Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone have info on the build of this car

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have info on the build of this car

Anyone know the build history of this car? Just purchased this Z28/SS from TN but I know from some research on here and the carfax it spent most of its life in Illinois. It was under corporate name for at least 10-years in Illinois. Here is a link from the prior sale in 2008/2009.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...-must-see.html

From what I can tell it has alot of suspension work done, custom road race style cage, Baer big brake kit, and it was a turbo car. Car still has the boost autometer phantom boost gauge in the a-pillar. I've tried researching here and Fquick but I have not had much luck. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Default Heres a few pics

I've not taken any good pics yet, but here are a couple from when I picked it up to see if jogs anyones memory. It has spent most of its life in Illinois. I found where it was for sale on here back in 2008 but I can't find anything prior to that. Car has been converted to a 6-speed since it left Illinois.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Anyone have info on the build of this car-iphone-008.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have info on the build of this car-iphone-007.jpg   Anyone have info on the build of this car-iphone-010.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I happened to take a look at your pictures and I saw some 'SS Racing' stickers on the back hatch. A number of us know Chris who is one of the S's. I think that car used to belong to Tom Mikolas, maybe Larry Hamilton will notice this thread and respond... He' probably know.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Appreciate the feedback. It looks like someone spent a considerable amount of time and effort in the build and I was just trying to catch up on the history of it. Car has a custom 6-point cage with low side bars with access to the rear seats, full BMR suspension package, and Baer brakes track package.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Chris is user OutlawLT1 in this thread, maybe register there and ask him:

http://www.mfba.org/showthread.php?6...ull=1#post5448
Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

can we get more pictures of the cage work? looks nice and clean and it sounds like better rear access than most roll cages.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Sure will. I'll get some more pics and post them up. Just got it a couple of weeks ago in time for the cold weather so I haven't had it out as much as I'd like. Here's a quick run to the grocery store. I'll get some better ones too.

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...wimg&id=358597

Thanks Prostock John on the lead.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Hey Larry Hamilton contacted me about this. I was the original owner and can give you all the info on this car. You got a great car. I miss having it in the garage.

Email me at annivss@yahoo.com.

Tom Mikolas
Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys with helping me out with this. I've sent you an email Tom. I'd just like to give credit where it's do as I get it back out on the road and hopefully some track events.

Quick Reply: Anyone have info on the build of this car