Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm - Page 4 - LS1TECH



Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #61
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Very light turnout at the Back Lot Bash today. I didn't make it yesterday, nor did I make it to MP due to a nasty head cold I seem to have caught. Hope to be back in full action for next weekend.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #62
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Tried to hit the last Park Ridge show tonight, the wife had made plans to meet one of her friends from work and her husband there, but they wouldn't let me pull into the lot. I guess they were out of spots? So we went for a cruise instead.

Rosemont had a few of the regulars after 9pm when Park Ridge ended. I'll be at MP tomorrow but not with the car as I won't make it early enough to get decent parking.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #63
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Taprxxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM WS6 View Post
Tried to hit the last Park Ridge show tonight, the wife had made plans to meet one of her friends from work and her husband there, but they wouldn't let me pull into the lot. I guess they were out of spots? So we went for a cruise instead.

Rosemont had a few of the regulars after 9pm when Park Ridge ended. I'll be at MP tomorrow but not with the car as I won't make it early enough to get decent parking.
We haven't been to many shows the last couple weekends unfortunately. Did hit RM last night....full lot and perfect weather. Weird that they wouldn't let you pull into the lot in Park Ridge. Anyway, was just at sub express for lunch and noticed the MP show goes into October which is pretty rare. I'm sure we'll be up there the next few weekends till they all shut down for the year.
Taprxxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:24 AM   #64
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprxxt View Post
We haven't been to many shows the last couple weekends unfortunately. Did hit RM last night....full lot and perfect weather. Weird that they wouldn't let you pull into the lot in Park Ridge. Anyway, was just at sub express for lunch and noticed the MP show goes into October which is pretty rare. I'm sure we'll be up there the next few weekends till they all shut down for the year.
I won't be going back to Park Ridge again. Pretty ridiculous that they wouldn't even let me cruise through, it's not a judged event with registration hours so this makes no sense. When MP is full they never shut down the lot, in fact I've sometimes gotten a spot just by cruising through right at the moment that someone is pulling out. Oh well.

MP was huge tonight as usual, and yes it goes until October 1st. I did see one 4th gen black WS6 TA, 2001 or '02. I just saw it cruise past while I was talking to someone, so I didn't really get a chance to look it over. Sounded stock, but it did seem to have a tick from perhaps a bent pushrod.

The last Skokie/Old Orchard event is on Monday. I plan to be there as well, not sure what time though.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:29 AM   #65
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Saw a Pewter WS6 TA at the Skokie show tonight, thought it might be Taprxxt for a moment but then remembered that his has chrome ZR1s. This one had stock '01-'02 Speedlines. There were some other 4th gens, but I didn't make it through the entire show, ended up talking for quite a while with a guy I hadn't seen in years. After that, most of the show had cleared out.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:06 AM   #66
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Taprxxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM WS6 View Post
Saw a Pewter WS6 TA at the Skokie show tonight, thought it might be Taprxxt for a moment but then remembered that his has chrome ZR1s. This one had stock '01-'02 Speedlines. There were some other 4th gens, but I didn't make it through the entire show, ended up talking for quite a while with a guy I hadn't seen in years. After that, most of the show had cleared out.
First time I've been back on here in a while ... winter sucks. This past week of 60-70 degree weather was nice but I didn't take the car out. Can't wait to get back out to the shows again ... it has been too long.
Taprxxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #67
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprxxt View Post
First time I've been back on here in a while ... winter sucks. This past week of 60-70 degree weather was nice but I didn't take the car out. Can't wait to get back out to the shows again ... it has been too long.
The weather has been fantastic! Mine are still in storage too, it just seemed too early in the year to call an official end to winter and get either prepped for service.

Looking forward to the on-season though.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #68
10 Second Club
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northwest side of Chicago
Posts: 3,641
Default

Ryan,

Can you explain "prepped for service?" Why do I have the feeling thats basically wipe down with micro fiber and put car in reverse to drive out of garage.

Alex
SPRAYED 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #69
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01 View Post
Ryan,

Can you explain "prepped for service?" Why do I have the feeling thats basically wipe down with micro fiber and put car in reverse to drive out of garage.

Alex
No wiping is necessary, they've been covered for the last four months.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #70
LS1Tech Co-Founder
iTrader: (34)
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 42,001
Default

I spontaneously hit some shows here and there, probably would be in my 2010 Camaro with 15's on the back:



Though my chopped '51 Merc is getting a carbed 5.3 LS, and if it runs decent I'll be driving it a lot this year:


Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:33 AM   #71
LS1Tech Administrator
iTrader: (3)
 
RPM WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lincolnwood, IL Member: #317
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Though my chopped '51 Merc is getting a carbed 5.3 LS, and if it runs decent I'll be driving it a lot this year:
Great to see you still have this one John. Didn't know it was still part of your lineup.
RPM WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone know of these cars or owners (NW Chicago suburbs) BFK86 Midwestern Members 0 07-11-2016 10:37 PM
My 1 year old daughter snowboarding. speedgoat Racer's Lounge 13 12-19-2012 04:32 PM
Rolling Meadows car show? quadd2244 Midwestern Members 7 04-04-2010 01:01 PM
Discrimination at Rolling Meadows Car show vipermike2002 Midwestern Members 31 09-08-2008 09:53 PM
Meijer 7/27? StrobinSS Midwestern Members 21 07-27-2007 01:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send