Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

My dad is a car douche

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dad is a car douche

Just venting a little. Well my dad finished his 68 malibu and offered it to me since Im still rolling around on a skate board. He then proceeded to trade the car +$ for a modded Viper. So now he's got a Viper, Mustang, 2 Bikes and is in the process of aquiring a 69 Camaro. I asked if I could have the stand and he laughed and asked what he would drive on shitty days...
Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. it's called a job man! i never got a car handed to me either. oh yea, it's also called life.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Have pics of the 68 bu? It would be nice to get a free muclecar, but think of the satisfaction you will get from buying your own instead of having one handed to you. Ok I guess I would rather take the free one but....
Old 01-17-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Ive known the virues of jobs and money. Right now Ive fallen on harsh times, had a LS1 TA that got repoed cause I got laid off and cant seem to get into another job. Ive built all my cars or paid for them.

My dad is just kindve a bag, he makes over 90k a year and hasnt ever given me anything. He also apparently didnt pay child support for over 10 years so I figured I was due. lol

Only good thing is he goes out of town alot and I know where he hides his keys.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by green28
Have pics of the 68 bu? It would be nice to get a free muclecar, but think of the satisfaction you will get from buying your own instead of having one handed to you. Ok I guess I would rather take the free one but....
No he finished it without my knowledge but we have a non SS model that he's finishing to sell I'll be sure to post that one cause I think he only wants 6k.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalanche
I got laid off and cant seem to get into another job.
I wish I could give you my job. And I would, just as soon as I get that damn winning number on the mega millions game. I get closer every time.

Jobs suck. But money is good. It's a hard choice between the two. And damn it I seem to keep picking money every time!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I wish I could give you my job. And I would, just as soon as I get that damn winning number on the mega millions game. I get closer every time.

Jobs suck. But money is good. It's a hard choice between the two. And damn it I seem to keep picking money every time!
I agree. Im also a college student with a fucked up schedule which makes the money part hard. Hopefully when I graduate I can build something awesome enough to slap him in the face with.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mother makes over $120k a year and I don't see any of it either. I have a full time job, go to school full time, and have other bills (car payment, car insurance, cell phone, etc) It does suck at times but you just gotta get through it.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Every now and then the rents help me out and im very greatful for it...
Old 01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never been handed anything, save for the occasional birthday $$$ or x mas, but when you work for it, it comes with a certain respect that is priceless. It may suck having to work alot, and it sucks that you may never have "exactly" what you want (TT Viper please), but being able to say you did it yourself will impress people more than the material items themselves.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

ill take the malibu since your soo dissapointed in gettin something from him. be grateful that he is giving you somethin in return for all the shitty diapers and whining you gave him as a lil one
Old 01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ski23
ill take the malibu since your soo dissapointed in gettin something from him. be grateful that he is giving you somethin in return for all the shitty diapers and whining you gave him as a lil one
Maybe you missed the part where he said he's not getting anything.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by b00sted
Maybe you missed the part where he said he's not getting anything.

and where his dad didn't pay child support for 10yrs, so must be seperated/divorced = probably minimum to no diaper changes.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

guys cmon. time to man up.

i grew up poor as a church mouse, i put myself through college with much help from student loans, and i suffered like crazy for a few years after college. but now 8 or so years later at 34 i make just under 90k a year.

the plain and simple truth is you shouldnt bitch that your parents dont give you things to play with after you get old enough to realize you are plenty capable of getting those things yourself. your dad probably worked pretty hard to get what he's got, and you should do like he did and make it happen for yourself.

you most likely wont be making 6 figures right out of college and have a brand new z06 when you are in your 20's. its really not that big of a deal, the stuff like that comes around faster than you realize...
Old 01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Originally Posted by TS6
I have never been handed anything, save for the occasional birthday $$$ or x mas, but when you work for it, it comes with a certain respect that is priceless. It may suck having to work alot, and it sucks that you may never have "exactly" what you want (TT Viper please), but being able to say you did it yourself will impress people more than the material items themselves.
I used to think this way as well. I did things the hard way, no college, no money from family, no rent free living after age 19, etc. Everything I own, I bought myself. I've done alright I guess, all things considered. I don't make a fortune in my line of work and I probably never will, but I make enough to live a decent life.

But these days, after working my *** off for many years now, I've decided that at this point in my life the money itself is more important than working hard to get it. If I can get it an easier way, that's fine by me. I've already spent enough years at jobs I don't like, working plenty of 12-16 hour days + weekends, working through vacations, etc. I've already learned the value of money, and I don't need to work hard anymore just to appreciate it. I'd rather see my money work for me now, through both traditional investing and also (hopefully) a little luck gambling. That's why I budget a certain, small amount of money for gambling now. If I can win my way to riches, beleive me, I will appreciate it just as much as if I worked for it. No, actually I'll appreciate it more because then I'll have TIME to enjoy it, rather than being at work so damn much.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 01-17-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I paid for college and never got a car either. I now have 3 kids and they know the value of work and reward. I make over 6 figures as well. I earned what I have and will let my kids do the same.

Maybe it's harsh, but make your own way. Look at your bith certificate. It says nothing about an easy paid for life. You get what you put in. Yeah there is some luck to it but set goals and go do it.

Build your own life and treat the next generation as you see fit. Maybe you will give your kids a car or maybe you will let them struggle to work for it.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,204 Likes on 772 Posts

How old are you Avalanche?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
How old are you Avalanche?
Im 23, after all the responses and looking back on my own complaining Ive come to a realisation that I need to solve my own problems. I actually finally Ive mentioned it to a few people on here but I finally finished the book I was working on. I think its time to start doing what I can and apparently the quickest route to what I want is to write. LS1tech therapy for car guys, lol.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also quick question, I was offered a trade for one of the PS3s I was trying to get rid of. PS3 for LT1 motor, apparently the motor needs to be gone through but I was wondering if this was a balanced trade? I dunno how much an LT1 is worth so I figured Id ask. Might as well do some of that work you're all so fond of. lol
Old 01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by Avalanche
Also quick question, I was offered a trade for one of the PS3s I was trying to get rid of. PS3 for LT1 motor, apparently the motor needs to be gone through but I was wondering if this was a balanced trade? I dunno how much an LT1 is worth so I figured Id ask. Might as well do some of that work you're all so fond of. lol

I would be more worried with finding a job.

Im 23 and after reading this thread feel VERY mature lol.

Father and mother both make good money, never had anything given to me. Father has a very nice and rare Turbo Porsche in the garage, he keeps the keys by the phone, have never thouched them or the car when I did not ask. Only driven it once.

Time to grow up, get a stable job and keep your own toys. I am 23 and have a beater and a fast car AND STILL IN SCHOOL.

I am in school for aircraft maintenence. Thats what my father does, he told me when I graduate he will by me enough tools and a box to get started but not all of them that I will need. Its the first big thing I have ever had given to me by anytone in my life.

Quick Reply: My dad is a car douche