Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the looks of the billet spec wheels, was looking at them for street use but I don't street race so I'll probably just stick with my narrow stockers.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slobra
whats up lsxers, any winter projects planned?

Really, I "heard" the viper is a mid to low 9sec car so the tt vette must have really stepped it up...
I have a few plans for winter... Rearend is prolly last on the list for the White car... First are some 1 7/8" LT's and twin 255lph walbro's.

I also have another lil secret in the works - Can't wait til Spring...

And NO 9 second vipers around here, the viper has ran a mid 10. (I think it was like a 10.6 or 10.7 but don't hold me to that.) I cant remember what he said it was - It was 1 of those though.
And the TT Vette has ran a 10.93 at 132 mph. For some reason the vette pulls harder up top though. Gotta love the turbo's.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
And NO 9 second vipers around here, the viper has ran a mid 10. (I think it was like a 10.6 or 10.7 but don't hold me to that.) I cant remember what he said it was - It was 1 of those though.
And the TT Vette has ran a 10.93 at 132 mph. For some reason the vette pulls harder up top though. Gotta love the turbo's.
Yeah I was just repeating what someone told me... LOL, I don't believe half the **** people say. I'm sure they both pull hard up top but the 1320 is over by that time.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chrome355z
Speaking of Tuning, I heard a rumor that Chad is no longer in the business anymore. In fact the GLM website is down... Is this true?
Heard the same thing.

I am REALLY looking forward to Mike Norris setting up shop here in the Indy area. Have heard NOTHING but GOOD things about Mr. Norris.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^+1 cant wait
Old 11-16-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few plans for winter... Rearend is prolly last on the list for the White car...
Don't worry, there are a boat load of 10 bolts in the salvage yards.
First are some 1 7/8" LT's and twin 255lph walbro's.
PM or call me on the twin 255s. I have a complete parts list, pics, links etc. for a do-it-yourself unit. Everything the sticky at the top of the fueling section left out. Doing it yourself is much less $$ than the commercial units.
Gotta love the turbo's.
Nah, they are just a fad.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Gotta love the 114mm's
Old 11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Hopefully the scene up there is as active as this thread I appreciate the kind words of anticipation from folks to say the least, hopefully I can live up to the hype

I will be up in Indy from Saturday, Nov 21st and heading back south the Friday after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can have some folks get together up this way.

We will be looking at homes Saturday and Sunday and then I have a bunch of shop locations to check out Monday as well as some other shop visits. So I will have some free time for sure.

Mike Norris
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slobra
Yeah I was just repeating what someone told me... LOL, I don't believe half the **** people say. I'm sure they both pull hard up top but the 1320 is over by that time.
Yep there sure is alot of $hit going around lol. People hear 1 thing and spread another. And I agree the 1/4 is over by that speed. But roll races are fun as long as you don't get caught.

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Don't worry, there are a boat load of 10 bolts in the salvage yards.

Ask me how I know.... LOL

PM or call me on the twin 255s. I have a complete parts list, pics, links etc. for a do-it-yourself unit. Everything the sticky at the top of the fueling section left out. Doing it yourself is much less $$ than the commercial units.

Will do! I'm always GAME for saving cash. Thanks Man.

Nah, they are just a fad.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

no winter plans, really. put the car up when the snow flies, that's about it. maybe get rid of the springs on it and swap them out for some that offer a better ride. we'll have to see how motivated i get. i hate 4th gens, so it'll take some time..

the 3rd gen...i'd just like to see the front end back on it before spring. oh and all of the kmember bolts in place and tight.

Last edited by s346k; 11-17-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Hopefully the scene up there is as active as this thread I appreciate the kind words of anticipation from folks to say the least, hopefully I can live up to the hype

I will be up in Indy from Saturday, Nov 21st and heading back south the Friday after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can have some folks get together up this way.

We will be looking at homes Saturday and Sunday and then I have a bunch of shop locations to check out Monday as well as some other shop visits. So I will have some free time for sure.

Mike Norris
I am pretty sure you're the one who did the Mag. S/C on a 2010 Camaro in the newest issue of GMHTP mag. Very cool!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Norris

Mike Norris

When you are in town, feel free to hit me up, I'll buy lunch. I work and live on the near NE side. Cell is 317-281-5458.

Steve
Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Teching In

I have a few plans for winter... Rearend is prolly last on the list for the White car... First are some 1 7/8" LT's and twin 255lph walbro's.

I also have another lil secret in the works - Can't wait til Spring...

james!!!!wats up!!!!...yea......im not impressed with the viper really.....its a slow hunk of money....haha....so im suppose to be full time at the begining of jan!!!!!its gona be game on with ordering parts!!!!!lol....when spring gets here me and ben r gona be the first race of the year!!!!track or street....doesnt matter...i gotta start off early and smash a snake for 2010!!!!...haha
Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
I am pretty sure you're the one who did the Mag. S/C on a 2010 Camaro in the newest issue of GMHTP mag. Very cool!
Damn look who the dog's drug in here!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by harbaugh
james!!!!wats up!!!!...yea......im not impressed with the viper really.....its a slow hunk of money....haha....so im suppose to be full time at the begining of jan!!!!!its gona be game on with ordering parts!!!!!lol....when spring gets here me and ben r gona be the first race of the year!!!!track or street....doesnt matter...i gotta start off early and smash a snake for 2010!!!!...haha

Sweet, Hopefully you get hired on as full time. Also, I hope you put a lot of nitrous on that car this winter. You are going to need it.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

uh oh'
Sounds like a CALL OUT!!!

And as for you Travis, Hope it all works out for you bro.
BTW hit me up man, I have something to go over with you. I think you will be interested.

James

Mike Norris Motorsports... I'll get ahold of ya soon, I'd like to meet you as well.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Launching!

bhahaha oh the z vs the cobra mmmmm....haha can you throw a 1000 shot on car??? hahahaahaha. The cars up for sale but really did it just to see what it could bring in, if someone wants to buy it for that then hell ya its gone. BUT if it doesnt Travis ill be lookin for ya next spring DEFF hahaha.....
Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by purdueranger
Sweet, Hopefully you get hired on as full time. Also, I hope you put a lot of nitrous on that car this winter. You are going to need it.
hahaha...sounds like ur gona need alot of boost!!!!lmao....im gona be looking forward to spring!!!!!ha

uh oh'
Sounds like a CALL OUT!!!

And as for you Travis, Hope it all works out for you bro.
BTW hit me up man, I have something to go over with you. I think you will be interested.

James

Mike Norris Motorsports... I'll get ahold of ya soon, I'd like to meet you as well.
alright...im off friday.....ill get ahold of ya!!!!and yes i smell a call out!!!lol

Originally Posted by t/a for life
bhahaha oh the z vs the cobra mmmmm....haha can you throw a 1000 shot on car??? hahahaahaha. The cars up for sale but really did it just to see what it could bring in, if someone wants to buy it for that then hell ya its gone. BUT if it doesnt Travis ill be lookin for ya next spring DEFF hahaha.....
and t/a u better get some happy gas too!!!!!!!!its gona suck when u drive a 11.8s car and its the slowest thing out there...lmao......
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

You guys are soooo fu(ked- lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Which one of you Gents knows someone that can throw, and blend, some clear on a small section of my car? I ask here because I am hoping to utilize someone’s friend discount.
The money isn’t as long as it used to be.

As you can see in the pic, the clear is chipping away from beneath the emblem. This is a result of the previous emblem being ripped away and taking some of the clear with it.
As time passes, more of the clear is chipping away.

I wanted to pull the emblem, have the section corrected, then replace with a new emblem I have.

You guys know anyone that could spray this?
Attached Thumbnails Indy People....check-in and say hi!-clear.jpg  

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!