Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Yep, and that is why the car goes down the track as it does.

Okay, that was my guess. I bet that feels scary at speed.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What the hell is the cone doing in the middle of the track?? If they don't want you to run in the groove, then run with the slick boys. It doesn't look like you are hooking that hard on the line. What are your 60ft times?

I don't think the bias verse radial is the problem. We have been doing that for years. What Bob said and relocate your control arms. Stock height cars benefit as much as lowered cars. That will help you hook up down track as well as at the line. A good prepped track out to 1/8 mile will get you mid to low 10s with a couple of mods.
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by silver95; 11-24-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver95
What the hell is the cone doing in the middle of the track?? If they don't want you to run in the groove, then run with the slick boys. It doesn't look like you are hooking that hard on the line. What are your 60ft times?

I don't think the bias verse radial is the problem. We have been doing that for years. What Bob said and relocate your control arms. Stock height cars benefit as much as lowered cars. That will help you hook up down track as well as at the line. A good prepped track out to 1/8 mile will get you mid to low 10s with a couple of mods.
I am hoping for 10's next year even if they are just high 10's. I believe my QA1 shocks are adjustable as I have adjusted the height of them before with a spanner wrench. The car doesn't really pull to one side or another, it just seems to slide a bit at higher speeds (and during the braking), and yeah, its on the edge of being "scary". 60 ft times could improve. I'd have to check my slips for the actual times, but if I remember correctly it was somewhere around a 1.6 time. When I ran with my DR's on, it didn't hook nearly as well off the line, but went strait down the track without the sliding I got from the slicks.

Sometime I'll probably get the spacer from Shawn, and end up with some skinnies. That should keep it under much better control with the slicks.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I am hoping for 10's next year even if they are just high 10's. I believe my QA1 shocks are adjustable as I have adjusted the height of them before with a spanner wrench. The car doesn't really pull to one side or another, it just seems to slide a bit at higher speeds (and during the braking), and yeah, its on the edge of being "scary". 60 ft times could improve. I'd have to check my slips for the actual times, but if I remember correctly it was somewhere around a 1.6 time. When I ran with my DR's on, it didn't hook nearly as well off the line, but went strait down the track without the sliding I got from the slicks.

Sometime I'll probably get the spacer from Shawn, and end up with some skinnies. That should keep it under much better control with the slicks.
where are your shock settings at now?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JPH
where are your shock settings at now?
The car is in storage for winter right now in Indiana, so I don't currently have access to it, and I'm not sure what the shocks are set at exactly. I do know that I only go to the track maybe a handfull of times a year, and try to drive it as much as I can on the street, so if I had to pick between the street and the track how I would want it setup, I would definatly say for "the street", which it works perfectly for. I don't plan on changing anything up suspension wise as it already hooks like a dream on the street.

I do plan on probably getting a set of skinnies up front though to help keep things under control at the track.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Where is your car stored at?? I would like to borrow the motor. You can adjust those QA 1's at the track, I put my fronts at 1 for maximum rebound. I am currently throwing double adjustable QA 1's in my car right now with 300 lb springs.
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:

Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Single adjustable QA1 shock.

Better 2 way adjustable QA1 shock that hit the market several years ago. It has two dials on it. One for allowing the suspension to lift, and another dial for adjusting how quickly the front end compresses. Ben, I'll bet you have the single dial shocks, these twin dial ones make a big difference. Bob
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

I think I do have the single adjustables.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bob, you still in town??

Old 11-25-2007, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Hes gone, to a place far warmer then 30 degrees
Old 11-25-2007, 12:39 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I think I do have the single adjustables.
next time you go to the track, call me. i will tell u where to set them at. what's your pinion angle set to?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JPH
next time you go to the track, call me. i will tell u where to set them at. what's your pinion angle set to?
I have absolutly NO idea. Hopefully a bunch of us can head out to the track next year together as the most fun is to go in a group.

Honestly I probably won't change the setup of my car other than the skinnies as I really like the way it is currently setup for the street.

A set of skinnies, or at least some more practice with the slicks should give me the better track times I am looking for without sacrificing changing what I believe to be a perfect setup for the street which again is primarily what the car is used for.

I appreciate all the suggestions and info though fellas.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:06 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I have absolutly NO idea. Hopefully a bunch of us can head out to the track next year together as the most fun is to go in a group.

Honestly I probably won't change the setup of my car other than the skinnies as I really like the way it is currently setup for the street.

A set of skinnies, or at least some more practice with the slicks should give me the better track times I am looking for without sacrificing changing what I believe to be a perfect setup for the street which again is primarily what the car is used for.

I appreciate all the suggestions and info though fellas.
you would have 2 settings: 1. tracks settings
2. street settings
don't worry, the shocks can be adjusted in a few seconds. click them on either settings for street or strip use. simple as that. hell, i will do it for you at the track, if u want, and i will keep track of which settings for street trim, and then which settings for track use.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:07 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

it's the small little details, and changes that you make to these cars, which create the awesome et's, don't always reley on the horsepower to get you there all the time.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

The last time I used the spanner wrench to chage them up, it was a royal PITA, and I thought each time you adjusted them, you should get an alignment.

I am pretty sure having the single adjustable QA1's, they have only one setting although they are adjustable. Is this not correct?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:01 PM
8 Second Club

The last time I used the spanner wrench to chage them up, it was a royal PITA, and I thought each time you adjusted them, you should get an alignment.

I am pretty sure having the single adjustable QA1's, they have only one setting although they are adjustable. Is this not correct?
Ben-

You only adjust ride height with the spanner wrench. Leave that at home. You adjust rebound (and compresion if you have double adjustables) via the **** on the bottom of the shock. It takes about 5 seconds to make an adjustment on the shock settings.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Ben-

You only adjust ride height with the spanner wrench. Leave that at home. You adjust rebound (and compresion if you have double adjustables) via the **** on the bottom of the shock. It takes about 5 seconds to make an adjustment on the shock settings.
Well that just goes to show how little I have messed with them. If its that simple to adust at the track and then adjust back, we'll definatly have to try it out next time at the track next year at Muncie.

Hopefully the Formula will have all its new parts installed and I can see what that will do as well at the track. My wife has been upset as she didn't get to take it to the track at all this year due to her work schedule.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well that just goes to show how little I have messed with them. If its that simple to adust at the track and then adjust back, we'll definatly have to try it out next time at the track next year at Muncie.

Hopefully the Formula will have all its new parts installed and I can see what that will do as well at the track. My wife has been upset as she didn't get to take it to the track at all this year due to her work schedule.
I adjust mine at the track, put them on firm for the ride home so it doesn't bounce all over the trailer.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Tranny's Junk.

http://greenlightmotorsports.com/Media/Wheels.wmv
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Man that things lifting the wheels now, but still to all over the place though. Will get it fixed though. It's amazing how much that little JPH cam really picked that car up now. Working on the trans deal too.

Quick Reply: Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd