Originally Posted by bballr4567
Sold the G8.

Bought a M6 06 GTO.
Sweet what color?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rant

DO not use the Big O Tires in Bedford. Here is the complaint I sent to them.

The service that I received from the Big O Tires store in Bedford Indiana, on Saturday June 11th, apox time 1200, was less that desired. I brought in a trailer tire because I found a nail in it and it would leak down. At the service desk I asked that the tire be plugged and asked the price. The gentleman at the counter told me it would be $15 and about an hour. Everything sound good at this point.

I went and grabbed some lunch and came back to wait for it. When the technician took the tire inside I stood outside the bay doors to watch him. I was surprised that he just rolled the tire around looking at it funny and then he started asking one of the other technicians what was wrong with it. At this point I am confused because the tire is not that old. I hear the other technician tell the technician working on my tire that it looks like it has been over inflated. I am starting to wonder why they are coming to this conclusion. He then stares at it a little more then checks the pressure in the tire. He turns to the same technician he consulted the first time and says there is only 10PSI in it with a very confused look on his face. This technician tells him to air it up and he does. At this point the technician rolls the tire over to the lady that works the service counter, she just happened to be in the bay area, and starts explaining something about the tire but I could not hear them talking. She then points down at the tire to the nail that is sticking out of it. The lady goes back to the front of the store.

I make my way to the front of the store and ask the lady why they are concerned about my tire. She tells me that the technician thinks the belts inside are coming apart and causing the curved shape the tread has..........at this point I am thinking why are these people touching my tire when they don't even know that the tire is supposed to be this way. I happen to have a brand new, never been mounted on a trailer, spare tire, in the back of my truck so I take the lady out and show her that what the technician is describing is actually a normal characteristic of a tire of this kind. Why am I having to educate a tire repair facility on the characteristics of common tires? She acknowledges this and goes about her work.

I go back to standing out side the bay door to watch the repair of my tire because I have lost some faith that this place knows what they are doing, or at least the technician assigned to my tire. I see that he is removing the valve core and starts to break down the tire. I ask another technician that is walking by if they do plugs at this facility and he tells me that its an internal plug/patch that has to be applied to the inside of the tire. It has been many years since I worked in a tire shop so I cough this up to changing times. Would have been nice to know that they were going to break down the tire before hand though.

So now I am watching and waiting for the technician to mark the location of the valve stem with tire chalk so that he knows where and what orientation to mount the tire back on so it would not have to be balanced again. No such marking took place, so again the same technician that I inquired to earlier is walking by and I ask about this. He tells me that the technicians mark the tires before they are taken off so they get them back into the right location to ensure the tire is still balanced when it is reassembled. He verified what I had expected should have been done.

The technician continues on with the repair and applies the plug/patch. He then goes back and mounts the tire back on the rim and airs it up. He removes it from the tire machine and starts rolling it out the door towards me. We take it over and he puts it in the back of my truck. I thank him and he goes back to his work. I go inside the store to pay for the service and raise concern that the tire is no longer balanced. The lady at the service desk tells me she will have him balance it. I wait by my truck and they both come out. The lady tells me that he said he marked it. So I ask her to show me where he marked it so he could reassemble it correctly, she couldn't. She than looks to him and asked if he had removed the balancing weights and put them back in place. The technician states that yes he put them back on where they need to be but that he would re-balance it. If you notice no where did I mention where he removed the weights or reapply them during the service. You could also see where one of the weights had been slid on the edge of the rim, scratching it, where the tire machine had caught it. If it wasn't a trailer tire the scratches would have concerned me.

At this point I have lost all respect and faith in the service that I am being provided. The technician takes the tire back and balances it. While he is doing that I wait in line to pay for the service. When I get to the counter I am helped by the gentleman mentioned in the beginning and he rings me up, takes my money, gives me change, all while talking on the phone and barely acknowledging that I was there. I had planned at this time to raise my concern about the service I had received but couldn't. So I got back in my truck and went home.

You would think the story would stop there but it doesn't. Being **** like I am I check the tires every time before I utilize my trailer and it seems to have paid off this time. I got out my air gauge and went to check the pressure in the tire because I figure at this point there is no way they got it right. I grab the valve stem cap to unscrew it and it falls off in my hand. It was broken and just stuck back on there. Then I check the pressure and it is at 20PSI. This tire requires 50PSI while in use. If I had just mounted the tire back on the trailer and put it into use I would have blown a tire and had the possibility of endangering myself and others that are on the road.

So through out the service no where did I mention where the technician actually checked the tire for leaks. If you remember the lady from the front desk had to point out the nail in the tire. So I got out my bottle of soap and water and sprayed down the entire tire to make sure there were not any other leaks. The same way that I found that there was a nail in it in the first place. Must be my lucky day because the nail had been the only leak and the technician actually was able to accomplish the repair of this one.

I went back to the store and talked with the gentleman again and explained that the valve stem cap had been broken and the tire was under inflated. He seemed to have the knowledge about the tire and verified that it should have been put to a higher pressure and gave me a new cap.

In conclusion, The service provided by this store was inadequate and needs to be evaluated. Due to the services this store provides and the amount of people it provides to there is a very likely chance that someone is going to encounter a problem while driving that was induced by the practices of this store. I will not take another tire or buy a single tire from this store due to the lack of acurate service provided let alone drive a vehicle with tires serviced by this Big O Tires without fully inspecting them prior. I will also let every person that I know about the less than adequate service I was provided and suggest that they should not use this store.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Anyone make it down to the car show on Franklin Street today? We went late and ended up at Schmitty's(sp?)

There were some nice cars there I've never seen before. There was a nice silver Firehawk down there. It had brembo's all around. It looked like it was on sportlines, it was low. It had chrome ZR1's on it and looked great. I normally hate those wheels on Firebirds. I think because they were chrome and five stars they were "similar" to the factory wheels.

Also saw a black 4th gen Camaro SS w/ race seats that sounded really really good. I don't see too many cammed 4th gens around here.

I'm sun burnt from working in the yard all day then going down there. The beer is doing a good job right now but ask me in the morning.

I hope to get the last few parts this week to finish the audio system in my car. The sponsors on here are good but with how busy they are it takes a while to get stuff.

I called Dr. Dashboard to see how much they wanted for the PAC SWI-PS and they said 80 bucks. I decided to wait a few days and get it from Amazon for 40. I'm not in THAT big of hurry.

Speed I feel your pain. I have been to the Raben on Pearl Dr. here in town several times and I will never go back. I ended up taking my drag radial there that had a nail in it a while back because they were the only place close. They didn't mark the wheel when they took it apart so now it shakes the **** out of my car.

They told me that they couldn't figure out how to get my car on the rack because it was low.

I do have a good alingment guy here in town that specializes in 4th gens.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Who would this be???
Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

I will shoot u a pm
Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Anyone make it down to the car show on Franklin Street today? We went late and ended up at Schmitty's(sp?)

There were some nice cars there I've never seen before. There was a nice silver Firehawk down there. It had brembo's all around. It looked like it was on sportlines, it was low. It had chrome ZR1's on it and looked great. I normally hate those wheels on Firebirds. I think because they were chrome and five stars they were "similar" to the factory wheels.

Also saw a black 4th gen Camaro SS w/ race seats that sounded really really good. I don't see too many cammed 4th gens around here.

I'm sun burnt from working in the yard all day then going down there. The beer is doing a good job right now but ask me in the morning.

I hope to get the last few parts this week to finish the audio system in my car. The sponsors on here are good but with how busy they are it takes a while to get stuff.

I called Dr. Dashboard to see how much they wanted for the PAC SWI-PS and they said 80 bucks. I decided to wait a few days and get it from Amazon for 40. I'm not in THAT big of hurry.

Speed I feel your pain. I have been to the Raben on Pearl Dr. here in town several times and I will never go back. I ended up taking my drag radial there that had a nail in it a while back because they were the only place close. They didn't mark the wheel when they took it apart so now it shakes the **** out of my car.

They told me that they couldn't figure out how to get my car on the rack because it was low.

I tried to make it to the show.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Bring out your cars to Chandler on the 24th for Friday Night TnT.

Originally Posted by smiddy572
June 24th
Gates open 5:00
Program starts at 6:30
Friday night Shootout
Pro tree everyone

Open Test & Tune
$20
spectators $8

A gamblers race with qualifying

Grudge race, Gish's 1400hp small block Mustang twin turbo street car
will Run a 69 nova 555 Ci big block drag car on nitrous!!!!

Hope everyone can make it out that night
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Teching In

I made it down there. The air show was pretty cool, just wish there where more fbodies there
Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah there really weren't too many F-Bodies. I need to try and make an F body show this year. I guess they aren't that big around here. The car scene here isn't what it use to be.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

I was at a family reunion from 12-5 at Black Buggy. I didn't drive and I didn't expect to there for so long.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Hey Nathan!

Update: my buddy Brent got my car going last night. He said the converter is nastyyy.. So later today I'll be raggin on it I'm sure lol.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99_pewterZ_A4
Hey Nathan!

Update: my buddy Brent got my car going last night. He said the converter is nastyyy.. So later today I'll be raggin on it I'm sure lol.

Awsome man! Now go blow that rear end
Old 06-16-2011, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Hey Nathan!

Awesome!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

Rear end may hold up for awhile.. Lol idk tho.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

It's home! Fwiw this is at my new place.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Rear end may hold up for awhile.. Lol idk tho.
Or can take it off now and sell it to me before I pick up a 9 inch.

It's home! Fwiw this is at my new place.
Looking good
Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

A friend of mine talked to a guy driving a red SN95 Mustang this week. It's got a 351W w/ good heads and a big turbo. Put's down 6xx on pump gas and about 1025 on race gas at about 22psi.

My buddy said you can barely hear the cam and the car is nothing special to look at.

I'd cry if I raced something that fast.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Teching In

A friend of mine talked to a guy driving a red SN95 Mustang this week. It's got a 351W w/ good heads and a big turbo. Put's down 6xx on pump gas and about 1025 on race gas at about 22psi.

My buddy said you can barely hear the cam and the car is nothing special to look at.

I'd cry if I raced something that fast.
I once raced a viper in mt 93 tbird, I have a feeling running that guy would be the same kinda race
Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 PM
traveling mod

So who all is going to Ls fest in sept???
I plan on taking my truck down and doing the True street,show n shine and the cruise...
I should be as far as im gonna go with the ls1 in the silvy but it'll still be slow

Quick Reply: Southern Indiana Club