Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

33 over ticket in IL. Need advise please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 33 over ticket in IL. Need advise please.

I know there have been other threads on this subject, but search is not working properly so I am listing this. I got a ticket for 33 over and have court on Tuesday the 17th. Not sure what to expect. My record is pretty clean. It has been over a year since my last ticket which I did supervision on. Any ideas on fines? Can I do supervision again to clear my record? What can I do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:53 PM
9 Second Club

If it's Will county get some adult diapers and a stich kit for your *** when they are done. My G/F just got whacked for $175 for 14 over.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

depends on the county you where in..

expect a fine and supervision, maybe 4hour driving school, depending on the judges mood
Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

It was in Wooddale. I have to go to Addison. Not sure on the county. Ticket proly says, but not available at the moment.

ONEBADWS6: WOW! I thought those were like $95? Crazy. I am hoping for like $150 plus supervision. As long as it is not on my record. The insurance would add up over time.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

You were offered to view the machine that says you were 33 over, right? Did the officer confirm the machine had been calibrated that day? How long has this officer been using this machine? Signing the ticket doesn't admit guilt. 33 over in a 25 mph zone, school zone, 65 zone or something else? Get an attorney plead not guilty require that the officer be present. Don't go there not represented. They could take you down big time not to mention what it might do to your insurance.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
You were offered to view the machine that says you were 33 over, right? Did the officer confirm the machine had been calibrated that day? How long has this officer been using this machine? Signing the ticket doesn't admit guilt. 33 over in a 25 mph zone, school zone, 65 zone or something else? Get an attorney plead not guilty require that the officer be present. Don't go there not represented. They could take you down big time not to mention what it might do to your insurance.
All of that **** is null and void unless he asked the day of. Since he didn't, you can throw all that bullshit out the window. That may work where you are from, but it doesn't in IL.

BADSZ28:

You need to go early and talk to the prosecuting attourney. Tell him about your somewhat clear record, and that you would not like this ticket to go on your record. Offer him a year of supervsion and $150 fine. He should bite on that.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Do I ask at the door for this person or just get to the court room early and figure out who it is?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
Do I ask at the door for this person or just get to the court room early and figure out who it is?
Get in the court room early. He's the guy that is up at the bench looking at everyone's cases. If you're not sure who is who, ask the clerk, and she can point him out. They like to settle most cases right before that way it takes less time with the judge.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Matt. I will try that. I do not want to get an attorney. I would think that would make me look cocky and guilty and have the money for a larger fine. Not to mention agitate the judge. I would think there are bigger fish to fry then my dumb ***.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Trust me on this one, I have been in your shoes plenty of times.

GET A LAWYER. Seriously. You won't even have to go to court, it WILL get reduced to a non-moving violation, and your record stays clean. Its well worth it just to keep the insurance from going up. Hiring a lawyer doesn't make you look guilty, its smart. I went to court on my own ONE time, got fucked for NO reason, and decided from then on I'd play the game like everyone else. I haven't seen the inside of a court room since, that was (yikes) 13 years ago. My lawyer gets 'em dropped every time (so long as I don't get too many in a short time frame). Granted, 33 over may cost some $$$, but it'll be worth it. I got hit for 82 in a 55, that one cost me $550 IIRC, including court fees, the ticket, and my attorneys fees.

Don't be a sucker and walk in there like they give a **** about you or your clean record. They are there to take your money, don't forget that. What do they gain by giving you a lesser fine? Jack ****. You're a sitting duck in there, get a lawyer, thats their job.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

i got busted 102 in a 55 but he wrote me down for 1mph under a misdemenor(got cop) and i went to court (this is will county) and I paid $400 and got 1yr supervision. Im not saying it did anything i dont know but I knew the chief of police though.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow you guys get off easy...thats like mandatory jail time here and the law they just passed lets them tack on an additional $3k on top of what you already get for the ticket!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

I got a 115 in a 55 like 5 years ago, $150 fine and supervision....thats it. Cool judge. My advice, go to court, if you get a great judge who you think will work with you and the prosecutor for something that works for you, then do it. If not, tell them you want to get the case pushed back because your lawyer cant make it. Also, look for the cop, if hes not there, plead not guilty and it gets dismissed.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by minty
I got a 115 in a 55 like 5 years ago, $150 fine and supervision....thats it. Cool judge. My advice, go to court, if you get a great judge who you think will work with you and the prosecutor for something that works for you, then do it. If not, tell them you want to get the case pushed back because your lawyer cant make it. Also, look for the cop, if hes not there, plead not guilty and it gets dismissed.
Is the cop not there thing for real? Will they reschedule if he is not there? I have never once been to court and the cop was not there. I am just going to show and try what Matt and minty said.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

GET A LAWYER, not sure why some of the other posters think you can get away with 33 over for a few hundred lousy bucks, but it is going to be a BIG nasty ordeal for you if you don't. Assuming here that your speeding was not recklessly endangering other folks, so I hope you do o.k., but you NEED to get a lawyer on this one. Let us know the outcome and good luck.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I don't get it?

You have 2 options:

1. Go to court yourself, probably lose, and pay out the *** and get a fucked up record.

2. Get a lawyer. Clean record, no hassle.

Why is this hard? You're putting your faith in a judge and prosecutor who would just as soon revoke your license because they don't give a ****. Seriously, why would you think they might cut you any kind of break? If a clean record was enough to get you out of a ticket we'd all have clean records. Think about it.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM
dug
Banned

with illinois needing money these days, Id get a lawyer just in case. Judges have more respect for people with lawyers.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

if the cop doesnt show its dropped. Period. Take your chances the first time and if he doesn't show you walk and its dropped, if he shows, ask for a continuance and you save money for a short time and get a lawyer for the 2nd time. People here are giving you their opinions, I am TELLING you what works and worked for me. Considering when I drove my camaros I knew all the judges and they knew me for all the times I was in there, dont listen to idiots who THINK they know.
Good luck
Old 07-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All u can do is ask for supervision and pray they give it. I got knocked off for around about the same while street racing a couple years ago I think it was like 70 something in a 35 and i got supervision without a attorney .. The state said it wouldnt matter attorney or not it couldnt be dropped. That was in Springfield the capital.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got a 35 over, no turn signal, and squeeling of tires. (i was racing) the cop was cool i heard him talking to the prosecuter before i was called up but anyways they ened up dropping the turn signal and tires and gave a me a $200 dollar fine and 3 months supervision. NO LAWYER

Quick Reply: 33 over ticket in IL. Need advise please.