Big 3
Chrysler, Ford and GM
OOOOOOOOH...my mistake

no problem Matt
Old 01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

tuff, I may know of someone who can do this. send me a pm if you are interested, i'm pretty sure that they wouold be willing to work with you on this.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well from my experience with FLP who tuned my car with a cam and bolt on tune I was satisfied Dan knows his stuff. Speed inc did my car after installing a 382 stroker using my heads from midwest engine tech I was very happy with the results I for one would use both again. 2 for 2 from here.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Marcin, I don't know you, but I'm disappointed with your shot at the 'big three' as you called them. Maybe you can be more specific about who was not happy and what role you had in their setup or something. I just think you need to be fair and not make sweeping general comments like that.
I didn't use names because I know how you and the other mods are sensitive to making any pejorative comments about sponsors, that's why I used the 'broad sweeping statements'. I could use names, but from previous experiences with reporting crappy service/products I'm pretty sure that relevant posts would be deleted, thread would be locked, I'd be banned faster than I can say 'oh snap!'

If you'd like me to fully explain myself (and I think I have a strong case and a lot of backup), we should probably make a separate thread. But if you just want to have a reason to kick me out of the board, I can carry this on in private with the peoples involved.
Let me know how you want to proceed, afterall this board belongs to you and your sponsors.

Tuff, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, completely not my intention, I was just trying to be informative and prevent you from getting your beautiful new setup broken.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

i wish i could tune my own piece of junk but i have no idea what to do with pcm tuning as i grew up builiding carb engines. i dont have a lot of money right now as i am off work for a couple months but i am going to the shop that gives me the best deal. i have been quoted a great price by one of our sponsors
Old 01-19-2006, 11:07 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

By no means was this a beatup session on who is the best tuner.I really wanna find a shop that can dynotune and give my car 100%.Maybe i should change the post title. Every shop likes a fast car with there name on it Who's it gonna be?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Banned

Tuff & SgtB..... you both have offers

RedHardSupra.... just leave it alone, as it seems you do like to shuffle things up on people to look better for yourself. I do appreciate you being somewhat professional and not posting stuff that I am confident to say you don't know full details on.

as mentioned every tuner has his opinion and ways of doing things and it should be left at that

thanks and Happy Friday to everyone
Old 01-20-2006, 08:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Speed Inc will be tuning my cer. Forged 347, 13:1 Compression, Victor Jr and Holley 1000 CFM TB, ETP 225 heads........

Jim has done a lot of tuning on my car. He can do it again. SD as well.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
RedHardSupra.... just leave it alone, as it seems you do like to shuffle things up on people to look better for yourself. I do appreciate you being somewhat professional and not posting stuff that I am confident to say you don't know full details on.

as mentioned every tuner has his opinion and ways of doing things and it should be left at that

thanks and Happy Friday to everyone
No, I was trying to be civil, profesional, and not an a-hole, but it looks like speed inc and speed inc sponsored board owners already have 'resolved' this without ever hearing (and not being interested either) my side of the story.
So now that you've proven what I was already afraid of (your ignorance and corporate greed) I'm gonna forego being civil for the sake of being informative, exercise my first ammendment rights, and let the people decide if I have a point or not.

I'll write on this topic later.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

so I again ask to just leave it alone and it will be done

or

as you know you have the right to do what makes you feel good
Old 01-20-2006, 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Have you ever seen the Sponsor Feedback Forum? We have one big rule in there, no second or thirdhand reporting of a problem. Otherwise we end up having trolls posting up stuff like "well my buddy's buddy had his engine lock up and blah blah blah" and it just does not work. Posting something in here like "avoid these three big shops" is not cool for the simple reason that newbs might take your comments as seriously as they might take a long time scene member's comments. That's where I have problem with your comments; I want first-hand experience comments.

Speed Inc. has tuned my car from when it was a iron block 422ci (472rwhp, 2001) to it's 2005 combo (754rwhp, YSi, C16, 348ci, T400). And I hope 2006 brings 1000rwhp with a custom turbo setup.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't own these cars, but i sure as hell did a lot of fixing(tuning) on them, after going through multiple shops sometimes. is that first hand enough to talk about it? myself i had a bad issue with my own mail tune, so i definitely could talk about that. so can i publish my findings or you guys are still gonna assume things and put words in my mouth (like the ******* line--read the full statement please!) without me saying anything specific yet?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:31 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Jim "hacked" my car into being one of the highest dynoing stock headed 231/237 cammed cars in the country when that cam first came out. I even had TSP more or less offer me a free T-Rex cam to try out in my car. They do a nice job.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

if you have a fix for issues that other have with tuning...I give you props for that.

I can't stop you from making statements, but there is no need to....thats the point I am trying to make.
I understand you are a tuner and to make a sweeping statement as you call it by saying you will not hack like others is like a sponsor going on another sponsors board saying ....

hey we can do better, we have fixed their crap etc.etc..come to us, we are the best

This is not professional and if you plan to do business it won't work for you...trust me.

now just drop it already and move along

this is over with

thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Tony (Family Sedan) tune mine, and I am very happy with it. He is going to tune it again soon for some changes I made. I like the fact he is not a shop so he has nothing to gain by giving me a slow tune to sell me parts. I have heard of that happening and since I wasn't the "victim" I won't pass on names.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

is such a thing as a slow tune..common

I find that a hard to believe statement. I don't think any shop would ever leave power on the table and make there tune look off. I speak for all shops and if that is the case they would be stupid.

The only way to go faster off a good reputable tuners tune to another is to be more aggressive and unsafe. I know there are tuners who like to put things on the edge for that dyno bragging number.

We ourselves don't see it worth it and will always tune a car to max potential with very safe timing and A/F.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:13 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

What I heard was cars were being tuned in such a way to reduce power (maybe rich, or low timing, I dunno) so as to boost sales of parts for said shop. Makes sense to me. Then after installation of said part(s) the tune could be made right and the car would indeed make more power, thus making the shop and tuner look good for recommending whatever part. But like I said, this is a rumor as far as I'm concerned, although I trust my source. I will not say names because I do not have first hand experience.

Tony did an excellent job for me, and I'm sure any of the listed shops can do a good job too. For me the deciding factor was distance, as Tony drove 3 hours to my house and tuned my car and drove 3 hours back. I won't mention price for his sake but it was less than I was quoted by any shop I talked to, including drive time. He is coming back to tune it again for my new nitrous system and I am paying him more than he quoted because frankly he was too cheap. You might as well call it an 8 hour day for him to drive here, tune, and drive home. Hell, he even helped me install my new injectors when he tuned it the first time!

I really couldn't get my car to a northern Il shop without taking a full day off work and being gone from 6 A.M. till who knows when. No one wanted to do a saturday tune and leaving the car up there was time and cost prohibitive.

I've heard plenty of good things about Speed Inc and will most likely have them build and install a new motor in my car when I finally make my mind up what I want (or blow this one up). I have purchased some parts from them and have had good service too.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Retired Street Racer

I am gonna close this thread because I can see it is going south. Mike(tuff) PM me and we can talk about tuning. You can't go wrong with any of the local tuners here in Chicagoland. They all know what they are doing otherwise they wouldn't be employed. I have had tunes in my car from Speed Inc and Straightline Peroformance and I was happy with both. Nowadays it seems like you only hear about the bad things coming out of shops rather than the good. Some people are going to make mistakes. It's human nature. But don't dwell on them to make yourself feel better.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Larry, you have a voicemail at the shop