 02-09-2010 | 11:13 PM
Launching!

NW Indiana is horrible im hoping Purdue Cal cancels classes for tomorrow, I need a day off!
Old 02-10-2010 | 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Now I'm starting to get pissed off. tomorrow, I have to call my insurance agent and explain my said of the story. Today, she told her insurance that she had a "headache" after the accident. It says directly on the report that there was no injury and that she was fine. She stated this to me, the police, and my parents. Now all of a sudden she's hurting? WTF? I'm definitely going to make note when I talk to my insurance agent that she called her husband directly, instead of calling 911. I made sure to call 911 when I got out of my truck. She said she had notified the police AKA her husband, but when I called in, the lady said there was no report. Therefore, she never contacted anybody but her own personal helper.
Old 02-10-2010 | 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah thats kinda bullshit, I hit a lady in an ice storm a couple years ago and she claimed to not have any injuries seeing as that I hit her going no more than 10mph. Then my insurance said that he back was hurting her. It was bullshit but she got nothing out of it because she reported no injury at the scene.
Old 02-11-2010 | 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

Typical stupid winter drivers. At least your truck is not damaged.
Old 02-11-2010 | 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Called the insurance lady. As soon as I said that her husband was the officer and that he filed the report, she immediately stopped me and said Conflict of interest. I never even got to explain my side of the story to the officer. As soon as he got to the scene, he immediately spoke polish to her, looked at my truck and then asked me to go to the station. At the station, I was never questioned, and HE FILED THE REPORT HIMSELF! The insurance agency immediately said that the report was biased and needs to be fixed. She told me to go to the police department tonight and talk to the captain. I need to file an addendum along with the report stating that I was never questioned, and that the officer that has relations with the girl hit filed the report.
Old 02-11-2010 | 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

What makes me mad is that he got out and started to speak polish to her, I dont care if people come to the U.S. just speak our language.
Old 02-11-2010 | 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definately a conflict of interest, and the fact that they spoke in polish, there could have been things said against you, that you wouldnt know about. This situation is definately her fault.

I almost ran over a Focus on wednesday. But i was probably following a little to close. They slammed their brakes on for absolutly no reason. Luckily i was able to direct the front of my truck around them and not get in an accident. Definately alot of stupid drivers out there
Old 02-11-2010 | 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But remember. Cops stick together. Just because you are right, the captain may still take the side of the officer. Be careful
Old 02-11-2010 | 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by deelong4002
But remember. Cops stick together. Just because you are right, the captain may still take the side of the officer. Be careful
I'm holding off while my insurance talks to the department first. The police report is garbage. He filled out parts wrong(i.e putting names backwards, etc), and didn't look any information up. I know this because on the report it says that I own my truck. I make the payments on my truck, however, my dad cosigned because he has better credit. Therefore, my dad is the actual owner, even though I am paying because his name comes first on the loan. It also says there's $1500+dollars worth of damage on her car. IDK where the **** he got that estimate from, because her car was certainly not inspected by a professional, and the only thing wrong was her bumper was cracked.
Old 02-12-2010 | 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

this happened to me last winter i think theres a thread on here somewhere, same ****. she took me to court and the insurance company cause they wouldnt pay out for anything cause there wasnt enough damage to her vehicle (there was no damage actually) to equal the amount of "injury" she had. went to court and made her look like a total dumbass. and shitty part is she was going to her chiropractor already so she then had to pay out of pocket... karmas a bitch.