Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Outlaw= Barf

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 03:31 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When people bitch/complain or become frustrated with customer service or work time frames, please remember things:

1. There is always more then 1 side to a story.

2. also its middle to end of winter, this is the time when are shops are busy and everyones wants their car done now. Be patient

3. a shop can not possibly make every customer or potential customer happy

A busy shop is a good shop, its the empty shops you want to stay away from![/QUOTE]

Very good points, but giving someone money, getting crappy service, left on hold 10+ minutes when you tell them you're on your cell at work, not returning calls, not getting specs you need and then never getting parts when they tell you, you will. Then when you get tired of being screwed over & fire them, and they keep your money only has 1 side. The customers side is the only side. If you can't deliver, you make it right to them, within reason, no matter if it's easy or not to you.

I also believe you have every right to honestly tell anyone you want what they did. Without being ripped by hanger on's & wanna be's that don't have any business opening their mouth's. Trust me the sponsor that ripped me off, has lost dozens of projects from people that trust me. I've been around a long time, I get calls, & notes every week asking me for info.
I don't care how busy you are, cheating even one customer spreads a long long way in this hobby. It will catch up to you.

Last edited by mrdragster1970; 01-25-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats very true too!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

go bears!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by JZHeyde
It still comes down to communication fellas!!!!

If there is a wait say so, if you cant handle the work say so. You cant leave customers in the dark. They can, and will, take their business else where. The customer does not HAVE to do business with you.

Im not taking sides, just looking at this from the outside. If I didnt call one of my customers back I could lose you. All it takes is 20-30 minutes at the end of the day. Master communication and you will be rewarded with a profitable business.

-Jamin
but the guy knew it would be mid febuary til he got the car in. yet he is complaining about it. thats what stumps me.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88monte
but the guy knew it would be mid febuary til he got the car in. yet he is complaining about it. thats what stumps me.

that's what i'm trying to figure out too??? i have yet to do biz with Tony, but i've spoken to him numberous times and he's returned every message i've left with him. i have no doubt that i'll be doing biz with him once i complete a few other things i'm doing with the car right now. when i'm ready to have my head/cam pkg installed & my new clutch, he will get the call!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Matt D
If it is anything to you, I have been waiting months for FLT to build me a transmission. They are super busy & backed up. Am I pissed, nope. I will wait for it. Sometimes when you want quality work, you have to wait a little while longer.
Agreed!

When I bought the FLP transmission for my WS6 back in '03, I had called for it in the begining of August and Chuck couldn't have a unit ready + install time till the end of September. But I was told this up front, and it was well worth the wait! When the day came, the trans was ready as promised and they installed it that same day for me while I waited.

I'd much rather have a shop make me wait 1-2 months, tell me up front, and actually be ready for me at that time then tell me 2-3 weeks and keep pushing me back. IMO.

Seems like Chuck always has a long waiting list for transmissions. And there is a reason why.....because he is the BEST.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Hey guys,

I do completely agree with you. I am not understating outlaw by any means. I havent used them and most likely wont, only because Speed Inc is 2 minutes from my house. I dealt with Tony WAY WAY WAY back and he was a stand up guy. I am just trying to give some advice/opinions on my own experiences. I realize there is always two sides to EVERY story and most times people are too quick to place blame.

Maybe everyone just needs to take a deep breath?

-Jamin
Old 01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Tenured Member

Guys Im not making excuses up with anyone, Im admitting to not getting back and I apologize. The only thing I didnt understand is why hes bashing me when I had told him there is nothing I can do till Feb. Either way everything will be back in order once this storm blows over and we get things cleaned up here on LS1tech.

PSJ, check your pms again.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:29 AM
JUICED96Z

I was told after the first of the year, was never told Feb. I told Outlaw just to get back to me after the first of the year.

I WOULD NOT be posting this if I was told Feb and said ok to that because then I would look like an idiot.

I have had FAR better customer service in two PM's and one phone call from Mike at Straightline then I have in the many PM's and calls to Outlaw.

Tony, you say you are a small shop. You have at least a few LS1tech guys that have a problem with you and how the shop does things and have posted on it. How do you plan to become a larger shop with customer service that sucks donkey nuts if you ask me? Sorry, but its the truth.

If you ask me I have found THREE count them THREE shops on this site that have GREAT customer service THREE, two in IL one in IN. Keep in mind I have not talked to them all.
I have had one shop drop the ball as bad as Outlaw on a part I got. I PM'd them about it very ticked off and got a very nice Im sorry PM back from them and since customer service has improved when I contact them.

WAS NEVER told Feb or I would not be posting this. Told them to get back to me after the first of the year!
The other guy that posted in here had a few grand, I have a few grand.... SHEESH.

From what dragster said (not directed to him):
One or two customers IS A BIG DEAL!
Want to take a wild guess at how many F-body people I am in contact with and respect my opinion? Say someone posts looking for a shop, maybe in one were you do not sponsor but has an F-body. Do you think I am going to say "hey call Outlaw"? Nope! Thats another potential customer down the drain.

How about mrdragster1970? He is ONE man but I would HATE to be a shop that screws him over! I repect his opinion enough just from what he posts that if he told me to avoid a particular shop I would NEVER EVER even call that shop!

He is one man....... but you **** him off and you lose a lot of money and customers in the end.

I even just got a PM asking me who to go to for a cage install in IL, want to take a wild guess who I did not send them to? I sent them to the shop that keeps giving amazing customer service and yet puts out great and safe work!

Granted you can't keep everyone happy and there will allways be something out of your control bust customer service IS NOT OUT OF YOUR CONTROL!

The least Tony could of done is asked if he could make things right some how for the customer being the one having to be on the ball, not the shop.

On FLP, I would be happy if everything was told to me up front. If I was told Feb I would be ok. Heck, I called Rossler and talked to him FOREVER, a buddy of mine called earlier that day and talked to him just as long.
Don't tell me they are not busy!

Like I said I was told that he was moving and asked when I wanted it done. I said not till after the first of the year so just get back to me then. Outlaw said ok.

Whats the number one problem with most shops in this country? BAD customer service. I know of a few local shops some big some small that I could call and have the owner call be back later that day. One is a chassis shop that builds ground up race cars.

Lastly one day Autozone gave me the worst customer service that I have ever got in person! I mean the guy was even mad at me and he on'y had to say "hey, next time it would be a big help if you would put all this used oil into one gallon containers or larger". Instead he said other things..... now I go to AdvancedAuto along with my father. We have spent a few grand there in parts and expensive Mobil 1 oil that could have gone in Autozones pocket. I go to Advanced and take all my oil in big jugs and they just let me walk it to the back and dump it myself! I don't even ask them to do it for me!

I have made my point and am done

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-26-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:25 AM
12 Second Club

That's too bad, Tony and the outlaw guys have been quick to respond to my emails, usually within a couple hours of me sending them. I would put Outlaw up in my top 3 sponsors I have dealt with as far as comunication goes and I haven't given them a dollar yet.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

No i didnt take the secretary job..Tony founded a better 6'5 blonde with huger *****..haha..Anyways, Tony has always gotten back to me usually the same day i pmed or e-mailed him..I understand that with him being one of the only guys there its hard to answer the phone while your wrenching....I still will go to Outlaw and support them..
Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

My comments were not directed at outlaw, not at all. I'm not sure if the emails are coming from this thread or the other thread about being screwed around.
I never heard of outlaw, yes I'm in the same area, but I'm at a very different level in my racing. I was ripped off by "FLP" , so outlaw fans can stop emailing me. I was just making a general comment about customer service.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970
My comments were not directed at outlaw, not at all. I'm not sure if the emails are coming from this thread or the other thread about being screwed around.
I never heard of outlaw, yes I'm in the same area, but I'm at a very different level in my racing. I was ripped off by "FLP" , so outlaw fans can stop emailing me. I was just making a general comment about customer service.
If they are sending you emails that is uncalled for. Sack up and post your thoughts in this thread

I could tell you weren't singling out Outlaw, you were just talking about customer service & shops in general.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
JUICED96Z

Yeah most of my comments were for shops in general in my last post.

FLP ehh? Wow!

Rossler is pretty much the only tranny shop that I would trust to build a tranny if I did not do it myself.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,204 Likes on 772 Posts

This thread is all over the place. If a person calls up and a shop says they are busy or whatever, then ultimately the person can elect not to schedule an appointment to get the work done.

It's a different story if the shop drops the ball on something or does not adhere to their schedule.

It does not make sense to get mad if someone says they can't do the work right now, it's appropriate to get mad if the work is not done right or there are other problems associated with the scheduling, completion or quality of the work.

ADMIN
Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
JUICED96Z

John, I am just really ticked they they are saying they told me Feb when they did not. It was be who was on the ball and finnaly told them just to get back to me after the first.

It was not that they were busy, the told me it was their chassis guy. They never told me they were busy from what I remember.

Thats all

I will let the thread die off with that since I quite honestly don't care what Outlaw has to say from here on out.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-26-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Yeah most of my comments were for shops in general in my last post.

FLP ehh? Wow!

Rossler is pretty much the only tranny shop that I would trust to build a tranny if I did not do it myself.
Are you talking about FLT or FLP? Please explain as I am curious to your issues if it is FLT. Vince & Chuck are one of THE best when it comes to the 4l60e and their customer service is top notch.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

exactely, im with ya matt. If you ever go there, FLT, vince and chuck is all about talking. If you go there plan on spending at least a hour there just bullshittin!!! FLP on the other hand i have no experiance.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Retired Street Racer

I just don't understand some people. I have had legitimate issues with different sponsors before (and who hasn't) but I am not so quick to start **** talking on a message board. I even had a sponsor charge my debit card for purchases that were not mine, and I still dealt with it between me & them only. It seems that more and more people are looking for closure on small, stupid **** like unreturned phone calls. Grow up!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

its like the saying goes.. "a bad words spreads faster then a good word!" or "you tell 1 person about a good experience and 10 about a bad one". Deal with it in your own time, i agree

Quick Reply: Outlaw= Barf