Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Southern Indiana Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard to just run the factory plug wires.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

They have lifetime warrenty and 0 ohms.

Hey LilJay, where are you doing your dyno at?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Out Of Focus
Yeah. That's the only one I can think of.

It equals like 100 octane from what I read on here. Nice alternative fuel source, better for enviroment (not that I am big on that lol)
yes there is the advantage of a little higher octane.

On the other side, you have to swap out the fuel pump, ethanol conducts electricity (unlike gas) and the internal pump can cause an explosion, You have to change out the fuel lines because some lines will be degraded by the ethanol (thats what I have been told). Then there is the tuning. This all gets pricey.

In my opinion you could just add a couple gallons of race fuel to a tank and accomplish the same rise in octane. If you are doing it just for a rise in octane I don't think its worth it.

This is just my opinion but if I am missing something that is a greater advantage please let me know.

Is it still cheaper? Depending on how much cheaper it might be worth it in the long run.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

They have lifetime warrenty and 0 ohms.

Hey LilJay, where are you doing your dyno at?
When you get them ohm them out and see if they are really 0 ohms, no offense but I am thinking that is pretty much impossible. They may be close though. The best ones I have seen are the MSD wires, but I have never tested the ones you are talking about.....
Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

With the E85, from what I have read, they don't mix it consistently. This means sometimes you can get a tank that has 104 octane and others less. If you get a tune that takes advantage of the higher octane then get a tank of gas that's **** you can start to burn stuff up. It's really no different than getting a tune for 92 octane and then running 87. Again this is just what I have read on here and have no experience with it.

I am getting my car tuned at Norris Motorsports in Indy on the 25th. I picked up a set of Granatelli spark plug wires to see if they indeed add any power.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by speedsk899
When you get them ohm them out and see if they are really 0 ohms, no offense but I am thinking that is pretty much impossible. They may be close though. The best ones I have seen are the MSD wires, but I have never tested the ones you are talking about.....

I too am skeptical. If they don't deliver what they say I will put my MSD's back on and send them back.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I too am skeptical. If they don't deliver what they say I will put my MSD's back on and send them back.
Ohm them out I would like to see what they really are. Ohm out an MSD as well if you can to compare. I can't remember what the last one I ohmed out was
Old 04-18-2011, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

yes there is the advantage of a little higher octane.

On the other side, you have to swap out the fuel pump, ethanol conducts electricity (unlike gas) and the internal pump can cause an explosion, You have to change out the fuel lines because some lines will be degraded by the ethanol (thats what I have been told). Then there is the tuning. This all gets pricey.

In my opinion you could just add a couple gallons of race fuel to a tank and accomplish the same rise in octane. If you are doing it just for a rise in octane I don't think its worth it.

This is just my opinion but if I am missing something that is a greater advantage please let me know.

Is it still cheaper? Depending on how much cheaper it might be worth it in the long run.
A greater advantage would be a move on not relying as much on oil.

Last time I saw, it was like $.30-$.40/gallon I remember right lol.

I think someone posted it was like .4 or something small like that. It is in there somewhere - https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rwhp-gain.html

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
With the E85, from what I have read, they don't mix it consistently. This means sometimes you can get a tank that has 104 octane and others less. If you get a tune that takes advantage of the higher octane then get a tank of gas that's **** you can start to burn stuff up. It's really no different than getting a tune for 92 octane and then running 87. Again this is just what I have read on here and have no experience with it.

I am getting my car tuned at Norris Motorsports in Indy on the 25th. I picked up a set of Granatelli spark plug wires to see if they indeed add any power.
That makes sense.

Ok.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Nice alternative fuel source, better for enviroment (not that I am big on that lol)

A greater advantage would be a move on not relying as much on oil.
I didn't mention that part because of your previous post haha, but yes it would cut down some.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

I didn't mention that part because of your previous post haha, but yes it would cut down some.
Oh haha
Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I will ohm them when I get them and compare them to my MSD's. I am interested to see the difference.

I thought about going E85 too but for me I didn't see much benefit for my application.

E85 was quite a bit cheaper than gas a few years ago. My wife's truck is flex fuel capable. For a while we used E-85 because the cost was worth the lack of fuel mileage. However when E85 jumped it wasn't worth it.

Which is a shame because we have more corn in this country is over ran with corn and they could produce E85 cheaper and take our burden from oil but they won't.

Yet I digress.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

E85 can also be made from sugar cane, like Brazil I believe. There also isnt enough corn here in the US to soley run off of E85, E100.

Speaking of which anyhow, what do you guys think about that recycled oil?

"If every vehicle in the U.S. were to switch to NextGen, 400 million gallons of crude oil could be saved every year - that's more than 9.5 million barrels, or enough to stretch from New York to Los Angeles and back!"
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I saw that recycled oil for the first time last week. The first thing I thought was "ehhhhhh" I don't know anything about it though.

Do they just run it threw some cheese cloth and call it new? LOL.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Me too. It's a tough call but it has Valvoline's Engine Guarantee
Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think Fire and Ice had one too. LOL.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

So anybody else interested in going to BB on the 30th?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

I see people make 600+ horsepower on factory wires all the time! I did on my TA. I think they are a waste of money but hey its my opinion right.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Wasn't yours 700+?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

As for using less oil......I have a feeling they would just raise the prices even higher for fuel if we started using less of it. Kind of a crappy situation if you ask me.

We have so much oil here in the US that we wouldn't even need to buy from anywhere else if we used it.....but then the oil companies wouldn't be making billions in profit per year!

We all get screwed while the oil tycoons get rich
Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
I see people make 600+ horsepower on factory wires all the time! I did on my TA. I think they are a waste of money but hey its my opinion right.
Speaking of your TA, you need to get running and back to your home!

As for using less oil......I have a feeling they would just raise the prices even higher for fuel if we started using less of it. Kind of a crappy situation if you ask me.

We have so much oil here in the US that we wouldn't even need to buy from anywhere else if we used it.....but then the oil companies wouldn't be making billions in profit per year!

We all get screwed while the oil tycoons get rich
The claimed biggest reason for gas prices is the value of the American Dollar. Then there is all the fighting in the Middle East and such.

We need that oil for "an emergency".

Quick Reply: Southern Indiana Club