Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anybody here ever been to "Auto Specialty of Lafayette Performance"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody here ever been to "Auto Specialty of Lafayette Performance"?

I'm thinking of taking my car to these guys to get duals put on, but I'm just wondering if anybody here has ever been there before and has any good/bad thoughts about it? It's in Lafayette IN. The website is http://www.autospecialtyperformance.com/. Thanks
Old 09-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

Greg is the ***** man he did the true duels on mine & Stripped SS cars. He does great work. He just put my gears in for me Greg knows what is going on.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 AM
12 Second Club

That sounds good . I was wondering about it because when I went to talk to him he was telling me that I would be better off putting a Y and catback on than true duals because they scavenged better. That was before I had done anything to my car but a lid. He told me that doing that and "porting the egr" was all I could really do cheaply to give me some performance. So it sounded to me like he wasn't sure about what was good for F-Bodies(he did know enough about them to tell me that he would only be able to fit a 2.5" pipe over the axle, without going under it and looking. actually he told me that on the phone), but all I really care about is what kind of work would be done if I took it there to them, cause i would already know what I would want done. So I guess it sounds like he knows what he's doing though once you tell him what you want done . Looks like I'll be going there if I want to get the duals done.

Just curious, does that mean you live around here in lafayette?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

I would call Gilliand Motors on Sagamore Parkway too. He's a good guy and does good work. Good prices too. He has a TA that they built (runs 8's I think). They fill Nitrous and stuff now too. Worth a call.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

That sounds good. Where on sagamore parkway are they located? I haven't ever heard of them.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Do they work on mustangs there.?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

GM works on anything.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Hey, any of you who have been to GM, do they charge for looking at your car to ee what they could do? I have an appointment on sat. for them to go drive with me for a bit and then lift it up and take a look at what they could do, but I forgot to ask if they charged to do that.

And I guess no duals from them.. . He said it isn't possible, or at least not worth it for the money since it would require so much special fabbing. Oh well, i guess as long as the rasp goes away I'm happy.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Speedmonster185
Hey, any of you who have been to GM, do they charge for looking at your car to ee what they could do? I have an appointment on sat. for them to go drive with me for a bit and then lift it up and take a look at what they could do, but I forgot to ask if they charged to do that.

And I guess no duals from them.. . He said it isn't possible, or at least not worth it for the money since it would require so much special fabbing. Oh well, i guess as long as the rasp goes away I'm happy.
can't say for sure. I would call them back and ask.

I took my DD there last week to check the exhaust, a rear wheel bearing and oil change. He had it all day and called me back. It needed a cat. and he couldn't see anything wrong with the wheel bearing. Only charged me for the oil change. I have to make another appt. to do the cat. if I want to.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

Were up by Ft wayne if you care to make the drive. For long tubes/exhaust we shut the codes off via EFIlive.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

How much would you charge to do a dual setup over the axle with borla round mufflers? All I think I need is 2.5" piping, and I can buy the mufflers and bring them to you if you can't get them there. Let me know. I would consider driving to Ft. Wayne to have that done if it's better than the shops here. Plus I have family over there that I could visit while its being worked on .
Old 03-02-2007, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Speedmonster185
How much would you charge to do a dual setup over the axle with borla round mufflers? All I think I need is 2.5" piping, and I can buy the mufflers and bring them to you if you can't get them there. Let me know. I would consider driving to Ft. Wayne to have that done if it's better than the shops here. Plus I have family over there that I could visit while its being worked on .
Give us a ring, im sure we can come up with something for you. For an over the axle setup, you will need and aftermarket panhard bar (BMR,SPOHN,UMI).
Old 03-02-2007, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

anyone use their dyno service?? I'm thinking of trying it out.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brandtdavis
I would call Gilliand Motors on Sagamore Parkway too. He's a good guy and does good work. Good prices too. He has a TA that they built (runs 8's I think). They fill Nitrous and stuff now too. Worth a call.
LOL..that car doesnt run 8s..that is my old car and I had it Built..I dont think it has had much charged to it..other than brakes..it may have the same tires on it that I had..I see it every day..And it looks like **** with those graphics on it...the car is slower now with the auto than it was with the M6..I hope he has done somethings to it cause it was kinda messed up..it needed a different cam in it
Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brandtdavis
anyone use their dyno service?? I'm thinking of trying it out.
i have been on it..it is a mustang dyno..
i had my 02 Z M6 on it ,,with a lid and corsa it made 311hp and 339 to
Old 03-03-2007, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by I8AFORD
i have been on it..it is a mustang dyno..
i had my 02 Z M6 on it ,,with a lid and corsa it made 311hp and 339 to
Did they let you stay and watch or did you have to drop it off? graphs or just numbers, etc. I am wanting to get some numbers and then get a tune and see just how much the tune does for me.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by I8AFORD
LOL..that car doesnt run 8s..that is my old car and I had it Built..I dont think it has had much charged to it..other than brakes..it may have the same tires on it that I had..I see it every day..And it looks like **** with those graphics on it...the car is slower now with the auto than it was with the M6..I hope he has done somethings to it cause it was kinda messed up..it needed a different cam in it
ok I've never seen the car run. I thought someone told me that it was that fast. still a good shop IMO.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

i ran the car on the dyno

u can get a graph also

Last edited by I8AFORD; 03-03-2007 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Anybody here ever been to "Auto Specialty of Lafayette Performance"?