Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

West Lafayett, IN TA

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default West Lafayett, IN TA

I was on Purdue campus a couple of weeks ago for a football game and heard the baddest sounding TA ever. I am trying to find out if there is a member living in that area that has a black Ram Air so I can ask what he has done to make that car sound so amazing.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was it an LS1? or an LT1? Ive worked on or had a hand in almost every 4th gen here. There are a few Ive yet to get my hands on though, and none of them are what you describe.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Resident

I think I know who you are talking about. He's running true duals with kooks headers, H/C combo. I don't remember what mufflers he said he was using though. If it is the one I'm thinking of its a 2000 and the driver is Derick.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am not sure if it was an LS or LT. It was dark when we were going to the bars and it was coming around the corner by Harry's, the sound was awsome. It could have also been a MNB and just looked black since it was night. I am almost 99% sure I am going to do FI but this car sounded large displacement and really got me thinking.

Louis I was hoping it was your car since I know you are on this board and I could ask you what you have done to it, by the way I love my G2 springs. I was on the LG site a couple of days ago and the sway bars are not listed anymore. Do you know if they are still offered or not?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Shu
On The Tree

I've seen one here that is an LT, black, and sounds pretty nice.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Teching In

I know exactly the one you are talking about. There are actually 2 cars built very close to the same. One is black WS6 with a slush box and the other is red with a slushbox. The black one has a little bit bigger cam than the red one and has a different air induction package. I was not on the scene when they were built but I have "several" hours logged on the red one. The list of mods: FLH,lid,LS6 intake,converted to LS6 PVC system, T-body bypass, "bumpstick" is an "hotcam" from GMPP (218/227 .525/.525 112 lsa ) set of heads from LPE,160 t-stat, subframe connectors,new set of F1. The transmission was reworked with all the trimmings 5 pinoin plantarys,blue line fibers vig3200 torque converter, 11,200 GVW trans oil cooler( same as a class "A" motor home) I did all the transmission work myself and it took right at a week to complete( would have been quicker but had parts issues) This thing pulls like there is no tomorrow. I should be getting a phone call soon to line up this winter upgrades

Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only Black WS6 I know of it I8AFords Old car. 383 with a 3 speed. That had a big cam, and It did have duals. I know the car was running around here, but its been a while since I last saw it.

As for the swaybars, they should be back online. We added upwards of 1000 pics and cleaned up the site yesterday

Any of you Indiana guys looking for any sort of work done, Look me up. You wont be disappointed

Louis
Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Louis
Any of you Indiana guys looking for any sort of work done, Look me up. You wont be disappointed

Louis
To bad you weren't on campus over the summer, my cam install would probably have went smoother.

Quick Reply: West Lafayett, IN TA