Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobrasnake2003
Damn Boyce always starting trouble LOL! I think you 2 should just race for the cash and I will stay out of it. My car was a mid 11 second car before but will go a lot faster now. Harbs you are being kind of a hippocrite though since you wanted to race an 11.50 car with you car on nitrous. You should definitely be in the 10's on juice so you were going to try and do the same thing to me that I am supposedly doing to you. I keep no secrets...yeah the Cobra should go mid-high 10's with my mods. I pretty much said that but just not straight out. I said it would go mid 11's before but I was doing a decent amount of mods to it so it would be quite a bit faster. Also you said you could beat any, ANY, eaton blower car ported or not. I know there are a few in the 9's right now so obviously you did not do your research. I was not being sneaky at all. I specifically said it would be a lot faster than it was. Anyways no hard feelings and I will stay out of the feud between you 2. I will be lucky to have it done this year since I have a baby on the way and have to plan a wedding in the next 2 months and get a babies room done LOL! Good Luck Boyce!!

BTW....i wish the car would weigh 3000 lbs. It would go 10's without touching. More like 3350lbs. About 100lbs less than a Camaro.

my car ran 12.5s!!!!!!!!!!!cam only!!!can i not spray a 150 shot!!!!r u people crazy.....wat do expect me to launch at 5gs when im still running a 10bolt......my car cam only with 150 vs ported eaton blower cobra with full suspension stock weight = damn good race....there is no playing here ur gonna lauch off rev limiter and im gona launch at 3000 and pray my rearend makes it down the track....i dont see 10s out of my car with no suspension mods and stock rear....i do see mid to low 11s....its whatever.......i know nothing...im an idiot...chevys r all junk and a 03 cobra is the best car u could ever own.....jus bc my car is goin on the dyno saturday doesnt mean thats all its getting done.....saturday+cheap tune= my car actually idleing right, the check engine light being off since its throwing multiple cyclinder missfire, o2 sensors, and mass air flow codes, fixing the speedo since it thinks i still got stock gears and turning the skip shift off bc it kinda sucks when it wants u to shift from 1st to 4th when im doin like 10mph...its a chevy thing u wouldnt understand....
Old 02-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by purdueranger
Who wants to race my slow *** car? It's maybe a high 10 second car with slicks and skinnies on it. fastest it's gone is low 11s on a radial.
sounds like u should run cobrasnake2003 since a eaton blower setup is gona go faster than ur turbo setup....lmao...hahahahahaha
Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by harbaugh
my car ran 12.5s!!!!!!!!!!!cam only!!!can i not spray a 150 shot!!!!r u people crazy.....wat do expect me to launch at 5gs when im still running a 10bolt......my car cam only with 150 vs ported eaton blower cobra with full suspension stock weight = damn good race....there is no playing here ur gonna lauch off rev limiter and im gona launch at 3000 and pray my rearend makes it down the track....i dont see 10s out of my car with no suspension mods and stock rear....i do see mid to low 11s....its whatever.......i know nothing...im an idiot...chevys r all junk and a 03 cobra is the best car u could ever own.....jus bc my car is goin on the dyno saturday doesnt mean thats all its getting done.....saturday+cheap tune= my car actually idleing right, the check engine light being off since its throwing multiple cyclinder missfire, o2 sensors, and mass air flow codes, fixing the speedo since it thinks i still got stock gears and turning the skip shift off bc it kinda sucks when it wants u to shift from 1st to 4th when im doin like 10mph...its a chevy thing u wouldnt understand....
HAHA!! I understand the skip shift.....it is a joke no doubt.

Your car will run 11.7's-11.8's right now the way it sits with ease. A good set of tires makes all the difference. You were trapping at 118 which is damn good. That is a 1 mph less than the Cobra already. You add a 150 shot to that and you will be crazy fast even if you launch it easy....trapping in the mid-high 120's I would say capable of high 10's. I do not want excuses about rearends and such being junk. Worry about that stuff first instead of adding power. It always pays to take care of teh little things first. I am not doing any major weight reduction. Just the Kmember, rearend, wheels, and tranny. The car will still weigh 3300 at least. I am just guessing what my car should run but I am not for sure. It all depends LOL. I am not saying 03's are the greatest at all(they would be if Ford would have manned up and put a 5.4 in them LOL!) Your car runs extremely well. I hope all goes well for you on the dyno this weekend for ya.

BTW not cam only...full exhaust, gears, cold air, etc. Cam only means only a cam...nothing else LOL! J/K
Old 02-09-2010, 08:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, i wish my car weighed in at 3300 lbs. gosh, with my fat *** it, i bet i weigh in at close to 4200. Damn heavy pig GTOs. oh well.

On another note, GOOD MORNING INDY!!! **** THE SNOW!!! lol. def ruined my plans of getting the car out for once. oh well.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Teching In

sounds like u should run cobrasnake2003 since a eaton blower setup is gona go faster than ur turbo setup....lmao...hahahahahaha
Since you seem so inclined on being a smartass and my Cobra is far to scary for you I do have a race for you. It really would be close.

I am doing my buddies car up here in the next month. List of mods are below so you will know everything...so I do not hear any whining. If you think you can handle it let me know and we will do it.

1990 GT
Junkyard Explorer Engine heads have never been off
Stock Explorer intake
Anderson N41 cam
Full exhaust
Cold air, tbody, MAF, injectors, speedbrain
100 shot of Nitrous.

That literally is the engine. You should have no problem waxing a car with heads twice as small as yours and a cam with only 5.12 lift? It really would be interesting and fun because I think it would be extremely close.......but I guess I am way off on everything so you should have this one in the bag.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

what is this^^^ besides ruhtarded
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

I am not doing any major weight reduction. Just the Kmember, rearend, wheels, and tranny. The car will still weigh 3300 at least.

Rear end - 100 lb
slicks and skinnies - 80#
k member - 35-75 lb depending on who makes it and A-arms.

Yea, over 200 lb isn't major. hah.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Cobrasnake - I got a ported GT40 lower with IAC valve sensor port. I would take the stock explorer lower and cash ($150)

My old combo Cobra short block, GT40p with back cut valves, Beehive springs, Custom FTI cam with .540 lift with 1.7's, ported lower with explorer upper was 300rwhp.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
what is this^^^ besides ruhtarded
Lol wow Id actually bet that would a closer race than u think
Old 02-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Launching!

All this talkin will be great come saturday cuz hopfully justin is able to ride with me. haha thats has been the plan since iono 2 weeks ago. But Harb a cheap tune? haha my pocket book is TIGHT haha and this tune is going to wake my car up so much i believe it going to be like a brand new different car
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05GIRLSCAR
Lol wow Id actually bet that would a closer race than u think
Lets see it then.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by t/a for life
All this talkin will be great come saturday cuz hopfully justin is able to ride with me. haha thats has been the plan since iono 2 weeks ago. But Harb a cheap tune? haha my pocket book is TIGHT haha and this tune is going to wake my car up so much i believe it going to be like a brand new different car
yea...cheap....last year i was gona have my car tuned and i was looking at 500 bucks....this tune is gona be almost half...thats cheap in my book and its in indy...so thats a plus...and will see saturday
Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Since you seem so inclined on being a smartass and my Cobra is far to scary for you I do have a race for you. It really would be close.

I am doing my buddies car up here in the next month. List of mods are below so you will know everything...so I do not hear any whining. If you think you can handle it let me know and we will do it.

1990 GT
Junkyard Explorer Engine heads have never been off
Stock Explorer intake
Anderson N41 cam
Full exhaust
Cold air, tbody, MAF, injectors, speedbrain
100 shot of Nitrous.

That literally is the engine. You should have no problem waxing a car with heads twice as small as yours and a cam with only 5.12 lift? It really would be interesting and fun because I think it would be extremely close.......but I guess I am way off on everything so you should have this one in the bag.
ill run anybody....i dont care.....u cant win them all but i can still try...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
it is but every class i have taken so far in the automotive center the first 4 to 5 weeks seems to always talk about stuff i already know so right now its really boring but it always gets interesting at the end of the semester.

the more i go through it i see myself not wanting to work on cars for a living. the change almost every 5 years or so, and i will have to keep going back to school to learn the new technology(even though gm pays for it not sure about other dealerships/small shops). i am thinking about changing my major to business management, although im still not sure what i want to really do in college or as a job.
ya i was the same way and only after i had a bunch of people tell me that an automotive major would ruin the hobby for me on here and other places i chose to steer clear. i took a bunch of gen ed classes and kinda fell into my major Informatics(think computer science) with business and sociology minors. id like to do some tuning or buying, fixing, and selling of cars on the side as a supplemental income at some point...but only time will tell lol.

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
I know I just took my first one for tonight and now i gotta stay focused otherwise ill find myself cleaning random **** lol

Yeah I hate Accounting but thankfully I only have one more of those left, your computer classes sound about as much fun as my political law, psychology, and business ethics class. Keep at it man it will pay off for us hopefully
Yep sounds about right haha, and i think it will as long as there is a job market...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Rear end - 100 lb
slicks and skinnies - 80#
k member - 35-75 lb depending on who makes it and A-arms.

Yea, over 200 lb isn't major. hah.
No **** at least 1/4 sec or more in 1/4 mile!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

All I hear is My car is faster than yours and come spring I'm gonna race whoever and beat that a$$. Can we say GHEY!!! lol

Me > ALL

ON A SIDE NOTE, I HATE WINTER!!!!

I'm ready for Spring to get here damnit!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
All I hear is My car is faster than yours and come spring I'm gonna race whoever and beat that a$$. Can we say GHEY!!! lol

Me > ALL

I hate winter too. Damn wind. 12* with a -5* windchill.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007

Me > ALL

i know right!?!? come spring there wont be any talk about racing....if ya talk game...then its run or go home....it will be nice when its warm so i can start stalkin the streets again...hahaha...where theres a shadow thats where ill be watchin to see who my next kill is gona be son....lmao...pretty sure ill have a white camaro sitting next me and a yellow cobra on the other side...hahaha
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

I hate winter too. Damn wind. 12* with a -5* windchill.
Yeah it's BS! I was gonna go out and play in the garage, But after rewiring my outside light on the garage.... I said FU(K That lol!

i know right!?!? come spring there wont be any talk about racing....if ya talk game...then its run or go home....it will be nice when its warm so i can start stalkin the streets again...hahaha...where theres a shadow thats where ill be watchin to see who my next kill is gona be son....lmao...pretty sure ill have a white camaro sitting next me and a yellow cobra on the other side...hahaha
I hear ya man. I'm not talking any ****. But believe me when spring comes, I'm down to Race ANYBODY!!! Hell I think Everyone knows that. lol
Yep! I've raced everything from Hondas, MiniVans, And Station-Wagons, to Built Vipers and the occasional Lambo thats known on 31 lol!
Let me put it this way; when I get a chance to get some extra seat time in! You guys know where to find me! (In the Drivers seat at a stop light/Track near you!) hahaha

Can't wait! I'll be lurking in front of the shadows while Harbaugh takes care of whats behind me!
As for the Cobra, I'm sure he'll be right next to ya too!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Launching!

EASY BATMAN hahaha

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!