Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

central il people

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do consider myself pretty lucky.. took me four years worth of saving from my summer job to pay for it- but it's all worth it. It's a 99 Trans Am (Red) sleak beak, not a WS6. It's an A4, one other owner, 40 yr. old women. never had any winter driving. Bought it w/ 21K and now is getting to roll over on 28K. Picked it up for 12,900 It's basically stock, I added an SLP Flopack (Lid, Smooth bellows, and their version of CAI). I'm hoping to order a set of pacesetter LTs and the TSP TDs here very soon. That should solve the typical quite pontiac exhaust problem. I'm also checkin into getting the windows tinted which i started a post about earlier. Your WS6 looks killer, i love NBM or w/e that color is. Sounds like it's packin a punch w/ a turbod 500 horses too. I just bought a 95 Dakota that will be my DD from now on, so later down the road I'll do a stall/cam. Possibly heads too. I'de really like to mod it and make it quicker without havin to spend major $$ on a 12 bolt... we'll see what happens. If i start to go out to the track I might be gettin the NX kit.. again we'll see.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like some extremely nice cars will be running around this season Cant wait to see em and meet some people!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

let me know if you need help putting those LTs on. I don't mind helping.

12 bolt is the way to go. Mine was expensive, but I don't have to worry about it anymore. I can give you the number of where I bought mine. He did my suspension too. It's Midwest Chassis and Performance in Morton. Got a machinest too if you are intersted in motor work. Other than that, just do the work myself.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

yeah if anyone ever wants a hand on some installs just let me know. ive turne a wrench or two

also if you ever see a white lt1 z with black zo6 wheels and custom stripes at an event, come say hey to me....most likely im gonna be to shy to come say hey to you. Im normally somewhere within view of the car.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rotweiler-ws6
Man, you are really lucky! To have that kind of power for a 1st car and then to throw on a nitrous kit? I got stuck with an 83 Caprice Classic station wagon as my 1st set of wheels. That thing would barely achieve the speed limit if it drove off a cliff. So without me having to use the search feature what year/model/color do you have and what all have you done to it so far?
91 lumina with 220,000 miles for the win...took it to the drag strip and bracket raced it, now has about 260,000 and still goin lol. Second car was 91 z28, now i've got that and my 01 ss.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Well right now i am in Iowa at school but i a couple of weeks i will be back in Peoria. Let me know if something is going on, i love to cruse around. Also if you see a 2000 black ws6 don't hesitate to say hi.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
91 lumina with 220,000 miles for the win...took it to the drag strip and bracket raced it, now has about 260,000 and still goin lol. Second car was 91 z28, now i've got that and my 01 ss.
You win!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

hahaah i wish i could see that thing goin down the strip. thanks for the offer rot.. might heave to hit ya up when i get those.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone go out last night in Champaign? I was tired and figured it might be too cold for some people. I'm gettin' it out today though!
Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

yeah....there were a few people out, not many. I know two of us from here were out. it was a lot less people than friday though.

when you bringing her out? I will probably be around cruisin for a bit in mine. keep an eye out
Old 04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I had it out today for a bit, took it to the gym and to put some gas in it.

I went to have lunch and decided to drive my truck instead, and wouldn't you ******* know it, 2 minutes from the house I pull up next to a Viper. That **** can never happen when I'm driving my Camaro.

I guess the Parkland show next weekend will be the next time its out. Gotta buff it out some this week.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

are you showing it? if so.... this class should be interesting. sounds like im gonna be the only NA car in it LOL!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Yeah, I'm showing it, but honestly I don't care if I win or lose. Its no show car IMO. About the only thing I think is possible is a students choice award, just because it makes more power than probably anyone there. I'll probably show up late like always, park it, chat with a few friends, and walk home (I live in Timberline, right on the other side of Duncan). I keep getting sunburned so bad I don't wanna sit out there all day. No one ever does anything to their cars, so its the same **** different year. I'm debating putting my dyno sheet on the dash, but I really don't want everyone to know. Hopefully theres some cars out that night, lots more fun to run'em than look at them!

Do you know if they are having that cruise in thing in Tuscola this year?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

i hear ya about winning or losing.... dont care at the show anyways. i wouldnt throw your dyno sheets up there unless you want people knowing.

I'll be out there all day if you do walk home and want an eye left on your car.

I dunno about the tuscola thing, never been to it or heard of it. usually everyone hangs out sat night here in town.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28camarocarri
i hear ya about winning or losing.... dont care at the show anyways. i wouldnt throw your dyno sheets up there unless you want people knowing.

I'll be out there all day if you do walk home and want an eye left on your car.

I dunno about the tuscola thing, never been to it or heard of it. usually everyone hangs out sat night here in town.

Its insured, I'm not worried .

The Tuscola thing is cool, it used to be at the Dixie truck stop but the last couple years has been at the Amish furniture joint by the highway. Lots of people who don't get their cars out much, but usually alot of cool cars. Very little rice. I'll look into it.

BTW, any locals, I need some help. If you have a stock-ish LS1 F body, I need to look at your fan/shroud assembly. I won't actually touch it, just need to see it. Carrie, your car would work (I think). Just need to see a stock fan shroud assembly. I'll buy whoever helps me a coke at the Parkland show. Yeah, I'm generous....
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

mine may work, depending on what you need to look at.....i can tell ya the differences lol but hey any time youre free to look at my car if ya need to. no biggie. you can even touch it! lol.

yeah check into the tuscola thing, id be willing to cruise down there
Old 04-29-2007, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

I was out Saturday afternoon/evening didn't really see very many ls1 cars out, saw a couple but most of them were stock and driven by old folks. Couple mustang GT's...well about 30 of them because they are everywhere u look. I'm usually too busy drinking/partying on Saturday nights to be out cruising. I'll try to get out on Friday night's though.

I'm also out during the week occasionally just for something to do before I go to work(I work night shift, 11pm - 7am).
Old 04-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

I was at bdubs Sat night. I saw a bunch of people in front of friar tuck, but they all left before I left.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Hey Carrie, I was reading an old GMHighTech performance magazine this morning and I just flipped it open and what did I see? Your car in the readers rides. Weird huh? I have like hundreds of magazines, and I just blindly grabbed one and opened it right to that page.

Heres a delayed congrats on getting your ride in there. My GN was in one awhile back too. They fucked up all my info though. Got the name right at least!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What do you need to see on the fan shroud? The radiator and fans are out of my car now and would be easy to look at.

I also have a nice shop area to work on mods.

Quick Reply: central il people