Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBiz
I think you're all gonna get your asses handed to you by "White Lightening"! You heard it here first! You're all f*ckin' going down!

lol....dont make me call miller then have him call benny!!!!!lmao
Old 01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Haha! I'll call Miller and Benny myself! I'm not afraid of either one of 'em.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Haha! I'll call Miller and Benny myself! I'm not afraid of either one of 'em.

hopefully i can get miller to bring his car out this year....it only came out once last year.....so i always make sure i tell him its jun everytime i see him....lol.....he gets worked up....lmao!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

He is so fun to mess with! Gets fired up wayyyy to easily. Always a good ball tap too, cause he never pays attention.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Launching!

i can get on here through my phone! haha now i can keep track how much shiz james talks just at the touch of a screen bahahaha
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Teknologee for the win!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now if I could get it to shift into third for me...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris C.
So your saying a H'eaton with a pulley swap, tune, and catback can do 11,50's on a IRS with a Diff brace or with a stick axle? Yes I believe if you are a seasoned test driver for a magazine or a NMRA racer it is possible. But joe shmo who goes to the track 12 times a year I doubt it. Larrys KB 2.6 putting down 600 plus on race gas and slicks does 11.50s and he has decent experiece at drag racing. He drove his Mach 1 with just a tune and catback on drag radials and gears to a 12.80. But it required dumping the clutch at 6000 grand. Don whats your brothers name (mofasta) that runs that stock heaton with every shifting mod and big tires with a stick axle. He went what 11.80's at the IHP shoot out. Your planning to put a pro built 5 speed in your cobra. Hope you don't like downshifting, a friend made that mistake in his cobra. It was awesome going WOT, but driving around town it sucked. Maybe you need to swap in a 4R70W like all these Ls1 ****** () running a automatic. If your smart you will show up to run Harbaugh with a bottle of giggle gas strapped to that heaton. Then I see your Heaton hitting that number. Terminator owners are cockyess SOB's ever, because they bought a good running car and do minor mods with big success. Start with N/A car running 14's out of the box and start playing in 11's and then come back and talk all the sheit you want.

I honestly feel dumber after reading this post. Seriously nobody on here believes an 03 Cobra will do 11.50's with pulley, chip, and exhaust? I am honestly amazed at this. I was doing it in 2003 along with many other guys. A car with 440rwhp pulling a 1.68 60ft will go those numbers. It is common sense. Anyone have a stock 03? Remember Ford underrated the 03/04 Cobra. Most put out 380 to the wheels and more like 425 to the flywheel. If so next time you are at the track please god let me know. I will show you fella's a stocker can go 12.2's-12'3's completely iced down on slicks. I gained 5mph and 2-3lbs of boost by completely icing my car down. Icing those cars down helps out so much cause it lowers the Inlet Air Temperature tremendously providing a lot more boost. Nobody has ever noticed their 03's run a lot better cold when stock? It does not apply to the pulley cars as much because the stock eaton will only put out so much boost before it maxes out. I have learned this all through experience guys. I took my 03 to the track for the first time a week after I had it and was very disappointed with a 13.0 on street tires at only 108mph. I noticed the car seemed to run great cooler so I tried the ice technique. 2 weeks later I took it again and my first pass on slicks was a 12.4 with a 1.75 60ft I think, second pass was a 12.29, and the third was a 12.20@113.5. I am by no means an expert racer but I can ******* drive and shift better than most. I hope somewhere on here there is someone that will back me on this and really knows.

BTW.....it will not be proshifted cause I want to drive it a bunch. I had a proshifted TKO2 in my old fox and it was not to bad to downshift......just don't use the clutch and rev it and it will fall in.

HAHA...missed the nitrous comment. I should be allowed to run a shot 50hp less than what he is running to make it honestly right. Everyone always forgets these cars are 281 cubic inch motors and are down 65 cubic inches and weigh over 200lbs more. That seems to never be taken into consideration when the camparison is done. The mild 8 psi from a blower that is plagued by heat issues and IAt's that these cars have from the factory make up for that 65 cubic inch dfference if you ask me. Ok so I have 12psi now but he gets a monster cam that takes full advantage of the enormous heads the LS1's have along with a big shot of nitrous. Put it into perspective and I am at the disadvantage if you ask me

Last edited by Cobrasnake2003; 01-20-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
you are gay, go to work
i was at work mfer.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cobrasnake2003
I honestly feel dumber after reading this post. Seriously nobody on here believes an 03 Cobra will do 11.50's with pulley, chip, and exhaust? I am honestly amazed at this. I was doing it in 2003 along with many other guys. A car with 440rwhp pulling a 1.68 60ft will go those numbers. It is common sense. Anyone have a stock 03? Remember Ford underrated the 03/04 Cobra. Most put out 380 to the wheels and more like 425 to the flywheel. If so next time you are at the track please god let me know. I will show you fella's a stocker can go 12.2's-12'3's completely iced down on slicks. I gained 5mph and 2-3lbs of boost by completely icing my car down. Icing those cars down helps out so much cause it lowers the Inlet Air Temperature tremendously providing a lot more boost. Nobody has ever noticed their 03's run a lot better cold when stock? It does not apply to the pulley cars as much because the stock eaton will only put out so much boost before it maxes out. I have learned this all through experience guys. I took my 03 to the track for the first time a week after I had it and was very disappointed with a 13.0 on street tires at only 108mph. I noticed the car seemed to run great cooler so I tried the ice technique. 2 weeks later I took it again and my first pass on slicks was a 12.4 with a 1.75 60ft I think, second pass was a 12.29, and the third was a 12.20@113.5. I am by no means an expert racer but I can ******* drive and shift better than most. I hope somewhere on here there is someone that will back me on this and really knows.

BTW.....it will not be proshifted cause I want to drive it a bunch. I had a proshifted TKO2 in my old fox and it was not to bad to downshift......just don't use the clutch and rev it and it will fall in.
Ghey.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Kieffer, Did you get the 26 spline?
Yeah it is the 26 spline. All the internals will be cryo'ed and have some beefy shift forks.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Teching In

He is so fun to mess with! Gets fired up wayyyy to easily. Always a good ball tap too, cause he never pays attention.

im pissed u guys showed brown that bc he thinks its funny to do that whenever hes in a crowd of people now!!!!!!!!!!FMLhaha
Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by t/a for life
i can get on here through my phone! haha now i can keep track how much shiz james talks just at the touch of a screen bahahaha
Boy better have alot of mins and time to do that! lmao
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Guess were just going to have to wait a couple months for you to prove us all wrong and you push harbaughs sheit in.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Guess were just going to have to wait a couple months for you to prove us all wrong and you push harbaughs sheit in.
ill be ready....my car should run pretty good on m/t's, a healthy shot of spray and tune.....might switch to e85 also to snag a couple extra horses...lol...i gotta get a pump and injectors also.......hopefully it doesnt blow up on a 200 shot.....guess will find ot if mike norris can tune....lol.....or my car is gona junk its self.......but i jus need one pass....then ill put smaller pills in.........
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLACKHAWKLS1TA
What seperates the MEN from the boys. . . is the knowledge they about their toys.
lol James. .. "I'll video tape" funny...
I say to the mustang guy: If you know how important it is making the car work, just as I have learned in the past (less horsepower cars with less Rot. LBS outrunning Stock Sus. BIG HP cars ) then your one step above the rest. Dont give away your secrets just to prove a point. My buddy's LT1 Camaro is a second faster than I am and I make more HP to the wheels than he does and about the same amount of Torque, but he knows how to make that Car WORK! So thats what I am after this winter, going faster with less Horsepower and Torque than the other guys.

As to Travis: That things runs like a champ from what I have seen. I don't know what your up against or what your intensions are to your car, but good luck to ya.

I choose the guy who has the best working car and since no one knows who that is... I'll guess we will just have to wait and see!!! Yeah!!! Run Them!!!
Glad to see someone on my page LOL!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLACKHAWKLS1TA
My buddy's LT1 Camaro is a second faster than I am...
i have no shame, but i'm not sure i would've admitted that. i bolded the areas in which you need to pay closer attention.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ I hate to say it but he's right. LT1 for the loss!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragman
Boy better have alot of mins and time to do that! lmao
Don't worry Wayne, you can't get on the internet from your "Zach Morris" phone.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by harbaugh
im pissed u guys showed brown that bc he thinks its funny to do that whenever hes in a crowd of people now!!!!!!!!!!FMLhaha
If it's any consolation, he learned the hard way.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!