Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To bad Terry sold his Cobra's............
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like i should have been in indy this wknd BUT man there are so many cops its stupid insaine no were to get down....unless you guys have a good place to party haha
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
To bad Terry sold his Cobra's............
I heard it got repossed and it was available for sale by the bank. The guy who did some work on it ended up buying it from the bank.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ just watched the news about that crash on 31 where that 17 year old girl died i bet cops r gonna even be worse now
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I heard it got repossed and it was available for sale by the bank. The guy who did some work on it ended up buying it from the bank.
The first one he sold because the motor was not what the builder said it was and he was having a lot of issues with it..... The second one was pretty much the same car and build but everyone said he was having problems with it lifting the heads and got rid of it for a Busa. I really really doubt it got repoed. Some of the other Cobra guys that he ran with said the above was true. Super nice guy. I have not seen or talked to him in years.

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
^^ just watched the news about that crash on 31 where that 17 year old girl died i bet cops r gonna even be worse now

I saw that... I almost wrecked there years back. People die on 31/Madison about every year.... She had to have been going pretty fast to loose it there or was drunk/hi.... who knows.... that area is a pretty bad area to be speeding. It looks like I was lucky and missed the median and cars she was not... It is the main reason I don't race on the street now...
Old 08-31-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ya i heard that she was in the back seat but wasnt wearing a seat belt and went threw some window
Old 08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

anybody got 2 US National tickets for Sat?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dragman
I saw quite a few tickets on Craigslist (Indianapolis).
Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow5.0.
A real 500whp cobra would be a good race for you IMO. A friend of mine went 124 mph without issues w/ stock blower no nitrous Made like 480whp.. Glad you had fun on the kill though! If you wanna set somethin up with him lmk.. i'll see if he's down.
lets do it.....i can come up again this weekend......i guess my cam only car still needs get a point out...lol....i know people like james or benny and nasty cars like that will stomp my **** but im not scared of stock eaton blower cobras....my best friend lives a block over from me and has a termi pullied programmer full exhaust and jlt cold air and i can say i pulled on him alot harder than the cobra in indy saturday..lol
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Launching!

god you only live 30 min away i should have been racing you haha. same with me having a buddie down here with a ported blower, pulley, intake, and full exhaust. we are dead mach its pretty kewl. I really need to buy some radials haha.

harbaugh what numbers you putting down with your setup you know?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragman
Just call the ticket office at ORP. They can put them on will call, and you don't have to pay any of ticketmaster's bullshit fees.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by t/a for life
god you only live 30 min away i should have been racing you haha. same with me having a buddie down here with a ported blower, pulley, intake, and full exhaust. we are dead mach its pretty kewl. I really need to buy some radials haha.

harbaugh what numbers you putting down with your setup you know?
haha...im always game for racin....i dont care if i lose...hahaha....im not sure really about the power..the guy i got it off of said it was 405 to the tires but ive been stoppin some **** in this car...lol...i think it makes more than that but ill know for sure in september theres a dyno day at a shop off of kentucky ave....im gona take my car there...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Launching!

right on man well hit me up i my hit up up on the dyno day. Ive had mine dynoed it was 428tq/426hp but that was a pro tech dyno not to may ppl in here like that dyno iono if it reads high or low. Not sure what they have said but ya hit me up sometime, Im really wanting to see wat tylers car will be making he put alot!!!! of time and money in it i think....he said maybe 500 hp after he gets done. And the racing hell ya its for fun and if i lose it will be against something id like to lose to not a mustang or honda ya know haha

-Travis
Old 09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Teching In

I heard saturday night that the car she was in did a illegal u-turn in front of a pillar and the SUV didn't see them till the last second. It was a two tone grand prix with orange on top and white on the bottom.

--
Terry cobra thing I was going on second hand info, He is still around with the busa. Because when we left the Indyhp drag day he was wanting to do some pulls on the highway.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I heard saturday night that the car she was in did a illegal u-turn in front of a pillar and the SUV didn't see them till the last second. It was a two tone grand prix with orange on top and white on the bottom.

--
Terry cobra thing I was going on second hand info, He is still around with the busa. Because when we left the Indyhp drag day he was wanting to do some pulls on the highway.
If it is were I am thinking it was there is only like one spot that you can do a u-turn... (saw the helicoper footage on the news) only one break in the median for a while. If that is it then the SUV would have seem them way down the road....... I still say they were doing something stupid and lost control.... That corner is deciving at speeds....... I know from experience.... That area is etched in my brain now... If I am right I ended up in the parking lot a few feet or so north of the wreck... I could see them loosing control, sliding threw the break in the median and cliping the SUV.... If the honda was just pulling out I would think it would have stoped in the middle of the road..... not gone across the street to hit the curb after the hit...

The one thing about this area is that you (anyone) seem to hear a lot of different stories... all a little different haha. I figure if someone was really worried about why Terry sold both the cars they should go ask him
Old 09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by t/a for life
right on man well hit me up i my hit up up on the dyno day. Ive had mine dynoed it was 428tq/426hp but that was a pro tech dyno not to may ppl in here like that dyno iono if it reads high or low. Not sure what they have said but ya hit me up sometime, Im really wanting to see wat tylers car will be making he put alot!!!! of time and money in it i think....he said maybe 500 hp after he gets done. And the racing hell ya its for fun and if i lose it will be against something id like to lose to not a mustang or honda ya know haha

-Travis
yea we changed his pully the other day..he needs a tune now but hes running some boost now...lol....it should run good...will see how long it lasts...hahahaha...ill let ya know wats goin down...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Right on man sounds good
Old 09-01-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow just figured that kid in the grand prix went to my school and was a grade under me
Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

I heard that the GTP was racing, but IDK for sure. Either way that's a tragic accident and I feel really bad for the family and friends. I have lost 2 close friends to car accidents. My prayers go to the family and friends....

Also, Travis and Travis you 2 would be a good race.
Although the SS is going to be too hott to play around anytime soon. Hit me up, and we'll get another spot to do this. I have a PERFECT spot if you guys want to do this.... (not that I'm condoning illegal racing) Just offering a SAFER place to see this go down. 3 lanes wide and only 5-10 minutes from 31! (Hardly ANY traffic!)
Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Alright guy's I am heading toward Muncie 4 am Thursday. Going to RPM and Friday to Muncie for free track day. Looks like most of u guy's wont show up. WTF!

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!