Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Morris Lions Club Fall Classic Car Show!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morris Lions Club Fall Classic Car Show!

Anyone seen any flyers for this?I would like to confirm the date as I've seen conflicting dates.I hear it's a VERY huge show.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure on the dates, but I went to one this summer and it was the biggest show I've ever seen. They claim like 600 cars and there were easily that many. They close off the entire downtown area ~5 blocks and side streets for parking. I believe they only have them once a month and they had one 2-3 weeks ago. It's $10 to get in and you get a bag with some junk and raffle tickets in it. If I find the dates I'll post them, I live about 10 minutes from Morris.

Here's the link, looks like there all done for the year.

http://www.morriscruisenight.com/cruise_dates.html

Had the wrong show I think this is the one your looking for. It's further down the page
http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/mem...ws_cruise.html

Last edited by BrntWS6; 09-20-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes,the second one is what I'm talking about.I read a post on a third gen site that said they had around 900 cars in the past!!Can't even imagine that many-but that site gave the date as the Seventh of October although the post was nearly a year old.
Anyone from Morris attend this last year?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm i'd be down for this. get more info.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey I attend this show everyyear and its not in the downtown area of morris It is off of route 6 and yes lastyear I believe they had just over 1000cars. It is the biggest car show I have ever been to and they really have a good mix of every kind of car you can imagine. Basicly if your coming from chicago you would exit at I80 and take that south I believe and its only a mile or 2 to route 6 then you take that east I think about 5-7 miles down and it will be in a huge empty field off to your left you really cant miss all the showcars since they are all heading the way of the show. This show is really awesome and they have a huge swap meet. You should get there early if any of you are going to go. I have been there at 7-8am and there is already 3 or 4 hundred cars already in the show. This show is awesome but gets extremely crowded around 10--12 in the morning
Old 09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

quadd2244,Thanks for the info,very helpfull.For a show that large,I will make the trip.Do you know if it's the 21st for shure?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know the exact date my stepdad works the show everyyear. I will find out tonight for sure and post back as soon as I find out. The show it self is very very cool. Sad thing is there isnt to many 4th gen fbodys there. there is however all the vettes you can imagine. If it rains a day or 2 before the show typically since its in a field alot of guys dont show up since there are some very high dollar cars there. If i were you I would get there very early say around 7am or earlier and youll get a good parking spot close to the show otherwise its a pretty good hike and youll see the cars roll in and pick what you want to look at. Its mostly a car show completely filled with muscle cars and every other car you can imagine along with a gigantic swap meet
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just found out thats is always the first sunday in october,but for some reason this year might be different. I will know for sure tomrrow I will call the lions club
Old 09-21-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey,thanks man!