Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Osceola Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Osceola Dragway

Anybody here race at Osceola Dragway in Indiana?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

I have been there in the past. It's been a few years, and apparently its been updated slightly since I've been there. Its pretty basic, but it does the job!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Yes there have been some upgrades. Rest rooms are the biggest and best upgrade. Track prep could use a load of improvement but my 12 second car hooks well there. They are an NHRA track now. Friendliest track in the area.
Do you race somewhere else now?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

We were regulars 20 years ago.
It was definitely a fun place and I have heard it has changed tremendously since.

We would love to go back and see the old place, but I was told it might not be a good idea for my kind of car???
I would love for a regular to fill us in!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

I'd like to try it out sometime since it's a bit closer to me than 41 and not sure if or when I'll visit 41 again with the drama going on there. How well does the place hook on test and tune nights and anyone know when they close for the year?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

We were regulars 20 years ago.
It was definitely a fun place and I have heard it has changed tremendously since.

We would love to go back and see the old place, but I was told it might not be a good idea for my kind of car???
I would love for a regular to fill us in!!!

My first trip there was many years ago. They ran in the opposite direction (toward Ash road) and only had a stop light for a "tree" back then. It is a great place to race but your car would over power the starting line in a heartbeat although I have seen many low 9/high 8 second runs there. It is too bad that they do not do better track prep. They recently built a new building with good restrooms and food a service area and have upgraded some of the bleachers over the years. I like racing there.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by green28
I'd like to try it out sometime since it's a bit closer to me than 41 and not sure if or when I'll visit 41 again with the drama going on there. How well does the place hook on test and tune nights and anyone know when they close for the year?
41 is a joke and the drama going on there reflects it. I hope somebody that cares about the racers and has the ability to run it buys the Nevengers out. It has been a rough ride down there ever since Papa Norm passed.

I have never been to Osceola on a test and tune night but I would like to go run my new combination to get some seat time with it. I was going to go this Sunday but they are only running 1/8 mile this week for the points series. I will probably go next Sunday when they are back to 1/4 mile racing. They close for the year near the end of October.

web site is http://www.osceoladragway.com/

.........and by the way, they do have an ambulance and paramedics there every Sunday.

Last edited by cacmanjr; 09-09-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and had a pretty good time.

On Sundays the track prep is pretty good, good enough for 1.38 60' and 9.48 at 147mph in a street car lol.
On Fridays it can be a different story though, but the last few times I went on TnT nights its been on my bike.

Overall I can't complain about it, its close for me and i always have a good time.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:36 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

What about bringing a very low, very fragile (carbon fiber body) car, that runs 1.00's 60'???
Are the pits bumpy, rough, is it long enough for my car??

Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z/YA
I was just there a couple of weeks ago and had a pretty good time.

On Sundays the track prep is pretty good, good enough for 1.38 60' and 9.48 at 147mph in a street car lol.
On Fridays it can be a different story though, but the last few times I went on TnT nights its been on my bike.

Overall I can't complain about it, its close for me and i always have a good time.
Would you happen to have been driving a procharged 4th gen Camaro?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

What about bringing a very low, very fragile (carbon fiber body) car, that runs 1.00's 60'???
Are the pits bumpy, rough, is it long enough for my car??

Like Z/YA said, nines and 150mph seem to get stopped well but I am sure your car is faster. The pits are mostly unpaved and bumpy. It might not be the best place for a carbon fiber car. Why not come up on a Sunday without your car and see for your self?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like the last T&T is Sept. 23 and I've never done the braket race deal and I'd like to get some seat time at that track before trying that out so might not make it there this year, but hope to next year for sure. I'd be happy if it could go on a T&T and the track would consistantly hold my bolt-on car. Best 60' I've had is 1.60 so sounds easily get down there on a sunday.

Z/YA, sounds like you finished you car and have it working well then? I know you were still working some bugs out last I saw awhile back.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

I hear ya greenz28. Always better to know the track before you enter competition. Some of the guys there are dead on the tree.

I know they do track rentals there but I don't know what it costs. Might be a good idea to organize one on a Saturday if there are enough who want to go there.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:19 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Because I'm old & lazy and don't feel like driving 6+ hours if I can just ask you guys.
I would rather spend the day racing then inspecting a track.
If we ever did come, the 1st thing I do is drive the track and return road while the guys work on the car.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Because I'm old & lazy and don't feel like driving 6+ hours if I can just ask you guys.
I would rather spend the day racing then inspecting a track.
If we ever did come, the 1st thing I do is drive the track and return road while the guys work on the car.

I assume (yeah I know) that you are not really in Orland Park/New Lenox? Wouldn't be anywhere near that time from Orland/New Lenox.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I go about once a year. Track prep could be better. I don't hook worth **** with my car 2.0X is my best 60'. Best time of 13.3 at 108.X so who knows what I could get with good tires getting my 60' down. It's a fun place to just go and get some runs in. Definitely not your best track in the Midwest area. Ive heard 41 and Muncie are much better as far as track prep.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

I went a few weeks ago as a complete newb and first time participant on a test and tune night. It was a fun time but I couldn't tell you how it compares to other tracks. The couple guys that were working I spoke with were nice and helpful.

I couldn't launch worth anything...I think I can safely blame the all-seasons I had on.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by green28
Looks like the last T&T is Sept. 23 and I've never done the braket race deal and I'd like to get some seat time at that track before trying that out so might not make it there this year, but hope to next year for sure. I'd be happy if it could go on a T&T and the track would consistantly hold my bolt-on car. Best 60' I've had is 1.60 so sounds easily get down there on a sunday.

Z/YA, sounds like you finished you car and have it working well then? I know you were still working some bugs out last I saw awhile back.

I wish that was my car lol. I think my car had been all done once with the LS3 and already been torn back apart since last time lol. I ran three tanks of gas through her and realized that 460rwhp was not enough. She is getting the full treatment this time. Roll cage goes in next weekend and a healthy LSX is sitting on the stand.

No that car was a red pro charged 408ls swaped into a 91 Firebird. He is a friend of mine that I've made some suspession goodies for and we were trying to get his 60' down. his pervious best was a 1.6x's and with just a few simple little parts it cut a 1.38. We are hoping to get his car down in the 1.1x's for the shoot out and go after a 9.0 pass, which is will get once the T-brake is in. The footbrake won't hold the car anymore.
It is funny showing up in a street car, rip off a 9.48 at 147mph and have all the guys with built drag cars coming over and asking if its really a street car and "How is that thing so fast?" LOL
Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

I know it's been a long time, but even with an open trailer, I thought it was right at 3 hours??
Now with a big daddy triple TAG, I cruise 60 ish.

Either way, it doesn't sound like it will hold a 1.00's 60 and my car will not like the terrain??

Oh yea, I did live in Alsip at that time, and the car is in the RT 66 area now.

You never know, we could always show up with someone else's car, for old times sake!!
Race safe guys.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by egott_91
I go about once a year. Track prep could be better. I don't hook worth **** with my car 2.0X is my best 60'. Best time of 13.3 at 108.X so who knows what I could get with good tires getting my 60' down. It's a fun place to just go and get some runs in. Definitely not your best track in the Midwest area. Ive heard 41 and Muncie are much better as far as track prep.
Yep, track prep could be better. You definately need at least a good set of drag radials to hook. My car 60's at 1.73 give or take there. Best time is 12.07 @ 110. It's not the best track but still a lot of fun.

Last edited by cacmanjr; 09-11-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Osceola Dragway