Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK
View Poll Results: Which Friday Night Midnight Madness would you like for us to meet on?
April 28th
33.33%
June 16th
44.44%
July 21st
27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

2006 IRP Street Legal Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:05 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JRracing
I plan on going to the Thursday night deal rather than Tuesday.
With the U.S. Nationals fast approaching, there are no events scheduled for this week. The pros are out there for testing today and tomorrow.

More here: http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ap...5262&zoneid=96
Old 09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone going this week???
Old 09-19-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i will be there without car, buddies honda will be there with N2O hahah!!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

I did not go tonight. Saving the car for tomarrows track rental at Muncie. I will post up my results. I'm looking for a new best with new set-up.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:49 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by JRracing
I did not go tonight. Saving the car for tomarrows track rental at Muncie. I will post up my results. I'm looking for a new best with new set-up.

You did not miss out, it got cancled...

Old 09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
'Bird Director

The weather looks promising for this week's Tuesday night.....if my girl doesn't call with "better" plans I'm planning on going out there after work. I haven't been to the track to race since May
Old 09-25-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i plan on being there. anyone interested in buying the car can watch it go 12.3s all night on an unprepped track.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:44 AM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by s346k
i plan on being there. anyone interested in buying the car can watch it go 12.3s all night on an unprepped track.
I'll be there too. Gilmore Girls is on television tonight, so I'm headed to the track now

Sean, I didn't know you were trying to sell your car?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Launching!

i might be out tonight
Old 09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
JUICED96Z

Well a buddy of mine was out there on radials and kicked the rear end out on about every run and could not get traction for anything and it was packed I hear....

Glad I stay away from street nights.....

Heard Tim was out there with his white supra talking trash....

Im not heading back out there till next year and on a prep night at that lol.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:02 AM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Well a buddy of mine was out there on radials and kicked the rear end out on about every run and could not get traction for anything and it was packed I hear....

I had a few guys tell me of traction issues, but my car actually was hooking quite well. It's too bad that I got stuck in traffic, and wasn't patient enough to let the car cool down. Plus the driver was a little out of practice

Yep, it was pretty busy out there.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well a buddy of mine was out there on radials and kicked the rear end out on about every run and could not get traction for anything and it was packed I hear.
my car 60'd 1.66 and 1.71 in the right lane, and 1.78/1.70 in the left lane. i think the track was doing pretty good for what it is. i don't have a magical setup either...i guess knowing how to set your car up makes a difference, eh?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
'Bird Director

my car 60'd 1.66 and 1.71 in the right lane, and 1.78/1.70 in the left lane. i think the track was doing pretty good for what it is. i don't have a magical setup either...i guess knowing how to set your car up makes a difference, eh?
I think a lot of times a guy will buy all these fancy parts, and then get in over their head with adjustments to make it all work together. To quote someone else that I don't remember right now...."Sometimes simple is better".

I only made two passes (13.22 & 13.24). When I made my first pass and the tires didn't spin off the line, it kind of took me by surprise. The very same thing happened with the second pass. I guess I was just being a little over cautious since I wasn't sure how the new wheel & tire sizes would work out. Next time I'll be ready to give the car hell
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
317indy

There where 10 and 9 second cars out there doing just fine. Why wouldnt your car do good? There were a few 11 second FBodies out there along with a few fast notches.

As long as I have known Tim, he doesnt talk any kind of trash. In fact, he is one of the nicest guys out there and willing to answer anyones questions with a humble attitude. His White Supra did 10.6 @ 136 BTW.

As Ive stated, there was more than enough "prep" out there last night...

Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
317indy

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I had a few guys tell me of traction issues, but my car actually was hooking quite well. It's too bad that I got stuck in traffic, and wasn't patient enough to let the car cool down. Plus the driver was a little out of practice

Yep, it was pretty busy out there.
I seen your car out there, I loved everything...minus the wheels. They didnt flow with the car in my opinion. I think I took a few pics of your car, not sure...

Last edited by 317indy; 09-27-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:38 AM
317indy

Old 09-27-2006, 11:49 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by 317indy
There where 10 and 9 second cars out there doing just fine. Why wouldnt your car do good? There were a few 11 second FBodies out there along with a few fast notches.

As long as I have known Tim, he doesnt talk any kind of trash. In fact, he is one of the nicest guys out there and willing to answer anyones questions with a humble attitude. His White Supra did 10.6 @ 136 BTW.

As Ive stated, there was more than enough "prep" out there last night...

You hear differnt things from different people

A buddy of mine was out there in his formula and another in his 6 speed Z and they both were saying it was slick out there and the best 60 they cut was a 2.1
After racing at IRP on a street night at racing on a VHT day I would just rather not go back on a street night even with the ET streets. From what my 6 speed buddy is saying I doubt he will go back and he was on stickies also.

I found out my car has been running rich all year as in really rich and I only got a code every now and then and not for very long, now it just stays on and its from my torn up intake elbow. That and my car almost hit the wall at the 60 mark last time I was there on street night LOL

Like I said, everyone has different opinions about everyone.

Tim posted two races on the net when he raced Dougs Viper in the black Supra.
In the second video it shows the mods before Supra Bob (people have opinions about him but he is a cool guy) started the race and it said Doug had heads/cam and a 200 shot. Doug DOES NOT have heads and cam and did NOT have a 200 shot. It was a 125! I have riden in his car and seen what he has done to it and it does not have any of that.
That was kinda shady lol, saying you beat a car that had another 75ish shot of juice and heads and cam when it was near stock and on street tires I think also lol. I think that got more then a few people ticked off at Tim and I can understand why lol.

In your 6th pic what did that black LS1 Z run? That looks like his brothers car in front of him. I have been wanting to run him for a while now untill the car took a poop.

What did the pewter B4C run with the true duels and bigs stall ect ect?

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 09-27-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
317indy

Well, I made the video. Doug was not on a ***** 125 shot(At the photo shoot that night he said it was a 200 Shot of nitrous). They keep trying to play that lie. They say that 01 Vipers cant handle but 75 per bank, and thats a lie beacuse there are countless Vipers out there on stock bottom ends running 200 shots. The video was discussed and true, he doesnt have a cam, he has head work, roller rockers, nitrous and maybe a few other things.

The Camaro has a TH400 and nitrous, the Pewter car I Believe is S346K...

Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
JUICED96Z

Made some calls and found out he does have head work but when you don't have headers it does not really matter lol.

My bad on that

BUT its not true if it has mods listed that it does not have IE CAM!
And I know for a fact it was not on a 200.

The car IS on a 200 shot NOW because he is wanting to blow it up before winter hits. He jetted it up like a month or less ago. He had it at a 125 before that because he did not want to blow it up and have it sitting all summer before he ships the car out.

His year viper will not handle a 200 shot very long because his year has the soft pistons, the others don't. He also has the stock fuel pump. I was there at winged warrior with him when he asked the other guy with the blown 01 viper and they said that theirs blew up on a 200 shot with the stock fuel pump but was fine for a very lint time on a 125 shot.
Im sure the others you speak of did not have a stock pump and all that or are all 01's.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 09-27-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
JUICED96Z

Well they were both stock rear suspension cars so I doubt that helps, the 6 speed car needs suspension bad!

1.66, stall and stickies I take it? My best on streets is a 2.1 but they are no name 235's...... and thats with suspension lol. Once I get these pro stars on this winter that will change

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 09-27-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 IRP Street Legal Schedule