Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Front plate on scratch guard A loophole?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front plate on scratch guard A loophole?

I saw a T/A with the front license plate on the scratch guard below the bumper(southwest chicago suburbs). If you **** off a cop, they will give you a front plate ticket on top of whatever they pulled you over for. I don't dig the front plate on the bumper, like most people, but if you have it on the scratch guard, technically you have a front plate and can get out of that ticket, right? Measely 55 bucks, but may be able to say that a cop had no reason to pull you over since everything was legal. **** the POLICE, but worth doing?? ...Or just drawing attention, you can barely see it, especially if lowered.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been thinking about doing this.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is a scratch guard? are you talking about the air deflector and directs air into the radiator under the nose of the car? If that is it its still illegal. the law states the plate has to be a certian height from the ground. my buddy was all **** the police and tried that.. he still got tickets and with the plate there it just makes the car look like there is somehitng broken or stuck under the car.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

its not a scratch guard, its the air dam, it forces air to your radiator, with out it your car will over heat

anyways, the plate wont work there. I had gotten a ticket for no front plate and asked an Aurora cop about it. He said that it has to be displayed on the bumper at the front most part. I asked him about putting it on the dash in the window, he said no that wont work either. He pretty much said either put it where its supposed to go, or don't put it anywhere. Putting it somewhere where it doesn't belong just draws attention to the fact that its not where its supposed to be.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
Putting it somewhere where it doesn't belong just draws attention to the fact that its not where its supposed to be.
That's what I was afraid of, I guess it's back to dodging pigs to save money on car insurance. Too bad, thought maybe the judge would see things my way for once. Still won't put on the plate 'cause it makes the front look like ****, despite the vanity plate.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TryingT/A
That's what I was afraid of, I guess it's back to dodging pigs to save money on car insurance. Too bad, thought maybe the judge would see things my way for once. Still won't put on the plate 'cause it makes the front look like ****, despite the vanity plate.
well you got it easy, you already got a bracket built into the bumper, i went out and bought a second grill with a bracket on it.

its simple to get out of, leave it off, get pulled over, get your ticket, then put the plate on, take some pictures, go to court, show pictures, get ticket thrown out. well thats how it went for me, yea its a waste of time, but i didn't have to pay anything.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
its simple to get out of, leave it off, get pulled over, get your ticket, then put the plate on, take some pictures, go to court, show pictures, get ticket thrown out. well thats how it went for me, yea its a waste of time, but i didn't have to pay anything.
****, if it were that easy I would just keep a picture on hand with the plate on. The cop almost always shows up to court then says WTF. But if the cops can lie to the judge, why can't I?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

I got a ticket in Orland.. I was on my way to work driving normal and cop busted a U like he was in high speed pursuit.. I got a $75 ticket and he checked the must appear in court box because he mustve been a ****** idiot.. Anyways , went to court , showed chick judge I had front plate on car and got a $75 check back in the mail.. Id personally run the plate , even though it does look like ****. If they pull you over for that , chances are theyll snoop around the car more for loud exhaust , tint , etc..
Old 12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TryingT/A
****, if it were that easy I would just keep a picture on hand with the plate on. The cop almost always shows up to court then says WTF. But if the cops can lie to the judge, why can't I?
the picture is just proof that you fixed the situation. just in case, i took two pictures, both with the dates to show that the plate was put on after being pulled over, that way they can't saying anything about it being an old picture

Quick Reply: Front plate on scratch guard A loophole?