Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Crossed to the dark side....who tunes Cobras?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike Post. But I am a little bias since he uses my buddy's dyno.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too have heard ALOT of Mike Post for a good mustang tuner and some awesome customer service.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

lidio gets my vote. prior posted. We have 2 blown foxes tuned there and both run amazing with over 550 at the wheels and drive like stock.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Teching In

I have a Kurgan tuned car. He tuned my ported eaton and my TS setup.

I have no issue with the power level I am at considering I have a stock fuel system other than injectors and a bap.

I made about 7 hp less than my friend who used RWTD (James) and his car had headers and a ported TB.

I may be changing things up and since Bob is in Gorgia I am going to use Mr. Norms (Tim)

My issues with Kurgan are very small (2 step does not work and car in the cold does not idle well and dies a lot)

the point is my car makes power and I abuse it and it has not blown up.

Last edited by blck10th; 11-28-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Socket
Go to Mr Norms. Also go on Chicagosvt.com. I'm on chicagosvt all the time, there is some good info on there. I know many people who have had Kurgan tune their cars and they are all going to have Tim redo their tunes. One car runs great, when it's warm, when the temps drop the car dies at a light. He put his race tune in and the 2 step won't work. He contacted Bob to get these issues taken care of and Bob will not get back to him. He's tried numerous times and Bob keeps blowing him off. Bob is a very smart guy and nice to talk to if you can get time with him, but his customer service BLOWS! Oh and guys that have gone to Mr Norms have picked up power over a Kurgan tune. If you don't believe me go on the board mentioned and asked. Some people hold back because kurgan was a sponsor over there, but you'll get some stories guaranteed. Good Luck with your car!
funny thing... the same thing is happening in Georgia... all of tim's customers are going to bob and having their tunes redone as well.. you know why?? Because, bob and tim have an agreement!! They are working with each others customers.. Spend some time on the GA boards and you will see..
Old 11-27-2010, 03:41 PM
8 Second Club

These guys just continue to build a case against themselves I find it rather amusing.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000fbody
funny thing... the same thing is happening in Georgia... all of tim's customers are going to bob and having their tunes redone as well.. you know why?? Because, bob and tim have an agreement!! They are working with each others customers.. Spend some time on the GA boards and you will see..
Yes I do know that Bob and Tim have an agreement. Bob has referred his old customers to Tim, but what I'm saying is that the people who have gone to Tim have gotten more power out of the same set up, better drivability, and better customer service. So if you’re up here go to Tim, I wouldn't know what to tell the people in Georgia.

Quick Reply: Crossed to the dark side....who tunes Cobras?