Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got pulled over tonight for a "drag racing citation"

Story: A bike and I were at a red light and we both got on it. I didn't break the tires loose or rev my engine to "hint" at a race. Maybe hit 65 or so on hickman just west off 86th street. Anyways i get pulled over by another cop down the road on hickman to wait for the cop that saw me do it to show up. He gets my side of the story saying that he saw the hole thing and if he has to show up to court he's gonna be waiting there w/ a speeding ticket so i'll lose my license. He never clocked me. So i asked him how he can give me a speeding ticket/this ticket if I never broke the tires loose/reved my engine/he never clocked me speeding? He tole me that it's his duty as a trained officer of the law to know/determine such things. And that he knew i was breaking the 45mph zone.

So what do I do? Is there a way I can get online to check this out? Should i call a lawyer and give him my story?

The ticket total on paper was $182 or so and i need to appear at court. Then the judge will set a proper amount to whatever he decides. Which won't be more than $200 after court costs/fees and all that other **** they get ya w/.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

yeah man if i were you id get a lawyer a friend of mine just got caught a while ago, he was drag racing on hickman to down around stew hansen....... he got his drag racing ticket reduced to reckless drving or something like that. ..... its hard to say but if its a drag racing ticket i dont think iowa is a state that will take your car
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FASTENUF
So what do I do? Is there a way I can get online to check this out? Should i call a lawyer and give him my story?

If the ticket is a drag racing citation, your going to want to get it reduced, so your going to need a lawyer. As of the last time I checked, drag racing is an offense that you will forfeit your license for. It never hurts to call a lawyer & try to get some free advice.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

I was in my Camaro a couple years ago and did the samething at a stop light but broke the tires loose and was definently on the gas as I pass'd a flippin cop in Oskaloosa, he pulled me over and gave me a Careless driving ticket. i hired a lawyer and he somehow got it lowered to a "malfunctioning throttle" and "faulty muffler" ....... no lie! i had to prove that i got it fixed so i bought the cheapest throttle cable and glass pack i could find and brought the receipt to the lawyer and BAM........good to go. i took the parts back a week later.
Yeah it cost me $400 for the lawyer guy but never had to go to court and he did all the work, doesn't count as a moving violation and insurance company is happy.......Best money ever spent

Good Luck, let us know how it turns out
Old 09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Teching In

He only said that i'd lose my license in he gave me a speeding ticket.

And it was a "drag racing citation" I just don't get why i need to go to court over it. I mean if i pay the ticket isn't that already saying that i'm guilty?

And it's funny how a different cop happened to pull me over for a burnt out license plate light(when it works) So he gets me all flustered until the cop that saw me do it shows up. And tells me not to lie cuz he saw the hole thing and that i was "flying!" idk what i'm going to do. I think i'll call a lawyer first to see what's up. I already talked to my insurance man and he said i'll be fine cuz the rest of my record is clean. So i'm thinking i'll just take it in the *** and pay the fine and call it a day.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

my vote is to call a lawyer it dont cost anything to call. i say you try that whole bad accelorator cable thing . i laughed when i read that
Old 09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear man. But I gotta say I steer away from Hickman/86th area as much as possible. Clive Cops will get you for no matter what. Be careful and NEVER speed in that area regardless.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OH2LE
anyone have the details on that cruise this weekend? Where are all the Des Moines people meeting at and what time?
http://www.wccruisers.com/cruisetimesplaces.html

I wish I could go, but I don't think I will be going. If for some reason I can make it, I will definitely meet at the areas/times mentioned above.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

i raced a dumdumdumdum tonight i posted it in the street kill stories section. i video taped it too so i posted that too. check it out
Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

why does it automatically change my spelling of s-r-t-4 to dumbdumbdumb??
Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Teching In

I was wondering what that was all about too. lol
Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by benji's_z28
why does it automatically change my spelling of s-r-t-4 to dumbdumbdumb??
There are some words that the mods got sick of seeing on the forums.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Get a lawyer and fight the ticket. Hell find the cheapest lawyer you can. Mine charged me $150 for his time back when I was fighting tickets. The court would drop the moving violations and give you faulty equipment tickets like what was previously stated. Defective tires, busted windshield, faulty muffler, etc... It's just amazing how money can get you or get you out of anything.

Is anybody going up Saturday to Fort Dodge/Humboldt for the drag racing event??? I think I may go up to watch. Just wondering if they will be running the full 1/4 mile or just 1/8th.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Teching In

how can they drop a drag racing ticket and get me for faulty equipment? lol
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FASTENUF
how can they drop a drag racing ticket and get me for faulty equipment? lol
the throttle cable stuck and the bike that was going the same speed was just cercumstantial evidence lol
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Teching In

I've always had good luck with Clive and West Des Moines cops. It's the Windsor Heights ones you have to worry about.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Clive, West Des Moines, Windsor Heights, and Johnston cops are all about the same I swear. Back when I had my old 94 Z, Windsor Heights cops didn't like window tint, but Johnston cops didn't care much. I could have gotten a Clive cop for entrapment once. I've taken Johnston cops to court a couple of times, and disproved them. I have met one cool Johnston cop though. Its usually the older ones that are cool, but the younger ones are out to save the world.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

hahahah just be thannkful last time i got a DWB it took them an hour just to give me the damn ticket and it was by Perkins....
Old 10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Hey benji that SRT wouldnt happen to be red in color now would it..........
Old 10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by daves94formula
Hey benji that SRT wouldnt happen to be red in color now would it..........
yeah its the red one, young drives it

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?