Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

So I Finally Pulled The Trans Am Out Of Storage, And.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully they wont bother me either i never had a problem with my green one
Old 03-31-2010, 03:14 AM
Staging Lane

but maybe because of the dark color
Old 03-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

thats one thing that does really bother me. i used to get pulled over in the camaro for loud exhaust, luckily always got warnings. but on the bike, i have never gotten pulled for loud exhaust. they have pulled me for no license plate light 5 times and never even mentioned the exhaust. knock on wood. the bike is LOUD! so i dont understand it
Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
I was about to use you Chris as my cousin or something.. But didn't.. you know what I mean

He should have given me the $25 compliance ticket....

What cout supervision form you talking about? I got a an envelope that has bunch of options.

A) Plead guilty pay $75. Convitction is reported to SOS for entry on your public driving record

B) Avoid a conviction and go to Traffic Safety School

C) Plead NOT GUILTY and request a court date

Chris so what other form is there. And TECHNICALLY this isn't a moving violation. This is really and equipment violation.. so what the fvck gives????

If you want to talk to me text me or call me.. This totally ruined my fvckign day.. Do you still have my number??

Jonas,

First off… forget what I said about the additional moving violation within the next 90 days. I had a major brain fart, sorry about that!

If you receive 3 moving violations within 12 months, your license will be suspended. Moving violations consist of speeding, improper lane usage, running a red light, etc.

If you receive 3 equipment violations within 12 months, your license will NOT be suspended. Equipment violations consist of one taillight, one headlight, cracked windshield, loud muffler, etc.

Equipment violations constitute probable cause, and therefore, a traffic stop can be conducted. A police officer can conduct a traffic stop based on equipment or moving violations.

So… you got nothing to worry about, they are not going to suspend your license. Also, $25 is little low for a compliance ticket these days. Most compliance tickets are anywhere from $35-50. Either way, it still beats $75 and losing your license for a couple of weeks.

As far as the comment someone made about the officer “having to prove in court” that the exhaust was aftermarket, that wont happen. A traffic court judge sees/hears about these types of violations almost on a daily basis. The judge will simply ask the officer “in his opinion” do you think the exhaust was louder than a stock vehicle. That’s it! The judge will “take the word” of the officer 99.9% of the time. There is no way that Jonas will win that one. As far as the officer not being in court, he needs to have a really good excuse to tell his commanding officer WHY he can’t go. The officer will either be working that day… so he will go to court, or he will come into court on his day off for 2 hours of OT. Also, I don’t think a $75 equipment violation is worth hiring a lawyer, but that’s just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Launching!

States and municipalities are broke. You're going to see a LOT more people given tickets for stuff that cops would have let people slide on in the past. Cops are essentially being used as revenue generators.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I don't see how this can be a moving violation. Nor do I see how an insurance company could see it as one.

Therefore, I'd be pissed too, but in the end I'd pay the ticket and move on with life. I wouldn't waste my time on court or in traffic school for a non-traffic offense.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

The same thing happened to me in Buffalo Grove, they gave me a ticket on the state paper instead of the $25 city compliance ticket. It is not a moving violation though, and won't count against you on your record, that is just on the ticket because they only have one state form.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
9 Second Club

LaGrange cops are major ******, one would wait for my dad every day to see if he had a front plate on his Vette, which was undrilled in the front before 3 tickets. I used to purposly go way out of my way to avoid that town.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn racecar exhaust...sorry man that really sucks...

plan for Byron the 11 of April Sunday...
Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

I never knew you get your d/l taken on a equipment violation?

What do you do send them money and them mail it back to you?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgroh89
I never knew you get your d/l taken on a equipment violation?

What do you do send them money and them mail it back to you?
When ever you get a State ticket ($75), the ticket that is the light yellow color and is long horizontally (state) they take your license

The Compliance ticket($25-$50), the ticket that is the dark, burnt orange color and it long vertically that is the equipment ticket they do not take your license

Even thought the cop put it on the state ticket ($75) he still took my license and it is still an equipment violation. He jsut wanted to show me he was the man give me the bigger ticket and take my license

Yet again at the end of our convo he says I really like your car
Old 03-31-2010, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

I run an open y pipe at my cutout (electronic) I've been pulled over for loud exhaust, and just flipped the switch before the cop got me stopped and just blamed the noise on a truck that went by or something lol. Works everytime ;D
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Thats some bs for his last comment. Ima have to watch my *** since I normally drive through La Grange a few times a week. I was stuck at the train and then drove off in second gear and everyone wait to cross the street either looked at me with the nice car , or the get a ******* muffler
Old 03-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Took it for a little drive to make sure the car was all good, I was coming back home, went through LaGrange and got pulled over Really??? I had been on the road for about 20 mins

So I know I wasn't speeding, I was doing 28 in a 30. Officer pulls up to me and says I am pulling you over for LOUD EXHAUST. Honestly it is loud. I am cammed, ORY and GMMG blah blah (exhaust combo is in my sig). Strolls to the front, of course no front plate asks me for insureance. Just out insurance on the car 30 mins before i pulled it out so I didn't have cards on me. They were emailed to me put I hadn't printed them as I was not buy a printer

So the officer said that he was going to give me a break on the no front plate and no proof of insurance. BUT I got a STATE ticket for loud exhaust. Anytime I get a ticket for exhaust only 1 other time in 2007 it was a COMPLIANCE tichet ($25). The fvckign cop like I said gave me a STATE ticket ($75) and took my fvckign license

So know I have to use that stupid azz envelope or pay online. I always thought that this ticket is an EQUIPMENT VIOLATION and not a MOVING VIOLATION. It says that if I plead guilty, pay the $75 it goes on my record.. That is BS

Way to have a first 30 mins out with the car today

So the officer gave me the more expensive ticket and goes " BTW I really like your car.. ALOT!!!" so dumbass why did you give me a ticket, let alone the more expensive ticket
sounds exactly like my buddy. he got pulled over at st charles and 83.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ski23
That Blos. I actually took the Camaro out today and made it about 10 blocks and got pulled over by a county cop. I go reaching for insurance and registration and he says no need, I just pulled you over to check out your car. We chatted for about 15 minutes and parted ways. Thats a first for me, Cop was in sweats and a tshirt lol.

Where at in Indiana are you from?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnlv6
States and municipalities are broke. You're going to see a LOT more people given tickets for stuff that cops would have let people slide on in the past. Cops are essentially being used as revenue generators.
They always have been!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darksol
They always have been!
This is true. However, statistically, when economic times are bad, cops give a higher percentage of tickets/fines vs. warnings.

Ex.
Researchers from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and the University of Arkansas-Little Rock found that a 10% decrease in revenue growth caused a 6.4% increase the following year in the growth rate of traffic tickets.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...?se=yahoorefer
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All I gotta say is

JONAS YOU BIIIIIIIIIG DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!
lol hope you get your license back, I would of wrote your azz up for a toooo high TRANS AM, and asked the court that they mandate a strano spring,koni shocks and phb sentence! LOL
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Yeah I should have waited seriously.. Pisses me off that Harleys get away louder exhaust

I was thinking the same thing! I hate the way those LOUD junks sound!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by litle88
All I gotta say is

JONAS YOU BIIIIIIIIIG DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!
lol hope you get your license back, I would of wrote your azz up for a toooo high TRANS AM, and asked the court that they mandate a strano spring,koni shocks and phb sentence! LOL
I should have dropped your name Zeke or another police officer thats in this threads name too

I will get my license back when I pay the damn $75 ticket

at the ticket you would write me

Quick Reply: So I Finally Pulled The Trans Am Out Of Storage, And.........