Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrob56
why wouldnt you just adjust the cable to allow it to shut?

because it has to deal with how the cable attaches to bracket. What you are doing is adjusting how the cable lays in the engine compartment. if you just move the T/B then you need a longer t/b.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

so basically i need to move the bracket my cable is hooked in foward is what your saying. that appears to me what the small bracket does.

But if i push the TB shut it stays shut on its own until i hit the throttle. then that big gear in the CC motor spins shut and sticks the throttle open about 20%.

Also now my car hard starts, which its got alot of timing in it but it has never had this problem, also the tach wont work. Anybody thinking that my CPS went bad?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

correct. that will solve the throttle issue. if the cps went bad, the car shouldn't start at all and you should have a check engine light.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody here in Indy have a fender roller tool for rent? Putting Street Lites and 315 Toyo drag radials on next weekend and I know i'm going to have to make some room...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

My tires come in tomorrow. Hopefully I have enough time to get them mounted up and test them out.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

At least I'm not the only person in Indy waiting on parts. lol

I just got the TSP 1 7/8" LT's Monday and My Stall back from Yank Tuesday.

I finished up the Line lock and ABS Delete on the Z today, and plan on putting the transmission, wiring harness, and accessories back on the car this week. And tying up all the loose ends by next month. So all I have to do is put the MWC Fab 9 in and get an allignment and tune. Then I'll be ready to rock out!
Oh I still need to order my Driveshaft and Anti-Roll Bar from MWC too!

It's gettin closer guys'
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Hey James its Brett with the 99z not sure if you remember me its been awhile ! Glad to hear the car is coming together for ya! I may be needing your help as soon as I get my tax return check!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

Hey guys! i think i kinda got dicked, check it out and tell me what you think. idk wtf to do now

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ting-like.html
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
Hey guys! i think i kinda got dicked, check it out and tell me what you think. idk wtf to do now

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ting-like.html
Damn man that sucks! Was there any kind of warranty with the rebuild? I would have an issue with any shop not performing the work I requested because THEY thought it wasn't needed. Bullshit......my car, my choice. I had a similiar issue with my old t/a and the trans. Had to take it back 3 times before it got right (and that only lasted 2 months). It kept burnin up clutch packs and the shift solenoids kept failing. Have you contacted the builder since the problems started? I would'nt waist anytime, get on his *** about gettin it squared away and running right.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

Yea being saturday and the strip opened up today so he of course is at the track where id like to be instead im working to pay to get the trans built again cause he fucked me.

I will be there first thing monday morning when he gets in around noon probly. Im more pissed now becasue i specificly asked for new wide heavy duty bands and a beast sunshell with a shift kit. i got a new pan gasket is all i think. come to think off it i dont even think i got a new front pump seal! i cant wait to see this guy....

EDIT:

Anyone know where i can get someone to build me a trans that will hold and do it in a week? james???
Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HaulinAce99
Hey James its Brett with the 99z not sure if you remember me its been awhile ! Glad to hear the car is coming together for ya! I may be needing your help as soon as I get my tax return check!
Yeah I remember you bro! You changed your screenname though. lol
Hit me up anytime man, I'll be more than happy to help you out. Just shoot me a pm and lmk what your wanting to do and I'll give you my number if you lost it.

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
Yea being saturday and the strip opened up today so he of course is at the track where id like to be instead im working to pay to get the trans built again cause he fucked me.

I will be there first thing monday morning when he gets in around noon probly. Im more pissed now becasue i specificly asked for new wide heavy duty bands and a beast sunshell with a shift kit. i got a new pan gasket is all i think. come to think off it i dont even think i got a new front pump seal! i cant wait to see this guy....

EDIT:

Anyone know where i can get someone to build me a trans that will hold and do it in a week? james???
WOW!!! That's some BS man! WTF is up with people here lately. I keep hearing about people scamming people. Now I'm getting Pissed Off!

If you need a transmission built that will hold, PM me!
My guy will have it done this week and give you a 6k mile or 6 month warranty (whichever occurs first) And he has been building them for 15 years. He knows his ****. He works at a local Tranny shop (he's the main guy/ Only Tranny Builder there) and he builds them at home for cheaper.
If your interested, I'll find out a price and lyk. Or I can give you his number and you can talk with him yourself! For a fresh rebuild and to have it beefed up, Your probably looking at about 700-800 with a warranty and thats for the upgrades you want and a complete overhaul kit. (Wide Bands, HD Clutches, Beast Sunshell, Shift Kit, New lip seals-pump seal,tailshaft seal, etc) Basically a complete overhaul with upgraded parts. He built my transmission and It held up fine. Right up til last October and It finally broke. But it wasn't his fault. My 3-4 drum broke and since I haven't been able to find an aftermarket 1 I guess I'm kinda screwed lol. But he replaced it and rebuilt it for the cost of parts and didn't charge me any labor. AND he gave me another Warranty! He's a great guy. LMK man!

James
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

James! That would be great and i could bring it straight down as soon as i get some more money saved up. im just gonna buy a new stall too i trust the one i have aqnd it worked great for the first 21 miles!! man im still pissed!

If you can find out a price and let me know that would be great! Im just gonna have to go back and see if i can get my money back! or take it! which ever it comes down to!

Anyone got a deal on a yank or vig?! 3200 or bigger! lol
Old 03-27-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Cool man, I'll look into a price for you. I'll pm you when I get 1 for sure... And yeah that does suck bro. Just keep me posted with what all happens. I'll help in any way I can!

Even if we need to....
j/k lol
Old 03-27-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

well i went to the 1/8th mile today after mike retuned my car..previous best was a 7.69 but was usually a 7.73-7.82... went out today and had some luck first pass was a 7.7 and ended up running 7.45's @94 and dont have the video yet, but heres a quick pic

its not much, but got me pretty excited, only thing is my 9" is making some wierd noises.. lol
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

nice photoshop, Joey! lol!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wondering who the Black Camaro that rev'd at me on 31 today was?! Member here? Thought it was Benny for a sec, but had a SS spoiler not a Z28... Sounded good though.

BTW The PT4000 converter is insane, compared to my SS3600 jesus!!! Think it puts it in the powerband of the cam a hell of a lot better.

You guys tear it up in Greenwood tonight?, it clouded over early and the weather kinda took a ****.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Tonight was pretty fun even tho i didnt get on 31 till late... sorry guys had to take the gfs mom out for her bday....but seen a couple races it was nice hahaha.....has anyone ever seen/heard a stalled m6 car yet???!!!! I own it!! ask james or joe hahahaha Jrob heard it also when we 'kinda' roll raced haha
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

sticky street tires are on. car hooked in 1st gear on the street last night.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by t/a for life
Tonight was pretty fun even tho i didnt get on 31 till late... sorry guys had to take the gfs mom out for her bday....but seen a couple races it was nice hahaha.....has anyone ever seen/heard a stalled m6 car yet???!!!! I own it!! ask james or joe hahahaha Jrob heard it also when we 'kinda' roll raced haha
wait we ran last night? i ran james and his girl twice in the walls, who can drive well, guess i gotta race the RS to beat one of james' cars hahaha. i bet you ran the guy with an identical car to mine, i saw you two up there lining up when i was cruising next to james. i saw you last min after the walls when you were turning around and i waved. i had to head home.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
wait we ran last night? i ran james and his girl twice in the walls, who can drive well, guess i gotta race the RS to beat one of james' cars hahaha. i bet you ran the guy with an identical car to mine, i saw you two up there lining up when i was cruising next to james. i saw you last min after the walls when you were turning around and i waved. i had to head home.
Yeah-Travis raced the other Camaro that looked like yours. He ran him thru the walls as you and Amber were running. BTW Good Race man! I thought you were gonna eat us alive, But I've been helping Amber with her shifting and she is getting ALOT better. She's only missed 3rd about 3 times. I'm shocked! But she doesn't know what gear to drop down in when she's roll racing so I'm still helping her with that!

TA 4 Life: has anyone ever seen/heard a stalled m6 car yet???!!!!

This is true! LOL
I have never seen a stalled M6 til last night riding wnext to Travis hahaha!
All you hear is wot then rpm's drop then raise, then drop, then grab and go! Tires squealing and all, lol!
Car runs pretty good tho Travis!

Joey! WOW Man, I can't wait to get my car up like that man. Pic looks killer bro!
Congrats on that best pass and for lifting the wheels. I bet it feels good huh?
I'm jealous now, hahaha!

Ben! Man those Fkn tires are insane bro! If you have problems hooking on the street with those, There is something seriously wrong hahaha. Glad you got it all together and are happy with it. Now get some more fuel in it, and crank da boost up hahaha. 800+rwhp, 700+rwtq.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!