Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

another reason never to go to lapeer again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another reason never to go to lapeer again!

I just got my trans back from liberty and wanted to test it out but I didnt want to drive all the way up to staton so I went to lapeer. As soon as I got there They told me sence I dont have a sfi bellhouseing that if I run faster then 12.99 I would have to leave.

Well my mods are in my sig and thats all I have. I made the first run on the motor and I let up earily and ran a 13.13 @ ? It sliped like a mf, I have et streets and it spun like I had street tires. Second run I left @ 3k and still spun bad, I ran a 12.97 letting up earliy. They didnt say anything so I went to make my last pass and load it back up, but then a guy in a 04 cobra oileddown the track withhis rear so we had to wait an hour. I was ready to go home buy the time I got to run so I figured wtf and turned the bottle on. I left easily and got on it. it didnt rungood at all and was spitting at first and between shifts so it was slow at 12.3@117. The lanes were clear so I tried to make one more pass but the guy came running down from the tower and told me I had to leave because the car was to fast. WTF? I know what he said but the car was never out of control or anything and I told him this was my last run of the year give me a break, but nothing. had to leave. That was the last time I will ever go to that track. I am going to go up to staton on wednesday for T&T.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

James,

Lapeer has always been a bunch of dicks, i''ve never had a good experience with them. besides take the car out to stanton, so at least the track will be prepped good. and you can run some good numbers.

btw. im the kid from flint with the black 98z and torque thrust 2's

Later,
Greg
Old 10-17-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey greg how you doing? Your bills friend right? I know I should of went to staton but with my record of breaking **** I didnt want to drive all the way up there just to make one pass (if that) and break like I have many times before. If its nice this weekend I shoud be out with it.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

huh thats weird i've been to lapeer several times the hardest they have been on me is to make sure my window was up and my helmet was on.they never checked anything?
maybe they just got busted or somthing.i ran an 11.89@124 on nitrous a long time ago and they didnt say or check anything.but anyways i'm going there on the 30th with like 4 other ls1tech members,i'll post here and let ya know how it goes.sounds like some things have changed quite a bit!!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ya I know I've run in the 11's there before and they never said anything. I dont even have a cage. I dont get it a guy with a car thats ready to fall apart and runs 10's could run all day long but someone that doestn go very often will get hit on everything. Hey good luck I wont be back there. I had the et streets on and couldnt even leave at 3k with out spinning bad so they didnt do any track prep at all.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

I never had a problem there but know people who have. Seems like they either like you or they don't.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Ive been good just trying to stay busy at work been slow for construction. still living up in midland.

yeah it is like bishop said it seems they decide wether or not they like you first, not if the car is legal or not..

Greg
Old 10-24-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice to see your still around. Mines up for the year with no new times. The clutch took a dump and started to slip in 4th on the bottle. I tired it out here by my house so I am just going to put it up. I just bought a twin disk from ebay so I'll have to see how it works.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Stanton is pretty cool about that kind of stuff and that track hooks great!! But like you said it would suck to break way up there. Do you happen to know a kid named Joel that used to have a teal '95 Z28 and now has a SOM 5.0?? He lives in Cilo.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ak na sorry dont know him. I havent been to our cruise alot this year because the cars been down. I dont remember seeing that car around eather. Sorry.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

geez, youve been through more clutches than anyone i know, hopefully the twin will work for you this time. im looking into the ls7 clutch, seems like a decent deal, that or a spec.

I think im putting my car up this weekend also..

Later,
Greg
Old 10-28-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya this is clutch #5 but this is the only one that started to slip, all the rest just broke. I recieved the twin disk and everything looks good so far. I am going to just try it in the spring and if I have a problem with it I will send it in at that time.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

me and 4 other guys are goin at 11 today.i'll post up how we did.we have 2 ws6's 2 ss's and an 04 zo6.me and adam are gonna try bfg's drag radials15" on draglites.and a set of m/t drag radials on 17's both sets are new.i gotta feeling the m/t will hook better than the 15's.it seems like they prep the track 30% of the time i've had better luck when the owner's son is there line'in em up.he prep's much better.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been kicked out of Lapeer for nothing. I ran 12.09 last year and they told me to leave. Thats when it was 11.99 for a cage. I haven't been there this year cause I can never get the car slowed down there without killing the brakes.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Addict

for those who have visted us131 motorsports park (Martin, MI) how would you compare it track prep wise to say stanton? I'm interested in trying a new track this next season and I'm looking for a place that actually can prep a track worth a darn on a regular test and tune night.

matt