Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Southeast Michigan check in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doh, I was hoping I was possibly lining up an interview at another company down the road a bit. I work in ED5 Group 1, names Christian Schwier. Come by sometime, it'd be fun to meet someone else here. Wait, do you drive the red WS6 that's in the parking lot? If so I saw you leave one day but right now I'm just in my winter car.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Man, I'm doing car testing in Arizona right now and I fly back into MI on Friday...i'm not looking forward to all the snow I hear going on back home! I'll have to dig my car out of airport parking...

P.S. The NHRA races down here his weekend rocked!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Doh, I was hoping I was possibly lining up an interview at another company down the road a bit. I work in ED5 Group 1, names Christian Schwier. Come by sometime, it'd be fun to meet someone else here. Wait, do you drive the red WS6 that's in the parking lot? If so I saw you leave one day but right now I'm just in my winter car.

Nope not my car. I am waiting for my new car to get dropped off tomorrow. It was sent from TX last Monday and I will receive it between 9-12 tomorrow. I had a 98 Black WS6 here at TTC a year and a half ago. It was nice. It had a nice head and cam package plus a little more. The car ran 12.0 at 118mph. I can't wait to see what the new car will do. More Power and great looking. You have to love Fiske rims. Well, at least in my opinion.

Talk to you later,

Bill
X57179
Old 02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Hehe, another nice car in the parking lot. Sometime in mid-April a bunch of us co-ops are planning on going to Milan one night. The rest of them don't really have fast cars at all, but we're just going for fun. You're welcome to join us.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Banned

Would love to meet you guys at Milan!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Hehe, another nice car in the parking lot. Sometime in mid-April a bunch of us co-ops are planning on going to Milan one night. The rest of them don't really have fast cars at all, but we're just going for fun. You're welcome to join us.

Sounds like fun.......... I want to hit the road course this year too. With Brembo brakes and Baer cross drilled rotors all the way around it should be fun on a road course. I don't know how fast the new car will be but power wise it should be good for 11's on street tires.

I will stop over next time I am in your area.

Later,

Bill
Old 02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Hehe, I can try and convert all my friends into buying LS1's. Whenever we figure out a date I'll post it up in here.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Would love to meet you guys at Milan!
With your new converter you may hit the 12's. Do you run just straight street tires or drag radials. If you are on street tires get yourself a set of drag radials + your new converter and you may be good for 12.7s. Maybe better depending on the launch you get.

We try to send emails out to everyone before a track night. We will add your name to the list.

Take care and stay out of the snow with that car, LOL.

Bill
Old 03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm back on the roads!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm starting to see the "toys" come back out all over Metro-Detroit... I saw 2 M3s and a ZR1 on 696/75 today

I had a Dodge Dakota, CRX, Mazda Miata, and an M3 try to play too... but I behaved myself. I don't trust last October's motor oil...

Once I get the oil changed and the new clutch installed...
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Couple things to do tomorrow then mine will be on the road thursday.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ICEBOX
Man, I'm doing car testing in Arizona right now and I fly back into MI on Friday...i'm not looking forward to all the snow I hear going on back home! I'll have to dig my car out of airport parking...

P.S. The NHRA races down here his weekend rocked!
You are way too fortunate (you have a great job). Arizona prooving grounds?

BTW are you still working with Turbos?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Launching!

You are way too fortunate (you have a great job). Arizona prooving grounds?

BTW are you still working with Turbos?
Hey ActionJack, good to hear from you. No complaints about my job except that I sleep at my desk! I married my job and my car which is OK for me. Yeah, I was out at the Desert Proving Grounds in Mesa AZ. The best thing is that the roads aren't all tore up and everyone has their hot rods out already.

I went through a job transition and now work on small block car verification and calibration . I'm trying to get work to approve me going to a turbo/supercharger class so I can be the one involved in all those programs. "Why yes Mr. Manager, I most certainly can help you on your twin turbo LS7" ...now that's a line i'd love to be able to say!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

How much did it rain down in your area of AZ?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Wow these past 40 degree days feel pretty nice. I am getting the itch for Milan to open. I can't wait to see what the fireturd can do w/ the bfg dr's on. Any guestimates?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Launching!

How much did it rain down in your area of AZ?
It only rained probably 3 times while I was down there. Everyone thought they were going to get washed away but really, to someone from MI, it was no big deal whatsoever. I've never seen the desert so green! I had to laugh that some of the roads did get washed away and made for some fun mudding in the rental cars! They had crews out patching and repaving some roads...I guess they are ADOT down there - dunno. Anyway, they did a horrible job repaving the roads - probably because they don't have as much practice as MDOT!

Another side note, if anyone ever visits AZ you have to go GoKarting! There is the F1 Race Factory and Speedway that have the cool 9hp Karts governed at 45mph - good times!...a bit wierd for anyone used to just racing straight like me though...
Old 03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

I know that at TAPG the roads to and from the place got washed out repeatedly during the season, that's why I was wondering how much it rained where you are.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Launching!

I know that at TAPG the roads to and from the place got washed out repeatedly during the season, that's why I was wondering how much it rained where you are.
Now I'm going to sound dumb but what/where is TAPG? GM DPG is in Mesa.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Toyota Arizona Proving Ground, 10 mile oval baby plus all the other stuff. I'm not entirely sure where in Arizona it is though.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Well, it's official! I am now the proud (and broke) owner of FOUR GM products! We added the 2001 C5 Silver M6 Corvette to the stable. No mods yet, still trying to get used to the massive "ape hanger" stock shifter for now. Man, I thought my Camaro was hooked up right, but after carving around in the 'vette, it's like a whole new world to play in! Every corner turns into the infield track at Laguna Seca! I can't wait for some autocross now!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Toyota Arizona Proving Ground, 10 mile oval baby plus all the other stuff. I'm not entirely sure where in Arizona it is though.

So, are you going to get your car out soon? Let me know and I will bring the new car to work and we can chat. The car looks better in person that it ever could have in the pics the guy sent to me. I am taking it for its official first MI drive on Saturday depending on weather. Just a quick shake down run to see how it feels.

Later,

Bill

Quick Reply: Southeast Michigan check in!!!