Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Crossed to the dark side....who tunes Cobras?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crossed to the dark side....who tunes Cobras?

I sold my Le2 Trans Am a couple months back and finally picked up my new ride. After having 6 Trans Am/Camaros over the past 10 years I finally got my first Ford product
Anyway, I'm still a GM guy at heart and need my car dyno tuned. Anyone on this forum do Ford junk?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have to ask, my buddy sold his Zinc Yellow Cobra a few months ago and it was also an 03 with the 04 rims like in your sig. Did you purchase via a private seller in the southside of Chicago?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just picked mine up a couple months ago. From my understanding Bob Kurgan, the best mustang tuner to date has moved his shop to Georgia but will come back from time to time. Try to get in contact with him. bob@kurganmotorsports.com,

Also join Chicagosvt. There is a lot of local help and info on there. Good luck with your new Cobra
Old 11-21-2010, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Kurgan.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Noooo Kurgan BLEW up my friends livernois stroker motor on his 1998 S/c cobra!! That's one of the reasons he LEFT He was blowing folks $$ set ups. From my understanding hanging with the CMC FORUM guys and SVT performance forums. I heard this many times from the actual owners of the cars. Just my .02
Tim Barth of a long time mustang tuner from Georgia came up to Mr. Norms garage and he tuned my cousins S/c mystic cobra and ran strong all summer.
Good luck
Old 11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
Noooo Kurgan BLEW up my friends livernois stroker motor on his 1998 S/c cobra!! That's one of the reasons he LEFT He was blowing folks $$ set ups. From my understanding hanging with the CMC FORUM guys and SVT performance forums. I heard this many times from the actual owners of the cars. Just my .02
Tim Barth of a long time mustang tuner from Georgia came up to Mr. Norms garage and he tuned my cousins S/c mystic cobra and ran strong all summer.
Good luck
+1 for Tim...he tuned my friend's turbo GT
Old 11-22-2010, 06:39 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
Good luck
I'm gonna have to call BS!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Have to ask, my buddy sold his Zinc Yellow Cobra a few months ago and it was also an 03 with the 04 rims like in your sig. Did you purchase via a private seller in the southside of Chicago?
No I didn't. This car came from Maryland.

Originally Posted by somws6bird
I just picked mine up a couple months ago.

Also join Chicagosvt. There is a lot of local help and info on there. Good luck with your new Cobra
Congrads on your buy, sounds like a stout combination. I'm going with the same size pulley as you. I'll check out that forum.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Call it whatever you'd like, IDK
Old 11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
8 Second Club

Yea I'm calling BS . You think Bob moved because someone said he blew up their junk? Thats laughable please post some FACTS to back up your rediculous claims .A simple search on the internet completely goes against what you are saying. Ever heard of slander? Look it up.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Banned

We will still use Kurgan as we have for base files and such, but if a dyno tune is needed Tim is our alternative due to Bob's move. Bob will be coming back from time to time and using our dyno and others who he tuned for in the past. Kurgan has tuned many cars for us including my own 89 Coupe which made over 500 rwhp on a stock block which I sold 2 years ago.

Bob did not move due to your claims Zeke and what you are stating is pretty far out there man. The car you mentioned was also tuned by Logan Motorsports when it blew up and not Bob from what I was told.

Last edited by LS1 SPEED; 11-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

My friends 98 cobra was never at Logan Motorsports Larry, he is a close friend and was set on Kurgan tuning it, it blew up 2 weeks later after having tuned.

My frickin neighbors 04 cobra with a ported S/C and a pulley, bigger intercooler ran fine all last summer after a Straightline tune no problem this guy doesn't even drive his car! Early in the year he gets a kurgan tune and next thing I know he's ordering an aluminator short block just like my close friend had to do. Coincidence? Maybe maybe not.

Ok I'll take back about why he left, but the damage is done. I'm just stating to the O/p my experiences, nothing is ever a guarantee in this hobby, I wish the O/p good luck those Cobras are nice.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 PM
8 Second Club

So everything is basiclly hearsay. Seeing how Bob has been permabanned on this site by PSJ and unable to personally defend his reputation then your posts qualify for cyberlibel. If Bob was a dick he could cause problems for your and win.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Teching In

what are the names of these mystery people?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Teching In

I have my Cobra tuned by lidio at alternative auto and it is a great tune other than my fuel system is maxed out. I eas going to go to krugen for my e85 tune in the spring but since he is in Georgia I am staying with lidio.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly I have heard of hundreds of guys getting dyno tunes from Kurgan. He has probably tuned at least a hundred 03/04 cobras. All ran flawlessly

My friend and I took his 95 306/TF Heads/ F1R Procharged cobra to Kurgan after a tuner, I'm not going to mention the name, tuned it like crap.

When Kurgan was done with the car it ran like it came factory stock with 450rwhp.

Ive also heard of a Guy by the Name of Mike Post. Don't know if anyone else has heard of him but he might be someone to look into.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always heard great things about Kurgan, and have seen great results by him. If I had a Mustang, I'd definately let him tune it. But, then again, I've also heard many great things about other places and been very disappointed by them. But, there's always two sides to every story and not everything goes perfect everytime.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 AM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

We can tune the Cobra for you, shoot me an email with the information.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sworaz
I sold my Le2 Trans Am a couple months back and finally picked up my new ride. After having 6 Trans Am/Camaros over the past 10 years I finally got my first Ford product
Anyway, I'm still a GM guy at heart and need my car dyno tuned. Anyone on this forum do Ford junk?
the flyin hawaiin is the man to get your cobra tuned at, bob kurgan knows his fords. look up mike post as well, hes another great ford tuner and does great work. another place i wouldnt hesitate to go is anderson motorsports. call and speak to ron anderson, hes such a nice guy to talk to and he will def. help you out. check them out here.. http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.co...d=49&Itemid=58
Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Go to Mr Norms. Also go on Chicagosvt.com. I'm on chicagosvt all the time, there is some good info on there. I know many people who have had Kurgan tune their cars and they are all going to have Tim redo their tunes. One car runs great, when it's warm, when the temps drop the car dies at a light. He put his race tune in and the 2 step won't work. He contacted Bob to get these issues taken care of and Bob will not get back to him. He's tried numerous times and Bob keeps blowing him off. Bob is a very smart guy and nice to talk to if you can get time with him, but his customer service BLOWS! Oh and guys that have gone to Mr Norms have picked up power over a Kurgan tune. If you don't believe me go on the board mentioned and asked. Some people hold back because kurgan was a sponsor over there, but you'll get some stories guaranteed. Good Luck with your car!

Quick Reply: Crossed to the dark side....who tunes Cobras?