Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Southeast Michigan check in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Bill, what kind of car did you actually buy? And where are you getting your car dynoed at?
Old 03-22-2005 | 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

I'll be at wdc, doin a ttop conversion, now have a cutout and will go from there.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Bill, what kind of car did you actually buy? And where are you getting your car dynoed at?
Here is a link to the ad for the car I bought. It has some nice pics on here too. Not sure if all the pics are still active?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/273184-fs-2001-z28-ss-many-mods-awesome-car-must-see.html

Going to Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn.

When are you breaking your car out?

Later,

Bill
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Nice car. I want to get a good look at the Corsa one day, I'm thinking about buying the tips and wanna see if they're worth it. I also want to see the ZO6 guages if I can sometime, thought about doing it to my car and would love to actually see them installed before hand.

I'm going home over the 3-day weekend and I might get it out then. More then likely I'll go back home again next weekend and get it then. Some relatives I haven't seen in a while will be visiting back home next weekend to so I'll probably go home anyway. Waiting a week it'll just be that much warmer.

How much is Livernois charging for a normal dyno session? I'm planning on going to their Open House but I might not want to wait that long.
Old 03-23-2005 | 06:30 PM
Banned

Hey Bill, Livernois installed my converter and did my tuning. They do good work. You're car is awesome!!!! Would love to meet up at Milan. I prefer 50 degree weather!
Old 03-24-2005 | 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Hey Bill, Livernois installed my converter and did my tuning. They do good work. You're car is awesome!!!! Would love to meet up at Milan. I prefer 50 degree weather!
Thanks for the comp. on my car. I think it actually looks nicer in person. I plan on getting the car out of storage next week.

Do you have your car on the road yet? I am thinking about getting some people to meet up a week from Satuday if you are interested? What area are you from? Let me know if you decide to head down to Milan. I may go just to hang out and watch. I am needing a couple things done before I run the car.

That is cool that you have the hard top. I wish my car was a hard top since those are more on the rare side. I am glad you were happy with your install and tune at Livernois. I look forward to seeing what they can do with mine.

Did it take a long time for them to do the work? I just hate having a car that is sitting at a shop forever.

Take Care,

Bill
Old 03-24-2005 | 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Finally got to take my car out today, WoW, did it feel good. Of course on the first turn I had to do a fish tail The snow the other day was horrible, hope it's over with. Can't waite for the meetups to begin, there is some cruizin' to be done!
Old 03-25-2005 | 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

I'm home over the weekend and got my car out. I'm not bringing it up till next weekend though. For the first 5 minutes in the car I was almost claustraphobic, I've been driving a Park Avenue over the winter, but now I couldn't be happier.
Old 03-26-2005 | 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey all, just wanted to announce the opening of a new website for Michigan FBody enthusiasts.

http://mifbody.com/

Spread the word.
Old 03-26-2005 | 07:33 PM
Banned

Hey Bill'sws6 I had a t/top Trans am and I decided when I bought the Camaro that I wanted a hard top. I dropped my car of at Livernois on a Friday and they finished it that Wednesday. So far so good! I can't go to Milan's opener on April 2 but I want to go to their Friday nite street race opener!
Old 03-28-2005 | 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

I'm home over the weekend and got my car out. I'm not bringing it up till next weekend though. For the first 5 minutes in the car I was almost claustraphobic, I've been driving a Park Avenue over the winter, but now I couldn't be happier.
I know that crampppppppped feeling. Going from my GS300 to the Camaro was tight. I took it out for a test drive on Sunday. Hit the gas from a 40mph roll and the car went sideways

I don't think the car will do that well at the strip without a pair of drag radials. I can't imagine how I could launch the thing the way it is right now.

I'm going to drive teh car to work on Wednesday. I won't start to drive it all the time for another couple weeks. I need to get a couple things done before I do that.

Let me know when you get your car here. I will stop over and check it out.

Oh Yea, LOVE the CORSA!!!!!!!

Later,

Bill
Old 03-28-2005 | 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Hey Bill'sws6 I had a t/top Trans am and I decided when I bought the Camaro that I wanted a hard top. I dropped my car of at Livernois on a Friday and they finished it that Wednesday. So far so good! I can't go to Milan's opener on April 2 but I want to go to their Friday nite street race opener!

Well, the hard top is the way to go. I wish my car was a hard top. I am trying to get a small get together some night to hang out and view some cars. If you or anyone else you know wants to get together let me know what works for you guys.

Oh, I can't wait for those summer nights!!!!!!!

Take Care,

Bill
Old 03-29-2005 | 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

So who else got their cars out this weekend? I rewelded the exhaust system yesterday and then went for a ride. Man, those chambered pipes are LOUD. I think it needs a balance tube to quiet it down a little.

I'm planning to dyno at Livernois' Open House, so I'll see people there. If you see me around the Farmington Hills area, make sure to wave.

-Matt
Old 03-29-2005 | 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bill'sWS6
I look forward to seeing your new numbers.

I am taking my car in next week to slap it on the dyno. Where are you having your tune done? Have they done any work for you before?

Good luck.... If you decide to head to Milan, let me know. I could meet you there sometime. I prefer in the 50's if at all possible. But what the hell I am just wanting to see how the new car runs.

I just found out from the previous owner that the car put down 400Rwhp/400rwtq and that was with a 2800 stall and running thru cats still on the car. So, I hope with the new setup 3800 stall and no cats to get a 410rwhp & 425rwtq. I will run it next week with the current setup and in two weeks with the new setup.

Take Care,

Bill
Well I just got the car back from APE and with my current mods and after the tune I had Max Power 318.4 @ 5700 RPM and Max Torque 322.0 @ 4900 RPM.

Here is a link to view the dyno sheet:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...24#post2681724

Link to site

Last edited by ActionJack; 03-29-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2005 | 09:53 AM
Launching!

ActionJack - I am assuming you're not too happy with your numbers. What's next on the mod list?

Oh, and you're website looks great!
Old 03-30-2005 | 11:17 AM
Teching In

Truck guy here from Manchester, MI. I hope to make it to Milan a few times this year. It will be the first time to the strip. I use to race at the motocross track all the time. 2003 black ECSB.
Old 03-30-2005 | 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ICEBOX
ActionJack - I am assuming you're not too happy with your numbers. What's next on the mod list?

Oh, and you're website looks great!

Thanks 'IceBox'

I am looking at more suspension work before taking it to Gingerman.

Then I am gonna save for a Procharger. I think that should make me happy for awhile.

But, next I want to get to Milan and beat my crappy 13.2 @ 104. Now that I have the headers and catback, and tuned I think I should be able to be in the 12s all day. I will find out for sure when I get out there.

BTW, any chance you may take a few runs at Milan?
Old 03-30-2005 | 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ActionJack
But, next I want to get to Milan and beat my crappy 13.2 @ 104.

What are your 60's? I'm running a 107 but only at 13.3. Putting some Nittos on would get me in the 12's easy but I don't want to break anything. I'm just trying to pick up my time on the top end.

I'm going to be there all the time once my car gets up here. It'll be so nice having a track 15 minutes from me I'll be there all the time until May.
Old 03-30-2005 | 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

What are your 60's? I'm running a 107 but only at 13.3. Putting some Nittos on would get me in the 12's easy but I don't want to break anything. I'm just trying to pick up my time on the top end.

I'm going to be there all the time once my car gets up here. It'll be so nice having a track 15 minutes from me I'll be there all the time until May.

I ran Nitto Drags 315/35/17's and never had a problem with breaking anything. They don't hook that hard. Well, I guess anything could happen. I was at about 380rwhp and 410rwtq and running the nitto drags on my car, no problem. This with a 3600 stall made for 1.7 60' times. I plan on getting 315/35/17 drags for the new car soon.

By the way, I decided to find a new place to dyno. The guy I knoew at Livernois left.

Let me know when your car gets here. I will head over and check it out. I had my car here at work yesterday and today. Can't wait to get it to the track.

Later,

Bill
Old 03-30-2005 | 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, but you have an auto. I've got a manual, so add traction and bad things can happen. I'll start driving my car everyday on Monday, so it'll be over near the E2 building. I assume you park over in the other parking lot?

I'm probably getting dynoed at Livernois next week when I have them put sub-frames on. After that I'm going to head to the track.

Quick Reply: Southeast Michigan check in!!!