Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Illinois MEET!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illinois MEET!

I know this is a bit early as it's only February except it always seems like everyone drags on setting up meets or cruises! Let's use this thread in order to set something up good this coming season. I know it's been some crazy weather & I feel like the roads will finally be good late March (let's hope at least). So if anyone has any suggestions throw them out there & let's making something good happen this season. I'm tired of going to all these local meets where I show up & I am one of the only F-Body cars there, let alone American car.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,247 Posts

Originally Posted by DNTBJELOUS
I'm tired of going to all these local meets where I show up & I am one of the only F-Body cars there, let alone American car.
I have also noticed that 4th gen F-bodies don't have the strong presence at local shows that they used to have ~10 years ago. Mine is usually the only one at the weekly events that I attend. But there is no shortage of domestic cars at the events around me. Not sure what shows you are going to, but there are several that are exclusively/almost exclusively domestic in this area.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, I usually put on small meets and dinners in Chicago area. Next one I do I'll post up here if you guys are interested. Usually a good group of guys and ranges between vette's, fbodies, supra's, evo's, and mustangs. Cars range between 500-1400whp give or take.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in for some meets, but im in central IL so i wont make them all if they are in the chicago area.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Im always done to meet fellow car guys. They are the only ones who understand me. LOL
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel ya but lots of guys here don't hook up like the mustang clubs. I'd reach out to the Chicago 5th gen club they hang out alot. They hang out alot although some are a Lil soft and some have neon lights their ok.

I love going to Morris on the second Saturday of every month to see 600+ cars sometimes pretty cool. I also hang out at GEO's in Burbank on 79th just east of Harlem. And Dukes on 82nd? And Harlem. Lots of hotrods and NO imports! On either shows I've mentioned lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Yeah maybe it's cause I'm younger (21) but a lot of the meets around me are import based. There is the weekly meets & stuff like that except it seems to be like those guys have been there forever. I'd almost like to start something new that might be able to boom & get a bunch of cars going to. Something like even going out to dinner would be cool with me. Just to get a group of people together with the same passion as I do. That's all I'm really looking for haha. Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Imports it doesn't really matter, it would just be nice to see a big group of F-Bodies every once in a while.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude i am down whenever, i daily my cammed f body, creepin around lookin for races, im in joliet
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

I am down for meets anythings in a 50 mile radias. Speed inc puts on a awesome open house every year with tons of 4th gens. That's where I started my mod bug.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Are you guys familiar with the Schaumburg area at all? I'm out of Elk Grove but Schaumburg seems to be a pretty common meeting point for stuff. Lots of restaurants & landmarks to meet up at. I held a small little meet at the Streets of Woodfield last year but they didn't like that so much. We got kicked out & went for a cruise except everyone got split up.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Launching!

yes streets of woodifeld sucks ***. i am from schaumburg originally but have moved to the south side. we could do something in naperville or bolingbrook and meet up the ikea. i have a couple buddies who would be down, my buddy from elk grove has a speed3 that would run with us.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Yeah maybe it's cause I'm younger (21) but a lot of the meets around me are import based. There is the weekly meets & stuff like that except it seems to be like those guys have been there forever. I'd almost like to start something new that might be able to boom & get a bunch of cars going to. Something like even going out to dinner would be cool with me. Just to get a group of people together with the same passion as I do. That's all I'm really looking for haha. Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Imports it doesn't really matter, it would just be nice to see a big group of F-Bodies every once in a while.
In the early 2000s we used to have a great turn out of 4th gens at our weekly meets in Mt. Prospect, at a place called Photo's. The event was mostly filled with old domestic muscle cars, but every Saturday we'd usually have a group of 15+ 4th gens at least. This show began to move to the Mt. Prospect train station around '05 or '06 and still has a huge turn out, but there are very few 4th gens that ever attend at this point. There are ~150+ cars that come through this show every Saturday, and the most 4th gens I saw in a single night last year might have been 4....but most Saturday's the only ones are mine and a black Firehawk that I don't know the owner of. There is also an extremely low mileage black WS6 that sometimes comes through, and a very young looking guy with an NBM Z28 on occasion. Overall it's about 99.5% domestic though which is great.

On Friday's I used to go to Rolling Meadows which was a great show (and huge) but pretty far from me. Then it moved to Palatine and that was just too far, so I found a new smaller show at the Rosemont McDonalds. It's usually a group of just 30-40 cars at most, but 4th gen turn out is almost non-existant. I think I saw one other 4th gen there besides mine all season last year. One or two imports have come though on occasion near the end of the night, but it's almost exclusively domestic.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Mine is usually the only one at the weekly events that I attend.
Well, there's going to be at least two THIS year!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

count me in if anything goes down!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by 02RedWS6RamAir
Well, there's going to be at least two THIS year!
Only when you're not at work!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by litle88
I feel ya but lots of guys here don't hook up like the mustang clubs. I'd reach out to the Chicago 5th gen club they hang out alot. They hang out alot although some are a Lil soft and some have neon lights their ok.

I love going to Morris on the second Saturday of every month to see 600+ cars sometimes pretty cool. I also hang out at GEO's in Burbank on 79th just east of Harlem. And Dukes on 82nd? And Harlem. Lots of hotrods and NO imports! On either shows I've mentioned lol.
Burbank checking in!

You may see two Z32s at Dukes, don't get it twisted lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Count me in when you guys pick a spot and date. I'm in the glen Ellyn area
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tjwashow
yes streets of woodifeld sucks ***. i am from schaumburg originally but have moved to the south side. we could do something in naperville or bolingbrook and meet up the ikea. i have a couple buddies who would be down, my buddy from elk grove has a speed3 that would run with us.
Who is your friend with the MS3? Maybe I know him haha. But yeah I used to go to Photo's & all the other shows you listed up above. I would just like to see if we can actually get a group of guys together from this forum to head up there. Even to the track & stuff when it opens up. It would be cool cause it seems like this forum is the only forum that sucks ***** when it comes to meets & **** like that. You go to all these other shows & see tons of guys from all sorts of forums & clubs.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Only when you're not at work!
Yeah, work always puts a damper on things.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Who is your friend with the MS3? Maybe I know him haha. But yeah I used to go to Photo's & all the other shows you listed up above. I would just like to see if we can actually get a group of guys together from this forum to head up there. Even to the track & stuff when it opens up. It would be cool cause it seems like this forum is the only forum that sucks ***** when it comes to meets & **** like that. You go to all these other shows & see tons of guys from all sorts of forums & clubs.
My friends name is Brennan, hes got a blue 07 speed 3. Thing is quick. I agree i would love to get to the track or just a meet. Lets make it happen.

Quick Reply: Illinois MEET!