Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Quad Cities Area members thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
Alright time to post up the track times. I saw you guys roll into town but no one was at Mcdonalds or the levee.

You get any good runs Jamie?

Whats the verdict Ryan? What times you get on/off spray? Tires hook up?

BTW, what did that black third gen with the black primer cowl hood run? I saw him cruising with #'s on the window. I swear that guy cannot drive by us without revving or punching it.

Any cars out there that surprised you?

I thought I was going to be off early because we ran out of "priority" work at about 6:30. Our supervisor made us pick stock loads to finish the shift.
I didnt personaly run anything, Effie was running the Camaro. Yeah...that didnt work to well. She regressed, her best before was a 13.8@106 and now her new best is 14.30@100 .

The only car that was really surprising was that black LT1 Z/28 from Milan. He looked like he ran some mid 11s. Very nice car.

Ben made one pass, cooked a headgasket halfway down. Had lots of fun doing that today. We got it down pretty good though. 6 hours and 45 minutes with the parts runs and waiting for Elec to show up with the super daddy torque wrench. Not too bad for a H/G swap.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Was that on the 50 shot?

I'd agree, good launch and properly functioning shifts will net you 10's.

I went out and spectated a little at the AutoX. Looks like fun, I'll probably try it out but I dont think I'll do it regularly because it's (obviously) hard on the car. I met absolut speed (Scott).

BTW, Scott did you beat that turbo miata's time?
**** i wish!!! That would mean that on the 150 i would be trapping like 140!! No, i was spraying the 150 with 104 octane. Tonight i spraying the 150 on straight 93 and still no detonation. I am going to be calling my tuner to see what he has the timing set at. At this point it seems like it's set at like 18 which with race gas i would like to see it at 21-22 or so. Still not to bad. It's really hard to take a 3900 pound car down the track!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I guess I didnt think about it too much. I guess I just thought I heard you say something about a 50 shot the other night.

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Her new best

On a side note, my clutch seems to be grabbing fine. I guess we'll see Friday night. If it smokes again it's gotta go.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Jamie you can't blame everything on Effie she might get angry, and nobody likes angry Effie, it's probably just the if you would treat better and quit jumping railroad tracks and curb checking it might go faster . I bet if somehow you got her in the drivers of that street/strip/show foxbody she'd run a full second faster. Where was the coolant coming from and how did that intake trick work?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by banshee400
Jamie you can't blame everything on Effie she might get angry, and nobody likes angry Effie, it's probably just the if you would treat better and quit jumping railroad tracks and curb checking it might go faster . I bet if somehow you got her in the drivers of that street/strip/show foxbody she'd run a full second faster. Where was the coolant coming from and how did that intake trick work?
Yes well, thankfully she doenst read this site or it would be an angry Effie.

The Intake seems to be sealing fine so far. It was actually a combination of the Intake and the Headgaskets that had issues. So I changed it all and put more torque on the studs.

I know Ive really got to start actually driving my Mustang, all those car show trophies are nice though.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Whats going on in the big city over next week? I'll be back up the Aug 10-17 if there is anything going on. Look for the 99 red Z with dump truck sounding Loudmouth and Ky plates and say hey... I met a few of you last time, I hope to be moving up there in Dec/Jan.

Chris
Old 08-03-2005, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Whats going on in the big city over next week? I'll be back up the Aug 10-17 if there is anything going on. Look for the 99 red Z with dump truck sounding Loudmouth and Ky plates and say hey... I met a few of you last time, I hope to be moving up there in Dec/Jan.

Chris
Probably nothing besides the usual cruising.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris
Hey now, I like my LM.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My plans to have my dad pick up a shifter for me when he went to Des Moines today fell through. WS6 store didnt have any in stock. Maybe I'll get to the track on a saturday before next MM. I'm going to sit out Friday though. I'm more likely to cut a better time at test and tune anyway.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

My plans to have my dad pick up a shifter for me when he went to Des Moines today fell through. WS6 store didnt have any in stock. Maybe I'll get to the track on a saturday before next MM. I'm going to sit out Friday though. I'm more likely to cut a better time at test and tune anyway.
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 08-05-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know summit doesnt charge shipping. I decided to get a pro 5.0 and they dont carry them. I'll just get one this week, I still haven't patched that tire yet either.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

You weren't in the vortech'd fox gt in moline last time were you, with the sunset orange posse?

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Probably nothing besides the usual cruising.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

You weren't in the vortech'd fox gt in moline last time were you, with the sunset orange posse?
Yeah that was me.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha....
Old 08-07-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

silver cobra that traps 112 -> <- hugger orange Z that traps 109
|_________________________________________________ ___________|
^
^
One hell of a domestic final.

It's funny when midnight mayhem has the most fast cars show up all year, it has the weakest domestic shootout. Ryan you should have stayed. It's sad when the winner of the import shootout would wipe the floor with the domestic winner. (black and white 3000gt went 11.6 at 117, the announcer told his e.t.) That was the best showing I've seen by the imports all year. Many trapping over 100, at least five trapping over 110.

Warbird, that final was yours for the taking. Too bad the man was trying to keep you down.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad I skipped out on this one: looks like I didn't miss a whole lot.

How was the track prep and weather conditions out there guys? Any good/new times?

I'm hoping the humidity and heat stay low for next Friday, the 12th, because if there's a Test and Tune that day/night, I plan on going since I miraculously got that day off work.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Track prep is great when you bring it with you.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Teching In

silver cobra that traps 112 -> <- hugger orange Z that traps 109
|_________________________________________________ ___________|
^
^
One hell of a domestic final.

It's funny when midnight mayhem has the most fast cars show up all year, it has the weakest domestic shootout. Ryan you should have stayed. It's sad when the winner of the import shootout would wipe the floor with the domestic winner. (black and white 3000gt went 11.6 at 117, the announcer told his e.t.) That was the best showing I've seen by the imports all year. Many trapping over 100, at least five trapping over 110.

Warbird, that final was yours for the taking. Too bad the man was trying to keep you down.
Hell that 3000GT was the slow import!! There was a Galant VR4 that trapped 135! Yeah i know i could have probably had the win for the night but oh well. My best trap of the night was 124.5 with one tire hooking and the other one blowing smoke through first and second. My second run kicked *** but somehow it red lighted me for deep staging! Oh well, I am going to take it easy on the car for the rest of the summer!! The clutch is letting out at the very top now and if i get into boost even off spray the clutch slips for a second then catches and goes!! It's definatley finally gone!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MystiChrome04
Hell that 3000GT was the slow import!! There was a Galant VR4 that trapped 135! Yeah i know i could have probably had the win for the night but oh well. My best trap of the night was 124.5 with one tire hooking and the other one blowing smoke through first and second. My second run kicked *** but somehow it red lighted me for deep staging! Oh well, I am going to take it easy on the car for the rest of the summer!! The clutch is letting out at the very top now and if i get into boost even off spray the clutch slips for a second then catches and goes!! It's definatley finally gone!!!
Ooooh hes crippled, time to close in on the kill.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Was the Galant VR4 black with a retarded bodykit and hood, and does it belong to the guy who runs Rev Hard Auto? (I hate that moron, btw)

Quick Reply: Quad Cities Area members thread