Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Credit Card Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Credit Card Fraud

So I am on my wat home from the airport Friday afternoon and I get a phone call from my credit card company telling me that there has been some recent charges on my account that they would like me to verify.
So they go through about 8 charges and I tell them no over and over again then they came to 2 charges that I actually made.

All in all somone charged over $2500 to my credit card. They reason they started questioning is because whoever was making charges was using the wrong exp. date.

So they closed my account and are issuing me a new card and starting an investigation. I hope that they catch this MFer.

Right now I am so pissed.

Sorry guys I just had top vent.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

**** happens man, It's just t bad that people dont work for there money and have to steal from others...Hope it all works out for you man!!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah they need to string these people up. Wife had a similar incident the CC company caught it and knew it was not her before we ever got a bill or anything and they straightened it out well. The clue was they used it 900miles away while my wife was still using it around where we live the same time activity so far apart was obvious to them that she was not just on vacvation or something.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you getting stuck with the bill or are they throwing them out ? Hope they catch the bitch
Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Luna
Are you getting stuck with the bill or are they throwing them out ? Hope they catch the bitch
They said that from their investigation if they can prove that I didnt make the charges then I won't have to pay.If they can't prove it then I am stuck will the bill.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SgtB
They said that from their investigation if they can prove that I didnt make the charges then I won't have to pay.If they can't prove it then I am stuck will the bill.
Most are pretty good and not making you pay the bill. That's the who reason you want the Visa or MC logo on your debit card.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

damn brian i would like to snap someones neck
Old 10-30-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Moparnos
damn brian i would like to snap someones neck
bro, I was extremely pissed when it I found out. Now all I can do is hope that my CC company doesn't charge me for this I didn't buy,
Old 10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

same thing happened to me, only it was $800 before i caught it, and all the charges were like 4 states away so there was no real question, the investigation was only a formality.

hope everything works out for you
Old 10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

So I am on my wat home from the airport Friday afternoon and I get a phone call from my credit card company telling me that there has been some recent charges on my account that they would like me to verify.
So they go through about 8 charges and I tell them no over and over again then they came to 2 charges that I actually made.

All in all somone charged over $2500 to my credit card. They reason they started questioning is because whoever was making charges was using the wrong exp. date.

So they closed my account and are issuing me a new card and starting an investigation. I hope that they catch this MFer.

Right now I am so pissed.

Sorry guys I just had top vent.
Don't worry about it! You won't have to pay a dime. That's what credit cards are for. They take the risk not you.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
dug
Banned

That sucks. You probably wont have to pay for anything. Its the aggravation though
Old 10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sux but at least they caught it... I had the same thing happen to me about 2 years ago... someone racked up over 3k in charges in Japan... but the CC company took care of everything and I didn't have to pay a dime
Old 10-31-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you use the credit card at any gas stations recently? That's the main source of credit card frauds. Usually trashy people working in low-income gas stations, they get all these credit cards handed to them, all it takes is for them to get the numbers, exp, and name, and tada. I've heard numerous stories from people around town that gas stations were doing it, my exgirlfriend actually encountered a gas clerk that was stupid enough to charge $5 extra to her gas station's credit card when she went in to pay for gas, she went to the police and soon after they found out this guy was doing a lot more damage to people who gave actual credit cards.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by meissenation
Did you use the credit card at any gas stations recently? That's the main source of credit card frauds. Usually trashy people working in low-income gas stations, they get all these credit cards handed to them, all it takes is for them to get the numbers, exp, and name, and tada. I've heard numerous stories from people around town that gas stations were doing it, my exgirlfriend actually encountered a gas clerk that was stupid enough to charge $5 extra to her gas station's credit card when she went in to pay for gas, she went to the police and soon after they found out this guy was doing a lot more damage to people who gave actual credit cards.
no, the last time I used it was over a month ago....phone order from Jegs
Old 10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Retired Street Racer

That sucks man, I had someone do that to my debit card. was only $1200, and i got the money back, but the aggravation.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Two weeks ago the bastards got me. Debit MC. Which came directly out of my checking acct. to a tune of $2390.00. I was getting gas the same time an on-line purchase was being made, so the fraud dept contacted me immediately. Had to sign a paper stating that I was not responsible for the purchases. Could take a month or longer to get my money back!!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

I did some research and found out that the person said that they couldnt talk so they had to relay the telephone conversations. Then at one of the stores the person used 2 other credit cards that didnt go through before they got to mine.

Two of the store has the items shipped to the same person

Linda Faj
1184-8 Orangehill Rd.
Chipley, FL 32428

The money is being refunded by the companies.
Why is it that I found out information before my CC company??? They haven't even started investigating yet.

So I called my CC company and told them everything I know and tehy said that the charges will not be on my next billing statement.

I wish I knew someone in Florida that could go to this persons house and break their legs.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Retired Street Racer

I wish I knew someone in Florida that could go to this persons house and break their legs.
Road Trip
Old 10-31-2005, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

Good luck man! I am sure everything will clear in your favor.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Fohgehabouit